What's new

flush foxfarm before use?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
So what do you guys consider to be the best ready to use soil?
That depends on what part of the country you live in. Unfortunately many of the really solid potting soil mixes are fairly regional in their distribution.

Mixing your own potting soils is still the best way to go, IMHO

YMMV

CC

NUG-JUG

Mix your own! It's cheap and fun! It's like playing in dirt as a little kid while adding ammendments. At worst buy a good local mix like CC says. Just don't support Faux Farm. Don't throw it out though. Like Zendo said, just use it, then add the used FF to your new mix next time.

:tiphat:

Stoned Crow

tip staff

You'll note that on the front of the bag it states Ready To Use so that if on the back of the bag it's telling the customer to 'flush several times' then there's obviously a huge disconnect from the marketing side of things (the front label) vs. what it really takes (the actual directions).

CC

product_PLANTINGMIX.jpg

Kind of like cigs, they'll market and sell them to you, show you how cool you'll look when you're smoking them, but in the end, on the packaging they have to tell you you'll get ass-cancer if you play with them, and you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.....SC........:party:

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
HEY FOLKS, JUST FIGURED OUT THAT THERE IS A PH CHANGE FROM WHEN YOU FIRST USE IT UNRINSED COMPARED TO RUNNIN SOME WATER THROUGH IT LET SIT 24 HRS . PERSONALLY I CAN MAKE ANY SOIL WORK JUST KEEP THE PH 6-6.5, I WANT TO TRY A COCO MEDIUM, MYSELF

D

danimarie193

i have to say that i have been very unhappy with ffof over the past 4 or 5 months.

johnnybhang

My main complaint with the fox farms ocean forest is the tremendous gnat populations it harbors. Its always stellar in veg, no nutes needed. It never seems to produce the big buds though, perhaps too compact/water retention.

Latest posts

Latest posts