What's new

Foliar spraying protekt ?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one aspect of growing that i've never gotten into or even really researched is Foliar spraying ..... A ton of guys here say its a must do , but haven't felt the need to .

I'm growing in straight canna coco, fed with Hydroponics research ... veg & bloom . RO soft water formula & 0ppm RO water . mixed to desired ppm for that stage . when mixed it comes out to 5.7 PH. but after the last run with it i decided that more silica is needed .

what i want to know is ... can i foliar spray with Protekt & at what dose ? can i spray the whole plant (buds & all ) or just the fan leaves ?

need some advice gang :tiphat: :thank you:

Ground Up

Agreed I have some too...never tried folier feeding though. I keep jacking my nute batches with it....have to add it first huh?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read today that the nutes you use have silica in them. Why do you feel you need more?
Hey Dans
Your right 3rd , they do have silica in them but even they suggest to add more if needed .
i ran the same plants as usual in the same soil (canna coco ) & while my harvest was the biggest i've ever done with them ... the frost just wasn't there as when i used protekt as part of my nute schedule . i tried adding it in with the veg & bloom & cuz it acts as a PH up also my ph went up to 6.5 & had to use PH down to get it back in range . & the down side is that my PH was going back to 6.5 by the next morning again . not happy with that .... at all !! so i'll stick to just V & B with my RO water & try to add silica either in the coco or a foliar application .

I am trying Hydrolite mixed in to the coco this round @ 20% . i just transplanted 16 SSH clones into 2 gallon squares with the hydrolite mixed in .... so i'll see how that goes , but wanted to hear about the foliar spraying cuz i've never done that before . in case the hydrolite don't give me my icky stickys back :)
once i started using silicablast first then went to protekt .... the difference in my plants were freakin amazing !!! the stems were twice as fat, the branches held the buds up better & the REAL plus was the sticky frost that trippled sense i started using it . :)

heres the thread i have about adding silica to the coco .....https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=240623

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i added a little pro-tekt last time i sprayed azamax and it didn't seem to harm developing buds(sativa). if i remember correctly i only used like half a mL or maybe one mL for a one liter spray bottle. i have read it breaks the surface tension and it most definitely makes the water slosh around different.

i am in coco also and am looking to add NAPA 8822(and maybe even DE and sand). i have not seen hydrolite at the hydro store but will keep an eye out.

Dyna-Gro's Protek and Dyna-Gro's 100% Neem oil is one of the BEST organic sprays you can use hands down! It works great as both a leaf polish and protectant, bug repellent, and it is a great way to increase plant growth and health! Have been using this combo for MANY MANY MANY years now and it works GREAT! Try it, you will NEVER stop using it!

The Protek acts as a emulsifier/wetting agent for the Neem oil so you do not need to use soap!!

You can mix in 5ml 100% Neem oil per liter of water. Then mix in 1ml - 1.5ml of Protek per liter of water and your ready to go spray!

Do not apply in direct sunlight!! You can use it about once every 2 weeks and best time to apply is in early morning or late evening, make sure and soak the plant down well getting the underside of leaves as well. This solution also will provide water for the plants as well.

Silica is one of the most underrated and and under used products in horticulture. It actually changes the structure of the cell walls in the plants, if you saw the difference under a scope you would ALWAYS be using a silica supplement in your nutrient program. It really does make a HUGE difference!!

Most growers also under estimate the gain and value in final product/yield when silica supplements are used in flowering.

My 2nd favorite spray is just some Nitrozyme and RO water.....1 teaspoon per liter of RO water!

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i disagree with Sea(but respect her) silica does its best for the plant when watered in , however you do that. Best for foliar is fulvic acid. Biotanicare has Fulvic and there is a product called fulpower , or if you can find it grandma eggys fulvic acid. but its no longer sold in Cali.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
i disagree with Sea(but respect her) silica does its best for the plant when watered in , however you do that. Best for foliar is fulvic acid. Biotanicare has Fulvic and there is a product called fulpower , or if you can find it grandma eggys fulvic acid. but its no longer sold in Cali.
California & Oregon do not allow the term 'Fulvic acid' on labels

BioAg Ful-Power is a pure Fulvic acid and this is the name used for both retail and online sales to Oregon & California customers. In other states and countries the term Fulvic acid is used.

CC

Izoc666

Yeah I ve always foliar spray plants every week...I ll stop the spray when my ladies are into 3 or 4 weeks...Im afarid of the bad taste or molud but i never try it before...well i think you seen my post in your other thread about diatomaceous earth, im still use Pro tekt for foliar spray...2.5 ml of Pro-tekt per gallon mix with DGs Neem Oil, i got stellar result with it. i feel that 2.5 ML of PT is best start so you can read the plants reacts.

happy gardening and peace

Ground Up

California & Oregon do not allow the term 'Fulvic acid' on labels

BioAg Ful-Power is a pure Fulvic acid and this is the name used for both retail and online sales to Oregon & California customers. In other states and countries the term Fulvic acid is used.

CC
buy soy-ful same stuff but legal in Ca

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
BioAg Ful-Power ia available in Cali you just wont see the ingredient on the label.
Al

The explanation on the ruling by Oregon & California is an incredible read - LOL

This might help - Properties of Humic Substances which is from this body of work from Dr. Jerzy Weber, professor of soil science at the Department of Soil Science & Agricultural Environment Protection, of the Agricultural University of Wroclaw, Poland

Widely respected as an authority in soil science including the scientists at BioAg

HTH

CC

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow ... thank you everybody :thank you:

I'm gonna try this , so 3 to 5ml per gallon just like i'd add to my nutes will work in foliar too .... cool :biggrin:
I'm at 4 weeks in flower with 12 ladies , should i spray the whole plant or try & stay away from the buds ? but everything in veg is getting hit with some tomorrow morning after lights off . might even help strengthen the stems on my seedlings .

thanx again everone for their help ... its greatly appreciated :tiphat:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok quick question i forgot to ask the experts ...... What about the PH of the spray ? when i mixed 4ml of Protekt in a gallon jug of 008 ppm RO water PH of 6.5 it came out to 10.5 PH ... should i drop this down to 5.7 like my nutes before spraying ????

Latest posts

Latest posts