What's new

flouresent light

bchashman

a good friend of mine uses these crazy flouresent lights. they are on a 2 feet by 4 feet rack. there are 12 tubes per light rack. when he flowers he puts in two different uv bulbs and leeps the rest the same? he has great results. he keeps the lights about four inches from the plants at all times. there is no heat and they hardly use any power. has anyone else used this method? how were the results? is it worth it?

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
SunCell looks pertty good too.
They Bulbs work with a Magnetic Type Ballest the bulbs cycle much faster than with regular floro's, Supposedly the plants don't like the 60hz ( ? ) Cycle of normal floros but the faster cycle of the Mag is too high for the plant to notice.

There are other floro set ups. But Sun Cell is the only one I know of with this type of Magnetic Floro.

Floros work, might take a bit longer is all.
They are comming out with some Kick Ass CFLs 250 - 275 watts. As soon as they reach 400 watts look out HPS.

bchashman

the sun cell is ultra quite my frien runs four of them two stacks of two. and you can hardly here anything. they look like fileing cabnets. no smell either. adding co2 is easy as hell. is this new techology?

G

I guess its kind of new, but they also cost alot. $2,500+ for 1 unit..ouch. I could build something that looks better and works as well for alot cheaper.

I have seen the video on www.pottv.com...look under the growshow and episode #10 "The suncell growbox"

bchashman

i agree

i agree

yeah they do cost alot and the light would work well if there was no box i would think! no heat is cool!

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Ah sooo

Ah sooo

Sharp_Pain said:
Those ballast you are speaking of are actually electronic ballast. Magnetic ballast give the hum and the light flicker.

These floro's are overdriven to create 1.7 times the light with little heat ! here is a link showing how to overdrive floros
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lights/msg111229472000.html

That suncell box is supposed to be 100% Silent too!

I got it back asswards per normal

Thanks

Sin