What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fly Me To The Moon (Bodhi Only 4k) Apollo 11, Cougar Milk, Love Dawg, Dank Blood

Eudaemon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Strains:

27 Godhead x Dank Sinatra
20 Dragons Blood Hashplant x Dank Sinatra
9 Apollo 11
8 Jade Dragon
11 Cougars Milk
7 Love Dawg

Plant count should be around 40-60 when culling and sexing is complete.

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

The setup is as follows:

Light: 4k MH/HPS and T5 combo, mixed spectrum, on 30 amp, 240v circuit managed with EzBox lightbox

Grow Type: Ebb and Flow Hydroponic

Medium: Expanded Clay Pebble beds, no netpots.

Ventilation: Vortex VTX1200 12inch exit fan and 6 inch fan for forced induction

Nutrients: GH Hydro Series with Silica and Cal Mag supplementation and occasionaly Liquid Karma

Tray/Reservoir Size: 2x 70 Gallon Reservoirs, 1x 20 Gallon Reservoir. 1x 3x6 tray, 1x 4x4 tray and 2x 3x3 trays, for a total of 52 square growing feet and 160 gallons of water.

I am doing a test with a concept I call a 'light box.' I've been impressed with vertical growing (lawlrus, thats for you), and wanted to try a hybridized grow setup. I utilize an overhead T5, a side mounted T5, wall mounted T5s behind the tray, and a 250 watt HPS mounted to the opposite side. This produces a total of 5 sides of light. I am curious to see what happens with this. Apollo 11 will be grown in this 3x6 light box.

Last edited:

Eudaemon

Week 0 -- Luctor et Emergo

Week 0 -- Luctor et Emergo

As week 0 begins, an Apollo 11 emerges from the brush, cautiously:

picture.php

What will fate bring for plant #18? Will you root for plant #18, or hope for her/his early culling? Cast your votes now!

Edit!! That plant was a male and was culled. I was exceptionally excited for it, but its dead.

Last edited:

Eudaemon

The light box utilizes 4 light surfaces from 4 disparate directions. It is designed to test the efficiency of T5s when light comes from multiple angles for better penetration. We'll see

picture.php

Last edited:

kalikush

I'm looking forward to see what kind of Apollo 11 phenos you end up with, I've got a pack that I can't wait to pop also!

Eudaemon

Huge Update. I need to redo this entire journal. I will update the first post

Huge Update. I need to redo this entire journal. I will update the first post

I am climbing out of the deepest depression I have ever experienced. It's been tough, but I am crawling out just in time, because I am completely overwhelmed with this grow. I thought this would be a piece of cake after my first run, but I don't even know what my plant count is right now. I thought I'd have already sexed and culled by now, but I am not seeing gender; I think my insane topping really slowed my vegetation time. When should I cull by? Why am I not seeing decent presex organs? Ahhh!

picture.php

The topping. I got really excited and overzealous with topping. I topped most plants to have 8 main colas. I went full bonsai style on these plants in the first couple weeks. It's kind of paid off, but I am not sure how I am going to manage this canopy. I just see a massive sea of green.

picture.php

The vigor. I don't know how to mitigate the differnce in vigor between my F1 DBHP X Dank Sinatra and Godhead x Dank Sinatra and the seeds I purchased. I have a dozen or two of each F1 Hybrid in trays. They are growing like trees and begining to envelope the entire canopy. What does this mean? It makes the Legend OG x Snow Dragon look pretty sad :-/

picture.php

I am having problems with the tray overflowing in my light box. Luckily, the floor is concrect and has appropriate drainage, but it is getting annoying. Physically, this should not be a problem Its a 520 or 370 GPH pump on the lowest setting. All 3/4 inch. In retrospect, in a tray this large, I would have two opposing drains.

picture.php

The Apollos are getting kind of beat up because of the tray overflow. A lot of fan leaves are getting nutrient burn from submersion. More delays in veg.

