What's new

For All The Pitbull Owners/Lovers Out There

S

schwagg

Boy do I feel stupid... I didn't research the Hartz Ultraguard Flea drops or I NEVER WOULD'VE PUT THAT SHIT ON MY BUDDY!!!!!

OMG! I'm sure most of you know or have heard or you may be like me and saw it for years at the store and thought it must be decent.. FUCK NO!!!! Gave it to him 4 days ago and I thought it was bedbugs bitting him since they are rampant right now and I found a few on the boxspring but NO!!!! He had a bad reaction from the toxic ass Hartz shit that smelled nice!!! Crazy that something so toxic could smell pleasant like it did. He ended up with welts ALL over his body and I mean EVERYWHERE!!! I had shown my mom a few the day before and I guess her eyes got pretty bad not to notice these welts until I had the grow tent open and that HID lighting hit him and they stood out like crazy!!! So I looked it up and sure as shit I get story after story of dogs and cats going into seizures and biting their tongues off! Reading that freaked me out and I gave him a shower for 45min and washed him with Cetaphil face soap for sensitive skin. He felt real oily and wasn't giving me a hard time like usual so I could tell he knew shit was wrong with him. Luckily this morning they have gone down and he only had like 3 lil bumps left which sounds like the mild skin reaction which takes several days to go away!!!!!!!

I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for being cheap, thought we were doing the right thing cuz he had fleas and was chewing and wanted him to be comfy. Money is tight though so we got the cheaper stuff but like I said I didn't think a company would be able to have shit on the shelf with problems like this happening. Been around for 20yrs at least and I've seen it since I was a kid so never did I think my dog could die from it or even have the reaction he got from it...

It's been a rough night and I will be joining the lawsuit that's been filed against them, help get Hartz off the shelves!!!!!!

thunderkel, you can use apple cider vinager on a paper towel and wipe down the dogs coat. fleas hate it. glad you didn't kill the dog. its a shame what companies can sell you.

edit: heres a link for the sores... http://www.planetearthremedies.com/resources/planetdogremedies.html

it seems to not be listed but she makes a honey salve called "canine honey healing soap". it's the best ever! the hot spot is good too. i'm sure you could call her and ask about the honey soap.

O

OneTokeOver

Here's my girl, Dixie.

Not bad for a rescue, eh?

Attachments

• Dixie Cover.jpg
    Dixie Cover.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 11

trueblu23

Wow greyhounds banned from certain apartments now that's nuts. It sucks how some possible irresponsible dog owners ruin it people wanting pitbulls in apts. I had my boy at my old apts which didn't allow pits either but only for his first 3 months, thankfully nothing happened.

feed and exercise your dogs everyday. bored dogs chew and act out. they should always have fresh water and lots of it. for non energetic dogs 45minutes of exercise daily is required. for pits or super energetic dogs they need alot of exercise. my dogs are loose on a piece of electric fenced in property and are free to play all they want. which is why i cant keep the grass full lol.. littlemiss and i still take our dogs for walks and trips to exercise more... they have a pool so they can swim. we take them to the lakes and more.

treat your dogs properly and youll have socialized pits who are gental and caring.. its not the breed its the deed..

They are so far removed from that, and if you look further, the White Terrier was used which is now extinct, so it wasn't just "ANY" Terrier and Bulldog (modern day bulldogs are nothing like those Bulldogs of the 1800's) that was crossed. HUGE MISCONCEPTION.

If you cross a Bulldog and a Terrier and think you are going to get a American Pit Bull Terrier you have another thing coming.

My family has been such a huge part of what makes up modern day American Pit Bull Terriers in this Country. I know the breed like the back on my hand.

i'm not a retard buddy.... and i'm sure you are responsible for the new american pitbulls.... haha. you don't just breed two dogs and the voila we have a pit. it's from continuous breeding of dogs that have specific genetic traits that you get a breed of dog. i started this thread for people who own and love pits, not for people to act like they know it all. don't treat me like an idiot please. obviously the bulldog has changed fropm what it was and so has every other breed of dog.... that's what breeding dogs does... and evolution. we humans aren't what we were either. if you wanted to keep a breed the way it was yopu'd have to only breed it with specific dogs... and lets face it it doesn't happen much. most dogs have crossbred, and a lot of people breed their dogs with any mut just to make a quick buck. i think i'd believe a true pitbulls breeder and the kennel club over some guy who says he has been a hugs part in making the pitbull what it is today. but anyways i'm done wasting my breathe.....

everyone nice doggies!:tiphat: i'm lovin' the black and white pitties! I ahve two myself. i call em' my cows :)

Hold it now maybe you should of read my first post I never said I believe that you shouldn't feed a pitt everyday, just a question, because some dumbass told me that sh*t dosen't mean I believe it, nor does it mean I treat my dog that way. Our Siberian Husky is feed EVERYDAY!!!!!!!

well i hope you don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a dog is a dog whether it's a pittbull or other. whoever told you that is obviously mistreating their dog and should get a shit kicking and have their dog taken away!

supermanlives

Veteran
i have nothing against any breed of dog . theres some i just wouldnt want again.i had dobermans too when they were demonized. if you really love pits please visit your local shelter as there is a bunch that wanna go home

