What's new

Flushing. Do you have to dump water from rez?

This sort of goes along with my other question.

I have been flushing for 8 days, but my plants have overgrown my rez and I can't dump the water completely the way I did with previous grows.

When I had smaller, lighter plants I would just lift the rewz out of the grow cabinet and then pull the pots out of the rez, dump the rez, whipe down, and water. But the plants are so big that I can't take them out of the cabinet or they will get all fucked up.

I tried syphoning off the water but got nutes in my mouth a few times so I gave up on that. So I have just been adding fresh water every day. PPMs range from 100-150.

I hope my bud wont taste like chems.

G

cant just use your pump ? pump it out :p

and I do try to change water during flush.... I notice after about the third or fourth change, the water isnt "cloudy" anymore....

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
If you can not get all the water out though....I don't think it will make too much of a difference. You are adding like 90% new water so it should dilute it enough.
I usually will run water through for the first 24 hours then change it. Let that run a few days and then change it again. You do not want to flush them with the same old salt build up water throughout the entire flush.

I use a cheapo bubbler system...I don't know how to pump the water out.

I hope this turns out OK. I've just been refilling the rez with fresh water for the past 7 days. It is more like a dillusion than a flush then. Although like I said, the PPMs are less than 150 so I guess most of the actual salts are out of the solution.

O.K. I just checked the cabinet...I hope that everything is fine flushwise because these babies are really ready to go. I was planning on pulling the plug tonight, giving them 36 hours in the dark and cutting their heads on Saturday.

barnett

Get a 10 dollar syphon from the local pet store.. They work great for draining water from stuff like that.

BenitoCereno said:
I tried syphoning off the water but got nutes in my mouth a few times so I gave up on that. So I have just been adding fresh water every day. PPMs range from 100-150.

I didn't quote myself to be bitchy or anything :tongue:

I think I'm going to do that again tonight but I'm not happy about it.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
hey BenitoCereno....... You should not have any problems with the PPM being around 100-150. My water out of the tap is 200 PPM. Go along with your scheduled chopping and you should be fine!! :canabis:

G

The other thing is that some nutrient value's are stored in the plant and this is why there is a hang time after chopping the plant.

I like at least 7 day's hang time, it can be in an open room, plant's hung in a cardboard box, or even on the shower curtain rod work's, but this is the time I feel alot of stored nutrient's leave the plant as it dry's out.

I do not think your method will deliver a bad product, not at all. I would get a hand granking siphon gadget from the auto store, or do what I did and put a peacock valve in the bottom of the tub so you can drain it.

Small pump's do make the job go faster. I would put the pump with a power head assembly on it in the res to keep water circulated, when time to drain pull off the power head and put the hose on it and off you go.

I tried cleareX product last time, did not care for how it worked with the plant's.

We will all be waiting to hear how you feel it all turned out for you.

grow safe.

realhigh.

badmf

I use Clearex all the time and find it works fine, esp. during cycle changes it re-invigorate the growth, I do it a couple weeks before the end and replace the nutes I took out for the flush, then a week before drop nutes to 150-200 til they're done. Flushing is a greatly debated subject, I find that the plant undergoing some stress similar to an outdoor environment is good and increases potency w/o sacrificing yeild.

Thanks for all the input guys, I pulled the plug on the hps this morning and I'm going to give them 36 in the dark then 12 of light and chop on Sunday. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

G

I hope all works our well for you and the bud's, I am sure it will just be fine as you have given the plant's enough day's to use up storred nutrient level's in the plant.

Now go down to local auto store, buy the hand crank syphon hose, works fine for the bucket's like a small pump does, but I found it easier to use the hand crank over the pump and the hassel of getting it in and out of the bucket's. Slide down the hose into water and crank away.

grow safe.

realhigh.

Latest posts

Latest posts