What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flower to Rosin to cart problem

windtrader2

UPDATE
After a lot of experiments and trails, I now get DIY rosin extracted from flower to flow through vape carts.

Key to the process is using dry ice or some other very cold material to cool the flower, ISO or ETH, and equipment/filters. Winterizing is the key as it removes the cart clogging elements such as fats, lipids, and waxes.

Currently, SOP has two steps, first wash extraction and then winterizing. Going to experiment to learn if initial wash with super cold material may reduce need for separate winterizing step.

"quick" is not all that relevant when all steps conducted at super cold temps. I ran many trials varying from 10 second to 5 minute washes. Very LITTLE visual difference telling me that the dry ice temps really block chlorophyll from bleeding from the flower.

Additional washes do extract significant material; three good washes gets the bulk of the material extracted.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
it is so much simpler than any of that.

twisted extracts.
never met the guy but worth checking out. Puts undiluted rosin and bho into pen carts. No PG, VG or dab mix although in his process you can add back terp sauce if desired.
I was going through all the trouble of a distillate process but I think the BHO and rosin carts taste way better without needing to add terp sauce.
a buddy sent me a link to his methods and have been making my carts like that ever since. small time mind you.

picture.php

ive smoked both of these vrey nice flavors an potent as hell , an like mr underhill said its farley easy to make.

Latest posts

Latest posts