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
lil miss grow thanks for the neg rep bitch u were the first to give me neg points lol i give em riight back to ya. my post wasnt directed at ya at all. it was to all the ppl breedin muts and unregisterd dogs. i been with this breed my whole entire life and hate to see whats happenin to it.
supermanlives.... great post bro most ppl should adopt theres millions of pits in shelters all over and most ppl shouldnt have a pitpup in my opinion they dont know what theyre gettin into hence the number of dogs in a shelter.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm not a retard buddy.... and i'm sure you are responsible for the new american pitbulls.... haha. you don't just breed two dogs and the voila we have a pit. it's from continuous breeding of dogs that have specific genetic traits that you get a breed of dog. i started this thread for people who own and love pits, not for people to act like they know it all. don't treat me like an idiot please. obviously the bulldog has changed fropm what it was and so has every other breed of dog.... that's what breeding dogs does... and evolution. we humans aren't what we were either. if you wanted to keep a breed the way it was yopu'd have to only breed it with specific dogs... and lets face it it doesn't happen much. most dogs have crossbred, and a lot of people breed their dogs with any mut just to make a quick buck. i think i'd believe a true pitbulls breeder and the kennel club over some guy who says he has been a hugs part in making the pitbull what it is today. but anyways i'm done wasting my breathe.....

everyone nice doggies!:tiphat: i'm lovin' the black and white pitties! I ahve two myself. i call em' my cows :)

Open your own mind and maybe you will learn something lady. Trying to pretend your book smart doesn't make you truly knowing when it comes to "this" breed. Spreading propaganda doesn't help the next person that is truly trying to learn the truth in regards to the breed from the ground up.

Let true dog men handle that.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Not trying to get into the pissing match or take sides, but I have friends involved in breeding APBT's, reservationlabs knows what he's talking about, he sounds as educated and knowledgeable as my friends are (very) when he speaks on the subject. Anywho...

thundurkel, that fuckin sucks! Good thing he didn't have an even worse reaction to that crap. I hope that lawsuit has the intended results and that shit gets pulled from the shelves, good luck! :tiphat:

supermanlives

Veteran
ooh ya you should feed all dogs every day along with plenty of water, unless your trying to make em mean and hungry.fighting dogs is bad. my last dog ate 4 meals a day. but ran about 5 miles behing my 4 wheeler afew times each day

C

cmobile69

Hello folks I am new and I enjoy this thread. Pits was a hobby of mine some years ago and hopefully in the future. You have some nice looking dogs here and if I could I would take them all home. I used to own a Redboy/Carl Mims bred, rust color. I have met Rushin Bill former owner of PBR magazine, cool guy bought a nice pup from him, Eli, boudreax(sp) breeding. I even started with an Amstaff I didn't care at first about game bred. I owned my first pit when I was a teenager now middle age. But enjoy your little burst of energy.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Here is Buddy, one of the few Pits and others I have.

He is 137lbs and has a 27" head.

He is Champion everything. (Obedience and XXL class)

I have family pics of Buddy as well: him sleeping with little kids, a 5 year old riding on his back, my few other dogs and him all running together on the beach etc. but this is the only pic not showing people and ICM rules say not to show pics of people unless you have their permission.

And yeah he IS a good guy.
Unless you have bad intentions and get within his reach. :dueling:

Yeah the stick over the wall pissed him off and about a 1/10 of a second after the pic was taken that stick was shreds! lol
picture.php

hey reservationlabs,

a few pages back u said ur fam has raised apbts for some time. which lines u workin/ worked with? and noticed any diff in said lines since ur fam started. just curious u sound like u know these dogs well, as i dol. so i thought id throw it out there.

and strainhunter, 137lbs 27in head and all of a foot off the ground hahahaha. put that sob on a diet man.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

and strainhunter, 137lbs 27in head and all of a foot off the ground hahahaha. put that sob on a diet man.

Naw man he follows me everywhere I go on my 4wheeler, often 5 miles/day.

He eats raw diet only and has very little fat on him.
And I mean VERY little.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey reservationlabs,

a few pages back u said ur fam has raised apbts for some time. which lines u workin/ worked with? and noticed any diff in said lines since ur fam started. just curious u sound like u know these dogs well, as i dol. so i thought id throw it out there.

My family has worked with the Colby line for years and it is the favorite line of my family. They have also at times worked with the Carver lines. The Colby line has changed as Louis Colby has aged, but the Carver line and the people whom keep it have really kept it pure and of top quality. I would say Carver dogs are just as bit as good today as they were in the 50's, 60's and 70's from what I understand.

And yes I agree with you NO American Pit Bull Terrier should ever have a 27 Inch Head and be 137lbs. That is an Am-Bully and should be considered its own breed totally kept clean of our American Pit Bull Terrier breed name.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

NO American Pit Bull Terrier should ever have a 27 Inch Head and be 137lbs. That is an Am-Bully and should be considered its own breed totally kept clean of our American Pit Bull Terrier breed name.

The UKC/APBT are the ones setting the standard, not you.

My dog is not disproportionally massive or rangy hence has won the the UKC/APBT classes he has won. :wave:

ya ive heard varrying stories about colby dogs of today but have never seen one in the flesh so i cant really make a opinion on them

very tru about the carver dogs. heard they were not to be takin lightly in there day. seems u dont hear to much about them these days with all the rbj,eli,mayday etc crosses it seems everyone is flocking to.

strainhunter. how do u figure hes within standard. maybe the ukc amstaff standard. which is a joke btw. dual registering amstaffs as apbt so nobody feels left out lol. hes like 5 real apbts in one dog lol. u gotta american bully bro nothing wrong with that im sure hes a good dog just not the noble APBT.

shroomdr. mind sharing the ped on ur ab. i have 2 abs aswell. great dogs minus the slobber lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts