What's new

Forum security (Question).

R03

This is a bit of a random question of many regarding security regarding the internet, and forums such as this.

I have been playing a litte, and wondered...

1.) Has anyone on a forum such as this one ever been busted, and had forum information (pics, text) brought up as evidence. I am sure it has happened. I am more interested in first hand experience. But then I guess if you have been busted, you would not be cruising this forum. Maybe someone knows something? Also I suppose if you were brought down, info one would post on a forum would be nothing compared to real evidence. More likely used to keep tabs, or learn more info, specifics easily gathered since the OP is giving out the info. I am talking grow journals, etc.

2.) I realize some countries have different laws regarding servers, etc.
To get around this Feds or equivalent have "Crackers". So does it really matter where an ISP is located, or server? I think forum info would be just a way of confirming, or discovering future potential busts. Looking for large scale, or a smaller operation linked to a larger organization, etc?

So, what I am getting at is:

Why the false sense of security then regarding info posted on this forum, or others such as this one. They can easily get in here, take what they need, find IP, ISP, etc. Even if you use some proxy crap, that is nothing, and no match for a competent Cracker.

I think forum posting might be the death of many in posting regarding hobbies such as this one, and others frowned upon by LEO. Anyone linked/suspected /ties with/to larger operations, organizations is a big pay cheque to them.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I am legal now, so I will act accordingly. Postin and getting infro off the web is something any other grower may do why not Cannibis?
Before? We would never hav had this conversation.....

spurr

Veteran
This is a bit of a random question of many regarding security regarding the internet, and forums such as this.

1.) Has anyone on a forum such as this one ever been busted, and had forum information (pics, text) brought up as evidence. I am sure it has happened. I am more interested in first hand experience. But then I guess if you have been busted, you would not be cruising this forum. Maybe someone knows something? Also I suppose if you were brought down, info one would post on a forum would be nothing compared to real evidence. More likely used to keep tabs, or learn more info, specifics easily gathered since the OP is giving out the info. I am talking grow journals, etc.

2.) I realize some countries have different laws regarding servers, etc.
To get around this Feds or equivalent have "Crackers". So does it really matter where an ISP is located, or server? I think forum info would be just a way of confirming, or discovering future potential busts. Looking for large scale, or a smaller operation linked to a larger organization, etc?

So, what I am getting at is:

Why the false sense of security then regarding info posted on this forum, or others such as this one. They can easily get in here, take what they need, find IP, ISP, etc. Even if you use some proxy crap, that is nothing, and no match for a competent Cracker.

I think forum posting might be the death of many in posting regarding hobbies such as this one, and others frowned upon by LEO. Anyone linked/suspected /ties with/to larger operations, organizations is a big pay cheque to them.

You have a very strong misunderstanding of how good anonymity networks function, and how they can be attacked (and not be attacked). You are spreading a bunch of FUD, and you're making way too many (totally incorrect) assumptions and suppositions about ISPs, LEO/FEDs and black hat hackers (aka crackers).

You did make one sound point though, in the form of a question, and here is the answer: yes, according to JJScorpio, a few people have been busted from actives on this site, but only because they were stupid and gave out their real address, etc.

R03

Enlighten me.

I am not trying to spread any "fud".

I do not have much faith at all in the security tactics typically used regarding anonymity networks, and the average user, etc. From what I have seen, if something can be done, it can just as easily be undone. Proxies, anon apps, whatever.
You are hard wired in, and that is just the tip of the mess.

This might be extreme, I mean it would be a waste of resources for the most part on the part of LEO. It just as easily come in very handy, in example someone linked to a large criminal organization.

R03
Well lets see im 31 now ,ive only been coding since i was 14 . VB6,EE , Visual .net, Python , C , C++ ,Java .I also do html ,php, database entry.I'm a former blackhat who still has the skills .I got degree in IT ,Network security , A++ certified . i would code circles around u and anyone u know . Face it your parinoid and need to move on, if ur to parinoid bout the net and growing . Proxies work when used right . No one is gunna take the time and resource money to tryn gain access to ICMag. Ever saw what a 256 or 128 bit SSL encryption looks like ?? LMAO i dont think u have . :tiphat:One more thing what makes me a expert??? LOL come to irc see my army , more like what makes u a parinoia skitzo . Wanna see what my skills are made of join me on mIRC ,Rizon or Efnet. It would cost tons of money just to sit there and try to get past the SSL encryption which wouldnt happen in your lifetime. u cant brute force its protocol ,login is all encrypted it would take years to figure out the packets and sequance for the login . so please explain to me mr skitzo how u or anyone else would get threw ? if anything someone would be dumb and get caught after being a victim of social engineering.thus gaining someones trust then gaining info

R03

R03
Well lets see im 31 now ,ive only been coding since i was 14 . VB6,EE , Visual .net, Python , C , C++ ,Java .I also do html ,php, database entry.I'm a former blackhat who still has the skills .I got degree in IT ,Network security , A++ certified . i would code circles around u and anyone u know . Face it your parinoid and need to move on, if ur to parinoid bout the net and growing . Proxies work when used right . No one is gunna take the time and resource money to tryn gain access to ICMag. Ever saw what a 256 or 128 bit SSL encryption looks like ?? LMAO i dont think u have . :tiphat:One more thing what makes me a expert??? LOL come to irc see my army , more like what makes u a parinoia skitzo . Wanna see what my skills are made of join me on mIRC ,Rizon or Efnet. It would cost tons of money just to sit there and try to get past the SSL encryption which wouldnt happen in your lifetime. u cant brute force its protocol ,login is all encrypted it would take years to figure out the packets and sequance for the login . so please explain to me mr skitzo how u or anyone else would get threw ? if anything someone would be dumb and get caught after being a victim of social engineering.thus gaining someones trust then gaining info

for the record that lil negitive rep u gave me for stating my opinons didnt do much LMAO ! im sure once a few ppl read this u will be without rep points at all

? I never gave you a negative rating, I gave you +. You seem like you need it. Also it was in reply to you negative rating to this thread, calling me a "dumb ass" gloating about your fantastic genius abilities.

Why are you so negative? Seriously buddy. We all choose how we want to feel every morning.

I have friends too. I think your knowledge is great. But you have a pomp-ass big head. If you are so well versed with certs, etc. You might also know that there is much more to learn. Anything that can be spun can be undone.

I was merely asking questions/concerns. I know in the case of this forum, it might never happen, the scenarios I put down. Though I though it could be decently answered or entertained by some of us who might have some knowledge.

All you are doing is putting your resume down, and saying NO! NO you are dumb, blah blah. I am smarter than you, etc... Someone who gloats about their accomplishments is usually lacking in this department, and unhappy with themselves.

Focus on yourself brother, we need to be happy with ourselves first. Before we can love others ;)

So, if you have anything non condescending to add to my questions/concerns. Please, tell me more. I am always willing to hear more.

spurr

Veteran
@ R03,

I would write more, but in all honesty, the topic so vast I don't want to broach it, for fear it will take too much of my time. I suggest you read everything you can on this web site, it should point you in the right direction, esp. see the Wiki under 'things we have not yet done' (ex., padding cells, etc.):
https://torproject.org

R03

Thanks Spurr, I know it was really a shot in the dark. Asking/posing this sort of topic/question(s) on this forum. That and the fact that there are so many variables involved.

I have been watching/playing with the TOR project for awhile. I'll have to take another look, and see what is new.

:tiphat:

? I never gave you a negative rating, I gave you +. You seem like you need it. Also it was in reply to you negative rating to this thread, calling me a "dumb ass" gloating about your fantastic genius abilities.

Why are you so negative? Seriously buddy. We all choose how we want to feel every morning.

I have friends too. I think your knowledge is great. But you have a pomp-ass big head. If you are so well versed with certs, etc. You might also know that there is much more to learn. Anything that can be spun can be undone.

I was merely asking questions/concerns. I know in the case of this forum, it might never happen, the scenarios I put down. Though I though it could be decently answered or entertained by some of us who might have some knowledge.

All you are doing is putting your resume down, and saying NO! NO you are dumb, blah blah. I am smarter than you, etc... Someone who gloats about their accomplishments is usually lacking in this department, and unhappy with themselves.

