What's new

Former U.S Citizens

HCSmyth

naga_sadu said:
I'm not US person but I've seen quite a few US/ UK guys doing subsistence level farming in the villages of Himachal and places like Orissa and Assam. They ditch their passports on the ganges river, marry a local and get integrated into the agrarian culture...

The need to live peacefully w/o any bullshit is a pretty strong call after all...

I always deep down wanted to live peaceful existence in rural upstate NY where I am from. Most of my friends moved away then I moved away to chase what we Americas call careers and what Naga might call wage slavery. I could never do subsistence level farming in these villages because I am too addicted to modern luxuries like running water. So what ever, Naga you make some very interesting points and got me thinking.

naga_sadu

I could never do subsistence level farming in these villages because I am too addicted to modern luxuries like running water. So what ever, Naga you make some very interesting points and got me thinking.

Yup...

Subsistance lifestyle in an agrarian commune for sure ain't no Shangri-La. It got its own difficulties. Water ain't an issue, most villages are located near a running stream or river. More than running water, fucking mosquitos....FUCKING MOSQUITOES. They suck, and it's a pain in the ass to crash only to hear a "bzzzzzz" in ur ear all night. You'll have to answer nature's calls in the open. And if you grow, you can't just walk up and say "yo man, gimme a cannister of pH down & Walmart soil." Getting items is by far one of the most difficult things as an agrarian. For example, if you need litmus paper to test your pH, you'll need to board a bus to the nearest municipality, on average which will be 100-200 kilometers.

Once u get there, you'll have to check into a PDS (public distribution system) warehouse and apply for whatever you need. Usually, you'll be put on a waiting list, which could run anywhere between 1/2 hour to 2 months. Also, you'll have to copulate w/ur wife etc., in the fields, a concept many urbanites may find a tad bit uncomfortable.

But again, there are perks. No system. No police station. No government interference. Though our Free land use act is scrapped, it's barely enforced in the remoter rural areas. Which can be an added bonus. Village folk tend to be more honest, down to earth, less arrogant than their urban counterparts by and large. Another perk is you won't be pressurd to perform by any front and people don't attach value for $$$. As long as your belly's full- and ideally your lungs- you're set :joint: When doing outdoor grows, you can grow away, without having to worry a finch about "security." The chances of seeing a cop or any aspect of "el gobierno" is less than the chances of seeing a cyclops.

If you do marry into a mj cultivating / hash making family, you're SET though ;) There are culture shocks you need to adjust to. For example, in many rural communes, you'll be expected to father at least 6-8 kids. Family planning? What's that??? Stuff like this may prove as a shocker to an urban dweller...

Again, I have no idea on rural conditions in the United States, this is South Asia in a nutshell.

naga_sadu

Some data for deciding Where to settle- for stoners

Some data for deciding Where to settle- for stoners

This is BY NO MEANS a fool proof scientific study, just a rough guide. In my experience, ON AGGREGATE, the mj tolerance in a place is related directly to its prisoner population ratio. The lower, the better. Here's a URL:

http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache...+prisoner+population&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=in

Countries with high prisoner populations:

1. Tend to have an active (versus passive) police force. Ex: Cops patrolling the streets = active. Cops playing cards all day = passive.

2. Tend to actively prosecute those who defy "the system"- of which mj is a part of...

3. Tend to be harder to cultivate in, requiring more discretion & secrecy on behalf of the cultivator.

4. Tend to have drug laws (obviously!) that are ENFORCED.

Here's some data (prisoner population per 100,000) for some random countries:

USA: 714
Thailand: 264
Singapore: 392
Cambodia: 47
Vietnam: 71
India: 29
China: 118
Netherlands: 123
Russia: 532
Estonia: 339
Scotland: 132
England & Wales: 142
Ghana: 54
Jamaica: 176
UAE: 250
Israel: 209
Turkmeinistan: 489
Nepal: 29
Pakistan: 55
Taiwan: 251
Bangladesh: 50
Colombia: 152

Of course, this is a VERY crude "indicator." Elements such as prevailing poverty, despotic clerics running things could also increase incarceration rates (though mostly for political "offenses"). But nevertheless, if you want an "in the nutshell" kind of guide, you can use this data, I suppose...hope it helps at least a single ICMagger out!

Again, I'll conclude- this method CANNOT be used as a solid determinant of the "scene"- but just points to a direction on where things may be in general, locally, with regards to people not complying w. the official dikats (including mj prohibition since it's illegal worldwide). It's crude, it's innacurate, but hey, it's an indicator nevertheless. Use it as such.

TO make this guide more "accurate", factor in geographical size of the country and it's economy. For Ex: Singapore is a city state, is a "first world (i.e. no poverty, unemployed youths)but still locks up 392 per 100,000. This most certainly = fascist state. Pakistan on the other hand, is bigger than Singapore, has higher poverty rates, but most certainly it hosts MUCH lesser prisoners than does Singapore. Thailand is more developed than Pakistan. And Pakistan has higher % of poverty, unemployment etc., than does Thailand, yet- Pakistan locks up WAY fewer people than Thailand. So, I'd wager my chances of cultivating in Pakistan than in Thailand...shit like that.

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
naga_sadu said:
... Also, you'll have to copulate w/ur wife etc., in the fields, a concept many urbanites may find a tad bit uncomfortable..

Depends if its left or right field and how many fans are watching. :yoinks:

baseball_field_jeffGross6.jpg

HCSmyth

naga_sadu said:
TO make this guide more "accurate", factor in geographical size of the country and it's economy. For Ex: Singapore is a city state, is a "first world (i.e. no poverty, unemployed youths)but still locks up 392 per 100,000. This most certainly = fascist state.

I remember when that American kid who's father was some big wig got caught vandalizing cars in Singapore and they insisted on canning the kid on the butt. And canning in Singapore is not a gentile slap on the butt!