What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowstrees

Just coming around for a visit to pay respect to FL my home state. Big credit goes to all the growers down there still doing there thing as harsh as the laws are. I moved on to do the medical thing elsewhere, but love and think of FL herb often.

I hope the strains that remind me of home are still around...The Black...and the Catpiss Haze down in Miami. I was just there recently and the herb scene seems to have taken a pretty big hit as far as quality. I know when I go back to visit in a few weeks...I'm gonna have to send something ahead of me haha :)

Just a big stoned hello FL! Hope all is doing well! Stay good Sunshine farmers!

Meaty

Damn toasted that sucks! Just look at it this way, for every plant lost there will be 2 beauties to take her place.

G

Guest 18340

well i havent been out to the girls in 3 days and i go to top off the rez and am devistated my 39 day old c99 is pretty much dead :mad: looks like she drowned from over watern shes still green but all her leaves are limp and startn to roll the coco is saturated so i know it wasnt lack of water i think since its been cool the last 3 days she didnt drink everytime fed :wallbash: got another 1 on the same dripsystem thats 2 weeks into flower thats fine tho so i dont know wtf
i dont think i can get her to recover i took her off the feed line to try and dry out but i think shes past the point of no return :cry: kinda thinkn bout tryn and air pump with the hoses pushed deep into the coco :dunno:

stay safe
:smokey:

Now how did that happen? A plant that big should have had a well established root ball and packed into that pot really good. Did your drain holes clog or something? That a big loss man, that fucker would'a yield nicely:ying:

toasted1

thanx for the kind words every1 :comfort:

evil :good: uz a smart1 :D i couldnt figure out how it woulda been overwaterd and the younger1 not till today when and took a good look and saw somethin weird looked like dirt/mud caked on the trunk so i broke it off to c wtf it was and what looked like termites where crawln all over the stem and ate away the outer layer of stalk and had tunneld into the stalk towards the roots so she has been dyn slowly gettn ate from the inside :mad: so i dont think it was overwatern anymore :biggrin: i now notice on my last pic of her posted her leaves where already startn to drupe 5 days ago but i thought it was because it was cloudy :wallbash:
picture.php

day40
picture.php

couldnt get a focused nug shot for some reason :dunno:
picture.php

:fsu:
im now goin to be checkn EVERYTHING on the plants every day for now on :watchplant:

heres the other c99 on the same feed line 2 weeks into flower
picture.php

and the ecsd day 1 flowern next 2 a 4' latter for size and the pot shes goin in when my coco blocks get here :biggrin:
picture.php

stay safe
:smokey:

Green lung

Veteran
I wonder if you put some sealent around that wound it might be salvageable?

I don't know it might be worth a try though.

I have seen similar damage from mice or rats in other outdoor threads

use

Hey what's up Floridians. I grew up in Miami, and moved out of state last May. A friend of mine sent me an article that made the cover of New Times this morning, I thought I should share it here. It would be crazy to see Fl go from the state with the harshest laws against marijuana become decriminalized one day. Wish I could pick up a hard copy, he sent me a cellphone pic of a giant cola nug on the cover.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-10-07/news/legalize-marijuana-in-florida/

G

Guest 18340

Termites? Of all fucking things!!!
I try to inspect my outdoor coco grows as much as possible, bugs LOVE coco.
Maybe some kind of top dressing?
At least you figured out what happened...

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Termites....... This plant we enjoy have so many enemies. Always a battle for their life.:dueling: mankind and critter kind. A friend has grown some of these Mosca seeds and so far looking great. At first there was no smell coming from them. How things have changed they are blasting with very nice sweet aromas. Two Pineapple phenos smells like fresh cut juice dripping Pineapples. One Grapefruit pheno still sweet smelling. A few Fruit Punch phenos straight Hawaiian fruit punch or similar to Jungle Juice for the old schoolers. Also a Indica leaning pheno that has a Skunky type smell. The key now is see what he can turn off her as far a yeild. Better luck for ya next time. Keep it rolling Toast

G

Guest 88950

Toasted, sorry to here about the C-99. try and get some Diatomaceous Earth and spread it on the ground around your buckets and cover the top of the coco too.

