What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Four Corners Area: Where's the 'Decent,' Non-Aza/Neem Cannabis at?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Everything around here is trash, or polluted with neem/azadirachtin. I quit smoking local flower for a week and my digestive system is almost back to normal again. So disgusting to smoke that oily dispensary crap. I tried NuVue(sp?), who says they grow without neem/aza and in greenhouses in Pueblo. Wow, that was nasty flower. :(

I'm stuck where i'm unable to grow, it's been almost 2 years, and I'm looking for help finding clean and at least halfway decent quality cannabis. Living in the armpit of Colorado next to 3 other F'd up states. Wow

Am I missing decent flower at a dispensary around here somewhere?

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Everything around here is trash, or polluted with neem/azadirachtin. I quit smoking local flower for a week and my digestive system is almost back to normal again. So disgusting to smoke that oily dispensary crap. I tried NuVue(sp?), who says they grow without neem/aza and in greenhouses in Pueblo. Wow, that was nasty flower. :(

I'm stuck where i'm unable to grow, it's been almost 2 years, and I'm looking for help finding clean and at least halfway decent quality cannabis. Living in the armpit of Colorado next to 3 other F'd up states. Wow

Am I missing decent flower at a dispensary around here somewhere?
Good luck friend.

Douglas.Curtis

lol thanks, 'cause it looks like I'm gonnna need it. To be honest, I haven't tried dispos in other places like Durango or the New Mexico options. Guessing their stuff is just as bad as their roads. lololol

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I can't imagine any commercial pot being anything but toxic. When you grow for money, pest prevention is just a part of the business model. Period. I wouldn't dream of smoking the dispo pot here where I live. It leaves an oil slick on my tongue. LOL

How is the black market pot where you are? I am not familiar but I am imagining way less toxic pot from plain old sun grown local.

Best scenario.... a home grower that sells his excess.

Good luck

Peacefrog

Veteran
During my growing hiatus a few years back I bought a lot of dispensary bud in CO. Back then strains grown by 14er Boulder and Clearwater Genetics would smoke pretty well and were an acceptable substitute for my own product compared to the rest. I saw 14er strains listed at a lot of dispensaries in different cities. They are probably your best bet if you can find them.

Yeah Nuvue was a mistake. That's the bargain basement crap. If you find your way to Pueblo Doctor's Orders at the Stem Beach exit south of town was my preferred destination. That was a few years ago though.

Last edited:
Mmm "earthy" terps. "On a comparative scale, neem is favored less than Spinosad and Monterey BT. "

Pretty fucking sad America, med patients have to pick which pesticide they smoke. Oh well. My mother had her Mmj card for one day and I cut it in half when she was sold 3 strains that didn't not smell like weed at all. I will always remember that wake up call. If you're gonna use cancer patients for marketing the shit should not smell like fucking pesticides. And fuck America for accepting your pathetic fate so easily. I denounce my citizenship and dedicate the rest of my life to helping dismantle this unworthy nation of fucking self centered trash people.

The mids era was fun while it lasted, huh guys. Bunch of lousey fucks running around claiming they can cure your cancer while spraying their plants with eagle 20, 'sommeliers' who's entire crops are off flavors. Breeders calling everything that fucking looks like weed "skunk". Pretty fucking sad America couldn't handle the test run for unscheduled free-market weed. Teach your grandkids Mandarin and get them a Marinol script. American grown weed will not be a thing soon thank God.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
lol thanks, 'cause it looks like I'm gonnna need it. To be honest, I haven't tried dispos in other places like Durango or the New Mexico options. Guessing their stuff is just as bad as their roads. lololol
Sorry Douglas, you need to take a road trip to Denver. Clean products here.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I've been smoking the same plant for years.
At first, it was purchased in the form of bricks, then as flowers and finally growing at home. In the last year, I had several intestinal problems. I spent almost two weeks without being able to poop normally in an occasion. I could only understand that it was that Cannabis now that I haven't smoked anything for almost a month. It's the strain that was hurting me. I was sure of this when I planted a 100% organic crop at home without any type of IPM. My IPM is the soil itself, with active micro and macro fauna. So I'm dry. Taking some (herbal medicine) pills to controls aspects of my behaviour, but I'm better than I was before.
Now I'm waiting for my new plants to grow and see if it's really the case.

Just leaving a penny because it drew my attention to you commenting on the intestinal issue.
Hope you find a decent weed to medicate yourself. Good thoughts you will.

Douglas.Curtis

I will be in Pueblo at the end of the month for a fishing trip. Would be glad to share.
Though I greatly appreciate the offer, Pueblo is not in the four corners area. I mentioned it because the garbage from NuVue came from there.

@Marz Appreciate the info. I have run across a lot of cannabis grown in soils which polluted them, and many have been organic based. Those issues are different from the aza/neem issue I have, though they do not help either. :) Cannabis is a dynamic accumulator, so use organic amendments in the lowest amounts needed. You'll get cleaner cannabis with fewer issues. :)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Though I greatly appreciate the offer, Pueblo is not in the four corners area. I mentioned it because the garbage from NuVue came from there.

@Marz Appreciate the info. I have run across a lot of cannabis grown in soils which polluted them, and many have been organic based. Those issues are different from the aza/neem issue I have, though they do not help either. :) Cannabis is a dynamic accumulator, so use organic amendments in the lowest amounts needed. You'll get cleaner cannabis with fewer issues. :)
I am just visiting pueblo. My grow is in my basement. I don't even own any neem oil. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club

Believe in what you want.
Coming from someone unable to find weed, I'll discard your thoughts on organic soils, really cheap ones. 😊
Most of these issues come from unhealthy body and mind. Be able to run 5 miles in half hour and your sensibility you decrease for a normal human being level ☺️.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Believe in what you want.
Coming from someone unable to find weed, I'll discard your thoughts on organic soils, really cheap ones. 😊
Most of these issues come from unhealthy body and mind. Be able to run 5 miles in half hour and your sensibility you decrease for a normal human being level ☺️.
Strange thread. Afraid of your own shadow.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Strange thread. Afraid of your own shadow.
Its worst when you dive in. 8 years of this.

Douglas.Curtis

Did you mean 'worse?'

I believe in science...

Organic amendments are notorious for heavy metal content. Cannabis is awesome at sucking up heavy metals.

Believe your fantasy all you like ;)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Doug, sounds to me like you should grow hour own......that is one of the reasons I mostly only smoke my own.

Last time I partook is somebody's smoke was years ago and I smoked some of BigSur's wax.

Douglas.Curtis

Ty for the suggestion, this has been my solution until 2 years ago. Were it possible here (the logistics are a nightmare), this thread would not exist.

I'm also a super taster, so my experience with cannabis is sooooooo much more enjoyable or disgusting than the next few hundred(thousand?) tokers. What is enjoyable for many is simply terrible for me. The upside is I'm able to grow significantly less contaminated crops without the lab testing others would require.

Edit: The number of 10+ year experienced growers sharing straight up trash has amazed me.

Last edited: