What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical

I have seen photos of Mango growing in Canada. I have also seen it advertised in seed banks. I don't know anything else about it and have not heard anybody in Florida ever mention it other than you. What exactly do you like about it?

The two well known Florida strains are Gainesville Green and Kryptonite. I have never had an opportunity to try either one, but I am very curious.

Kc Brains has strain named mango and he's been around forever so it could originate there.

I've never heard of it personally or smoked any that i know of.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Hummmmm?? maybe i'm crazy :) I should of also mentioned that I surf and the majority of the ppl that knew waht it was where surfers ( dont' know if that makes a diff.) Thats just what its called though, it probably not even called mango.

Tropical: I have got to try the Gainesville Green adn it is some fire wish I could get some seeds. The "mango" has a very mangoy/papayay taste with a mix of citrus under tones And ever time I smoke it theres no "ceiling high" meaning you can smoke and smoke and get higher an higher. The high is more body then head a good "nightime strain" makes you pass out after a good session.

Johnny Rotten: Ya thats a possiablity, but I don't think it is. My guess is that it is a nortern lights cross just a guess though

Mr.Zigzagman

Another Florida homeboy checkin in. Mango was popular a couple of years back. I had a version crossed with BC skunk, very smelly. Everybody switched over to the White strains because of the yields. Here are some of my current efforts. Peace

Attachments

• P1010247-1.jpg
    P1010247-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010235-2.jpg
    P1010235-2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010238-1.jpg
    P1010238-1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20

toasted1

i do papaya and i know when it leaves my hands they call it mango but i dont put that much out juz a couple of zips but i have given clones 2 people from lauderdale to orlando and i have seen other mango it was a lil dif from my papaya not much but its very popular in that area thats why people call my papaya mango i think the other is kc mines nirvana very little differance

:pimp3:

Spicoli

Veteran
Nah thats not it toasted1 but it looks like some fuego. Ya wish I could find out what the actual strain was .

What indicas have ya'll had success with? i'm looking for one that is a pain killer and is MOLD PROOF...been looking at Maple Leaf Indica.

I want to find a relatively stable line to pick a dad from. I want it to bring pain killing and lower the height and flower time. I'm most likely gonna cross it with SSH. Looking for a haze dom that is TOUGH.

Any suggestions?

Spicoli

Veteran
I have had really good sucesss with C99 (GN03 collection) both the sativa and indica pheno. The indica pheno would be a good cross, I has short flower time, supereme taste and is pretty good down here and doesn't seem to get to affected by mold. I've tried bubblegum from serious but had mad mold problems. Pure Power Plant is a good one too has a good mold resistance from my expirence, Just my 2 cents

C99 would be a good one but the availability is limited and it is a bit on the sativa side for my needs. The stature is a bit off as well... How was the high on the indica pheno?

I've been looking at Sensi's outdoor mix. It's early pearl, early girl, guerrilla gold, and some others. Ya get 40 seeds...it seems like something I'd be interested in except if i find something decent, i have no clue what line it came from if i wanted to get more to find something better.

Spicoli

Veteran
The high was very body, but had some head in it (Like a floaty high). Ya I hear what you mean on the avaibility, ( I can't find any pure c99). ya the outdoor mix might be a good idea, but like you said you don't know what you got. Try using whit widow or one of it's crosses its a very heavy indica.

G

Guest 18340

Right on toasted1, when i lived in O-town their was alot of that "mango" going around. Smelled just like ripe mangos! Can't seem to find any here in the space coast though.
Anyway, wanted to post a shots of my outdoors mango/widow (shanti).
I have 6 going, 1 of them is in coco, the other 5 in Walmart dirt.
@ of them are very indica dom, the rest are clearly sativa dom.
The indica have a mango/hashy smell, the sativas have a mango/cat piss smell. Very nice.

Attachments

• 101_3212.jpg
    101_3212.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 101_3213.jpg
    101_3213.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 101_3216.jpg
    101_3216.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 101_3219.jpg
    101_3219.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 13
G

Guest 18340

Apparently i can only post 4 pics at a time?
Anyway, this is the cola from the sativa thats in coco (yes, i keep here outside, just have to give her a gallon of h2o evry day).
All the plants stay outdoors, i brought them in my patio to get a clearer shot.

Attachments

• 101_3220.jpg
    101_3220.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 101_3221.jpg
    101_3221.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15
Lookin good Evl. I was jogging my memory about the mango and you confirmed it! Wouldn't mind trying it.

How's the Miracle Grow going? Are you still using it? I think i can see what your using it on and whats getting the GH.

I like the looks of the mango widow. Seems you got a really heavy indica there. WTF? Never woulda guessed. Did you save any males or did they get the axe?

G

Guest 18340

What up Johnny!
I've actually been using miracle grow and GH. Since 5 of them are in soil, whenever i have to water those 5 i mix up enough h20 & MG to hit the one in coco as well. So the one in coco gets GH everytime except on the day the soil ones get fed.
I axed all the males, no room, you know my set-up.
I got clones of all of them so, uh, let me know when you wanna meet in the lot:wink:

G

Guest 18340

Hey fellow Floridians, can anybody tell me when our "flowering" window is gonna close? I'm thinking by the end of March?

G

Guest 18340

Right on bro. Figured as much but wanted to make sure, dont wanna lose my prized Mango/widows!

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya, hear you on that. You could even push into late april early may if you had to. But later then that you might have some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.