What's new

Flowers around the yard, or where ever you find them!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are some flowers that grow in our yard, we have a bunch of rose's and other flowers that grow on their own or we plant....here are a few :D

grape vines...

Shasta Daisies

This was so much fun.... I just grabbed the camera and headed out to the yard. We have only lived here a short period of time so these are all wild flowers or wierd pod lookin thingies off the bushes. Oh and yea.. I found a plant Dr. Bud was supposedly trying to surprise me with out behind the chicken house. I will be askin him about that later. Not that he's in trouble :spank: just not used to seeing them outside. :joint:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL mrs.GG....did you show him the pics you took, "oh and by the way, I took a pic of this little weed, know anything about it???" LOL

diggity

Wish I could contribute more, here are a few random shots .. shot with 3.5 megapixel digital camera, so not a great 1, still works though :headbange

-- garden at home, surrounding we have blueberries, tomatoes, squash, catnip for the cats :muahaha: , taters, spinach, whole bunch of strawberries and few more.. plants rule

-- hiking at Upper Klamath Lake :joint:

-- Mendocino coast

:wave:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics of the coast digg!!....I love that area, sooo pretty!....great stealth plant in that one shot :D

A

annaC Seeds

Beautiful Photos Everyone.

Hello Mrs.Babba:wave::wink:..these first pics I am dedicating to you for starting this thread. I love mother nature and we all need to take the time to "stop and smell the roses" and not just use it in a coined phrase. It sure does keep me humbled to stop and see the beauty all around us.

here are a few shots of my Princess Di Roses. They start off a white/light yellow/pink and then turn mostly pink. The process takes about a week after the first bloom appears.
21793dirose2.jpg

21793dirose2b.jpg

21793dirose2a.jpg

21793dirose3.jpg

little spidey hanging with the Princess
21793dirose1a.jpg

a few shots at the butterfly museum.
21793flowerbutter1.jpg

kinda sad isn't it....it's like it knows
21793butterfliesfree.jpg

21793butterfliesfree2.jpg

I guess not all butterflies are cut out to be happy campers.....I think I was catching a little attitude from this wild child...well excuse me butterfly:wink:
21793butterfliesfree3.jpg

21793butterfliesfree4.jpg

A drive to the country in the Spring is always a beautiful eye opener.
BlueBonnets
21793bluebonnets2.jpg

Hello my little buttercup & Red blankets & assorted background colors
21793redblankets.jpg

I just couldn't leave without just a little extra comedy relief so ya gotta meet Shorty...the nilla wafer eating Donkey......We call him shorty not because...he's short.....but because......he's a little short on brains:bigeye:
and he a he..a.....he...a ...he awe ....does love Nilla Wafers
21793shorty11.jpg

love to all.
annaC

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
such great photos buck!!!..wow, those roses are sooo pretty, I love the smell of a good rose, nothing like it!...and those butterflies!! oh my, such delicate beauty!!...and that one is looking right at you it seems lol thanks so much for the great shots :)

justin, those are beautiful tiger lillies!! lovely

MrFista

Veteran
Now I want a camera.

Can I have a report on the catmint. How much of it do cats consume, is it hard to propogate in their presense - I have a cat, but 3 more have adopted me as well so chances are they'll find it and use it - should I hide it and establish to ....... size?

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Bringing the camera AND the dogs makes me look so much more legit...

And come cover...It is incredible @ the 1 spot, new overpowering floral smells every time I go.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
High Mrs.Babba :wave: Lots of amazing photos posted in this thread I thought I'd add a couple of flowers that had caught my eye while I was out in the garden

A Water Lilly from my pond

And one of my favourite flowers, the crazy passion fruit

MrFista said:
Can I have a report on the catmint. How much of it do cats consume, is it hard to propogate in their presense - I have a cat, but 3 more have adopted me as well so chances are they'll find it and use it - should I hide it and establish to ....... size?

If it's a really small plant and your cat can get at it, it will probably tear it apart. You should probably cover it with wire or netting until it has established itself in the ground, once it has got to a decent size it will be virtually impossible for them to kill. They can lay in it and chew on it all day and it will still come back next year :smile:

Grow on :smoke:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Grass!!!...what a beautiful water lilly!, I love those...I have a lilly as my wallpaper :) thanks for sharing those.

highclass....my oh my what pretty flowers, are they a type of lilly too?
awesome!!

blackbird

Hey everyone...all the roses, orchids, lilies, daises, and others look great. Here is my contribution.

a purple African Daisy
IMG_2309.jpg

one of my stellar Kneehigh Cornflowers aka. Florence Buttons
IMG_2337.jpg

a close up
IMG_2338.jpg

an orange African Daisy
IMG_2345.jpg

not sure what this is but it sure is happy
IMG_2264.jpg

more of the orange African
IMG_2346.jpg

and last but not least some Satvia
IMG_2219.jpg

sorry for the big pictures...not sure how to post pics with ICmag. I'm new round these parts. Much love to all the gardeners out there :respect:

R

Relik

Beautiful pics from everyone!

I was fortunate enough to live in a nice house with a wonderful garden for many years, where I could grow tons of different plants all year round thanks to the tropical weather, sadly I am now living in an appartment but trying to have a colorful balcony!

This rose was gifted to me as a cutting by a friend, it smells real sweet, doesn't smell like "regular" roses, there's something citrus-like in it! You could make a perfume just with this one! :D

This is what we call a "paradise bird" down here, unfortunately the pic was taken a couple days too late, the flower pictured is already starting to die, but I find it very nice nontheless.

Cheers everyone!

Latest posts

Latest posts