What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For a 5X5 Mother Tent. What Pot Size, And What Type (Plastic, Fabric) of Pot Do You Recommend?

MajorGrindage

I have a 5x5 tent to use as a mother tent.

The last thing i need to decide on is pot size, and what type of pots.

I am assuming plastic is the best, and its sounding like 3 or 5 gallon would be best through my research, but im not 100% sure.

I use organic soil (BuildASoil Light to be exact).

So My Main Questions Are:

1. What pot size would you go with for a 5x5 Mother tent
  2. What kind of pot? (plastic,fabric,etc)
  3. How many mother plants could you fit in the 5x5 with whatever pot size you chose?
Im very curious to hear what you guys have to say. Most of you on here are so knowledgable its crazy haha. Thank you!!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's a good question friend and you are right about using 3 to 5-gallon pots for large plants. However, using smaller pots for small plants is key and a good rule of thumb. Matching the plant size with the pot size is very important. Using organic soil, water management is very important because the water releases or activates the nutrients. Using too much water in a big container will deplete the water-soluble nutrients and cause problems later in the grow.

Start with small pots and up-pot to the next size using the same potting mix when the roots fill the smaller pots. Using this method allows the amendments to last longer and feed the plants longer without waste.