What's new

Flowering times provided by Breeders

When Breeders provide flowering times for their strains, are they talking about say 10 weeks from 12/12 switch or 10 weeks from first sign of female flowers?

Thanks

PS: I know the best way to determine harvest dates is with the trichomes, which is what I do

oldgrayhair

I'd always been under the impression, since their yields are normally dependent on SOG conditions, that the flower times they "predict" are from a rooted clone ready to go into 12/12.

Peace - OGH

oldgrayhair said:
I'd always been under the impression, since their yields are normally dependent on SOG conditions, that the flower times they "predict" are from a rooted clone ready to go into 12/12.

Peace - OGH

See thats what I thought but the post above me is saying that the count starts with the first onset of female flowers

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i allways start counting when i flip weather it's a clone or plant from seed, the amount of days a breeder suggests for thier strain to finish. this would be under perfect ideal conditations and dialed in operation, unless your familuar with the strain only way to know 100% when to harvest is to check the trichromes for maturity. also some phenos of a strain may take longer then the breeder suggests most indica hybrids finish between 8-10 wks. sativa dom strains can flower much much longer i had 1 run 4 months 120 days.

i have a few strains i can chop 48-50 days and they knock ya on your but :muahaha: if i run them 60 days they get little stronger but the high last way longer instead of 1.5-2 hrs when run full time high lasts 3-4 hrs is about the only differance i've noticed !!

Last edited:
Maj.PotHead said:
i allways start counting when i flip weather it's a clone or plant from seed, the amount of days a breeder suggests for thier strain to finish. this would be under perfect ideal conditations and dialed in operation, unless your familuar with the strain only way to know 100% when to harvest is to check the trichromes for maturity. also some phenos of a strain may take longer then the breeder suggests most indica hybrids finish between 8-10 wks. sativa dom strains can flower much much longer i had 1 run 4 months 120 days.

I understand that....im just asking in general, the flowering times breeders provide start from which start

Flip to 12/12 or first sign of female flowers

G

guest123

overmind1632 said:
When Breeders provide flowering times for their strains, are they talking about say 10 weeks from 12/12 switch or 10 weeks from first sign of female flowers?

Thanks

PS: I know the best way to determine harvest dates is with the trichomes, which is what I do
it would only be accurate if they did the same as everyone else , from the day they switch the hours to 12/12 ... and no ,, they wouldnt typically test a clone , they would test the seeds they have produced ...
i believe breeders try to give u accuracy from a "perfect" point of view ,,, in perfect conditions , or close too ,, this seed will perform in this manner ...
remember there is a 2 week window of opportunity to harvest ,,