I am running the plants really hot, around 1400-1600ppm, and its burning some plants a bit, and I've had to cull several plants that couldn't make the cut. I give every plant a fighting chance, but I think some just lock out completely. Even in SoCal summer heat, with no AC in the building, I have managed to control temp and humidity; it just takes massive amount of flow.

picture.php

I have just under 100 plants, about 20% sexed. I am not sure what to do next, honestly. The size and scope of this grow is quite bit larger that my first. I was trained to enjoy the bumpy road of an overwhelmed and overwraught life. But, with that said, how do I direct this grow diary? What does anyone want to see or know? I way overposted on the first grow diary, but I have underposted on this one.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Bruh

A1fIdknVw2L._SL1500_-1.jpg

In all seriousness though, sorry to hear about your depression but it sounds like you're on the up and out? I hope so. Been there, done that and it sucks. I wish you all the best on staying happy and occupied. For future reference I would never plant that many seeds that close together, especially when you know that you will be having to sex them, pull plants, and cull accordingly.

At this point you will have to really go through them with a magnifying glass and some decent light so you can see what's going on. With the amount of elapsed time and the size of those plants some of them have to at least have started showing preflowers. Be diligent and methodical and start culling the ones you don't want as it will only get harder to deal with as time goes on.

:yes:

Eudaemon

I know!!! As soon as they started to grow, I realized this was a clone only kind of setup. It might work with seeds, but the margin of error and effort involved are quite stressful. I don't know why, but clone growing seems less rewarding to me--not as much of a surprise, but I love the high efficiency SOG growing style.

I am very much on the up. I have a macro lens for sexing, so I can go through photographs, and then I mark the confirmed females with a red tape, but I will go back to a 'confirmed' female, and I don't have the same confidence I did when I put the tape on it. This is an edge of your seat kind of grow.

I just fixed the overflowing tray by using a smaller pump.

If I pull this off well, it could be pretty cool

Eudaemon

I just finished the trimming and got a final plant count. There are 82 plants:

27 Godhead x Dank Sinatra
20 Dragons Blood Hashplant x Dank Sinatra
9 Apollo 11
8 Jade Dragon
11 Cougars Milk
7 Love Dawg

Culling isn't complete yet. That number should be closer to 40-60, once sexing and culling is finished.

Eudaemon

Okay, so things are starting to happen! I am at week 3 of flower! Things are really coming together.

Here are the Dank Sinatra crosses, which look INSANE. The yield, the frost, and the vigor are amazing for all the crosses!
picture.php

The Apollo 11 and Love Dawg dog are doing well, but the buds are a bit larfier than the Dank Sinatra crosses.
picture.php

I had to cull all the Cougar's Milk (Lack of Vigor and Males, and ended up with only 3 Jade Dragon's)

Eudaemon

Thanks for the update. How are the smells on the Dank Sinatras right now?

Amazingly diverse! About a quarter smell like pepper from the Dragon's Blood Hashplant, about a quarter smell like grape, another quarter smell like a melange of fruit and dankness, and another quarter smell like the coffee/chocolate of dank sinatra. It's really wild. I've never smelled such a menagerie of odors--its really all over the place, and most smell like some sort of fruit or candy. I don't like the peppery smell of the DBHP dominant plants, though; I find it kind of off putting.

Eudaemon

So, yeah, I did an early larf trim test, and I am hanging it up after this. This is perfect and more weed than I'll need. This part of my journey is over and its been great. I will see this harvest through and continue this grow journal.

I've been smoking for over a year now and I've never smoked anything like this. The Godhead x Dank Sinatra and Dragon's Blood Hashplant x Dank Sinatra is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced The Apollo is wonderful, too, but it feels pretty pedestrian in comparison.

I've never experienced such a narcotic, dreamy high, and the flavor is grossly rich and sweet--corrupted by sin, almost. I've still got 150+ seeds left, and I'll hold them close. I'll keep this updated and post detailed pictures, reviews, and info, but I don't plan on doing any more runs myself again. Maybe in another state at another time. It's been good, Cali :)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Good to hear everything worked out for you. I know it would be impossible for me to hang up the hat and move on. Good luck what that.

Smoking cannabis isn't addictive but growing it is

Eudaemon

It's been an amazing week. The Bodhi polyhybrid crosses are absolutely phenomenal. Here are three Godhead x Dank Sinatra Phenotypes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here is a Dragon's Blood Hashplant x Dank Sinatra Phenotype
picture.php

rossta18

How did they finish up. Very interested in the dragons blood hashplant x dank sinatra. Any dragons blood red traits?