Focus on yourself brother, we need to be happy with ourselves first. Before we can love others ;)

So, if you have anything non condescending to add to my questions/concerns. Please, tell me more. I am always willing to hear more.

I never claimed to be smarter then u lol .... ive been on both sides black and white hat . just sayn anyone who wants anything from icmag .will have to put in serious work is all . one more thing its these kinda post that u started the thread with that installs fear into ppl from posting .for someone to go as far as it takes to go after someone on icmag . its gots to be personal is all . now dont get me wrong ppl can hack the forum if they had the skills and time . but im connected to the underground of the blackhat world . i do not know of any 0 day exploits or anything else thats gunna allow u to just walk up in here and hack some shit . not sayn they dont exist

qbert

R03
Well lets see im 31 now ,ive only been coding since i was 14 . VB6,EE , Visual .net, Python , C , C++ ,Java .I also do html ,php, database entry.I'm a former blackhat who still has the skills .I got degree in IT ,Network security , A++ certified . i would code circles around u and anyone u know .

I call BS. As an actual developer, it is clear from what you say that you don't know what you claim to here.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
hey dreams so icmag as a whole as those security measures in place....or only individual users who did something....im not very good with computers, i use tor for proxy...but im always paranoid about someone tracing my IP through this site, is that possible??

spurr

Veteran
Yes4Prop215 said:
i use tor for proxy...but im always paranoid about someone tracing my IP through this site, is that possible??

Not if you use Tor correctly :)

i do not know of any 0 day exploits or anything else thats gunna allow u to just walk up in here and hack some shit .

ICMag is running vBulletin 3.8.0 which was released in January 2009. You don't need a 0 day exploit for a piece of software released more than a year and a half ago.

Also, IBTL.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

1.) Has anyone on a forum such as this one ever been busted, and had forum information (pics, text) brought up as evidence. I am sure it has happened. I am more interested in first hand experience.

pictures from overgrow showed up in my discovery...
they could have been pulled from deleted sectors of my HD though...
this was a state case several years ago.

I call BS. As an actual developer, it is clear from what you say that you don't know what you claim to here.

ok brother . im a lead admin of rizon network on mIRC . believe what u wanna lol (ppl like u become victims calling ppl out) . i have no reason to prove other wise . all though u could google me current handle .if this wasnt a cannabis site . just cause i type sloppy on the forum ,doesnt mean i dunno how to code.i type perfect as a programmer ,if u dont u error out your compiler .i went from VB4 to VB6 to .net to C to C++ then picked up python even though its outdated . ive made some of the most baddest blackhat tools uve ever seen . dont talk stuff to someone u dont know . now i gave u one of my old handles go google it see if im talkn shit? all math comes easy to me. im inno way talking shit or nor do i think im better then anyone here . i just dont like ppl who doubt me , what reason would i have to lie ? im not gaining anything here one way or the other

ok brother . im a lead admin of rizon network on mIRC . believe what u wanna lol (ppl like u become victims calling ppl out) . i have no reason to prove other wise . all though u could google me current handle .if this wasnt a cannabis site . just cause i type sloppy on the forum ,doesnt mean i dunno how to code.i type perfect as a programmer ,if u dont u error out your compiler .i went from VB4 to VB6 to .net to C to C++ then picked up python even though its outdated . ive made some of the most baddest blackhat tools uve ever seen . dont talk stuff to someone u dont know . now i gave u one of my old handles go google it see if im talkn shit? all math comes easy to me. im inno way talking shit or nor do i think im better then anyone here . i just dont like ppl who doubt me , what reason would i have to lie ? im not gaining anything here one way or the other
This post reads like a novice. I'm not forming an opinion but this bolded sentence kind of says it all. I don't see a seasoned coder talking to anyone whose used a compiler using a sentence like this. You're stating the obv to anyone whose even so much as winmerged an app together.
I thought that's what folks did on the internet. Imagine, people telling the truth on the internet, how utterly absurd :blowbubbles:
I find more truth telling on the Internet than in real life b/c ppl on the Internet get called out way more often for their bs. Look how quickly it happened ITT.