What's new

? for icmag

B-roni

ppm is a scale for reading your total dissolved solids....ec is a more accurate way to read it...get yourself an ec meter and just dip it in your nute soup....if your ec is too high...add water...if its too low...add more nutes...simple as that. i would recommend a meter that will also show you ph...ec is the oly universal language when it comes to measuring tds...here is a graph to show ya what i mean...the conversion scale from ec to ppm can either be the 500 scale or the 700...this is why you dont wanna read as ppm

Last edited by a moderator:

richoll

ppm is a scale for reading your total dissolved solids....ec is a more accurate way to read it...get yourself an ec meter and just dip it in your nute soup....if your ec is too high...add water...if its too low...add more nutes...simple as that. i would recommend a meter that will also show you ph...ec is the oly universal language when it comes to measuring tds...here is a graph to show ya what i mean...the conversion scale from ec to ppm can either be the 500 scale or the 700...this is why you dont wanna read as ppm

thanks your help is much appreciated

asstastic

recamendid foot print of a 150w is 1' x 2' but ide recamend 2'x2'
any one who answers no does not know what ther saying ive read every page of the 150 club over and over its all in there
post this q in the 150 club youll get the right answer or just ask disco biscut

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
recamendid foot print of a 150w is 1' x 2' but ide recamend 2'x2'
any one who answers no does not know what ther saying ive read every page of the 150 club over and over its all in there
post this q in the 150 club youll get the right answer or just ask disco biscut

Why in the world would you recommend going from 75 wpsf to 37.5 wpsf?

There is a reason the recommended foot print is recommended.

asstastic

i dont use ppm or ec meters if your plants burn you gave them too much thats how i do if they can take it they get it

asstastic

Why in the world would you recommend going from 75 wpsf to 37.5 wpsf?

There is a reason the recommended foot print is recommended.
1x2 is what others use i use 2x2 and i dont get fluffy nugs so thats why i recamend bigger cab plus easyer to vent/cool
ill put up a journal soon if your intrested

NiteTiger

Veteran
When you're talking light footprint, your aim is to get as many wpsf as possible without temp problems or light bleaching. Cannabis performs best at 50 wpsf and greater. Below that, and growth DOES slow.

I am speaking from experience as well. When I was a new grower, I discounted wpsf myself. I grew some great plants, healthy and happy with gorgeous buds. It wasn't until I was in a space that forced me above 50 wpsf that I finally got it. The same strain was suddenly a whole new plant, with much more aggressive growth and much heavier buds.

I'll agree that ppm/ec is not necessary unless your nute regime is particularly complex, or dependent on ppm/ec measurements. I've never owned a ppm meter. PH is a must, but ppm/ec, I agree, not universally required.

But when you go on to criticize B for putting a 1kw in a small space, it again points to lack of understanding of indoor lighting intensity. The more light, the better. Always. As much as you can get while controlling temps, and not bleaching leaves.

We're trying to replicate the sun for our plants, a fool's errand to be sure. It's something we're not able to achieve. But the closer we can get to bathing them in the incredible intensity of the sun, the closer we are to realizing our dream.

One of the best grows I had used a 1kw in a 3x2 (rec- 4x4), and I got nugs so dense that you could have played softball with them. In fact, one of them was approximately the same size and shape. Haven't seen a round bud like that before, nor since, but it was awesome :D

So, the higher the light intensity, the better. 'Not getting fluffy nugs' is not the same as getting the most out of your plants.

B-roni being able overcome temp and ventilation issues with such a high wattage in a small space should be highly interesting to a cab grower. You should be asking him how in the world he does it, instead of scoffing at the idea. It's an impressive feat, to be sure. Of course he could use something smaller, but if you've got a 2000lb bunker buster, why use a grenade? :D

B-roni

Nite Tiger put it better than i could have. i also say you are right ppm and ec is not completely needed to grow successfully. the reason i use it is as a reference point kind of. I have seen my strains grown by others and seen the ec they run them at....therefore i know what the strain likes already and can match that without question and without burning my girls. not every one of my strains like the same ec at the same stages so its easy for me to knowingly adjust. thats all im sayin. as far as my cab goes...i didnt design it for stealth like so many cab growers. it was designed to run a 1k withough me having to look at it....simple as that. atm im working on getting a new room setup since i moved....thats why the cab. i have a small footprint in there but...it still grows 1k nugs. as far as building the cab goes...i mean it was really simple. running the 1k in there with nothing but abient air coming in...well i knew i would have to exchange the air FAST. I think right now im exchanging the whole cab about every 10 seconds...thats a rough estimate in my head without doin the math....but...im pullin 1000cfm through there with 2 6" 440cfm fans venting the cab and 1 4" fan pullin about 150cfm through my hood. they all run straight to my attic so the heat isnt recycled throughout my room. like i said...definitely not a stealth cab....and i would never model a stealth cab after mine...at least not one this size. you may also be interested to know it is extrememly quiet since everything runs in the attic...i actually sleep with my head about 5' from the cab running full speed ahead. its about as loud as a running fridge. not too bad :).....and the girls seem to like the cab a whole lot

picture.php

dont get me wrong...you can grow the shit outa some buds with a 150 when used properly...and i love to watch what a 150 can do...but its no 1k....however...this is a 150 thread so lets get back to the box building....im excited to see what richoll is gonna do with his build :)

richoll

sorry for the delay folks but financial problems have delayed the grow but dont worry i'm still gonna do it cuz i hate paying 60 for an 1/8 of some fire

richoll

So the fundamentals to growing good quality nugs are

1.Very good lighting at least 50w per Sf
2.Good Nutes
3.Proper PH

anything else im missing cuz im really getting tired of paying 20a g and 60 for 1/8ths

NiteTiger

Veteran
So the fundamentals to growing good quality nugs are

1.Very good lighting at least 50w per Sf
2.Good Nutes
3.Proper PH

anything else im missing cuz im really getting tired of paying 20a g and 60 for 1/8ths

Plus a carbon scrubber, and good genes, of course ;)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah that's it, wattage means nothing, it's proximity and subsequent lumen exposure that counts. a 20w bulb at 20cm away will be better than a 1000w at 10m away. issue with using high wattage bulbs in small grows is that it is overkill if you can't realise the potential of all those lumens from the 1000w bulb, if most of it is reflected off the walls etc and you're getting the same watts/m as you would with a lower wattage but closer to the plants then you're just wasting your money to prove a point. lol but better to be able to afford it and have it and not need it, than need it and not have it/afford it. to each their own. respect

darwin

richoll

well the day finally arrived heres the cab the veg and flower
and i got my purple lady sprouted and my blueberry sprouted
just planted them in the dirt today

Picture 061.jpg

Picture 062.jpg