be generous with it. maybe make up a spray consisting of really hot peppers and spray it on the ground also.

i saw some interesting remedies for pests and critters in the outdoor thread.

maybe put a second drain hole a few inches from the bottom in case it gets plugged up again.

good luck

GrammPurwatt, i dry by feel. i trim all the fans off and loosely trim the leaves before i hang the buds in a cardboard box. once the buds are crispy dry on the outside and still squishy i trim the rest of the sugar leaves off and then i cut all the buds off the stem and put it in a jar. once in the jar the moisture in the center of the bud leaches to the outside of the buds so once a day ill open the jar and move the buds around and leave it open until the buds start to dry again. i do this once a day for 10-14 days then open it once a month until there is no change in the bud.

dont pack your buds in the jar too tight and not open them b/c mold could start to grow, not good.

any thats my method but i seem to smoke all my bud before they get any cure.

Tommy

Termites are easy, just water in some boric acid, couple a tbls per gallon and the termites will be history in that location for 10-15 years. The extra boron is a boost to the plant to boot. You can get it at most box stores in powder form and if not locate some "Roach Proof", same thing just tinted blue.

Natures Insecticide:
Boric Acid is the "secret ingredient" in so many commercial treatments for insect control. Boric acid (100%) powder is odorless and nonstaining. Kills roaches,termites, fireants, palmetto bugs,ticks,bedbugs, fleas, boxelder bugs, carpet beetles, centipedes, crickets, earwigs, grasshoppers,millipedes, scorpions, slugs water bugs,and many many more creepy crawly insects.

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/boric_acid.html

Milonix420

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about growing again, but last time I did, I did an indoor cfl grow and it didn't turn out so good. So, since I need to do an indoor stealth grow ( hiding it from my kids only ), what other options do I have on lighting in a stealth grow. I made an R2D2 grow box from redgreenry's thread. I just want to grow as much as I can in a small spot without my kids knowning, and that brings me to my last question with the R2D2 grow box my kids have seen it and are asking questions about it etc. I dont need them to be telling anyone lol, so what other good ways can I setup a grow box and not having my kids see it?

G

Guest 88950

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about growing again, but last time I did, I did an indoor cfl grow and it didn't turn out so good. So, since I need to do an indoor stealth grow ( hiding it from my kids only ), what other options do I have on lighting in a stealth grow. I made an R2D2 grow box from redgreenry's thread. I just want to grow as much as I can in a small spot without my kids knowning, and that brings me to my last question with the R2D2 grow box my kids have seen it and are asking questions about it etc. I dont need them to be telling anyone lol, so what other good ways can I setup a grow box and not having my kids see it?

check out the thread on pl-l lights, TILT & ANTI have good results using them.

Anti & Superpedro have stealth cabinets that you could build.

good luck

G

Graham Purwatt

good morning fla.thanks ssh.g,i have that same indica skunky pheno of mosca's c99,ran a small tester and it was super fire,about to run her in a bigger bucket to see how she yeilds.i also have a hazey looking hawaiian punch pheno and the pineapple.1 has to go,just can't decide but so far that skunky bastard is looking like a keeper

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool sounds like every pack is quite consistent. Seems everyone seems to dig a different particular pheno in the pack. Time will tell which pheno is going to stick around. Im going to compare some Reef C-99 hybrids to see if any way they will be similar to Mosca BX to see how dominate the Reef C-99 is.

Green lung

Veteran
Hey ya'll finally made the switch to Coco from a few years in soil and boy am I happy will the results so far

This PW using the Evleme K.I.S.S method

coco
tap water
maxibloom
ph to 5.8-6.0
hand water every few days.
number 2 pots with saucers....no drippers or drain to waste just pots and saucers.

Cant really get any simpler than that and the plants look perfect.

soil I would always have problems leaves dying, root rot, yellowing ect. everything I tried i couldn't get them perfect, But man with this coco its so easy.

these are about 2-3 weeks flowering (i don't keep track) and a soil grown nug.

Thanks Evleme for giving me the confidence to make the switch and the nute regime.:tiphat:

Attachments

• DSCF1635.JPG
    DSCF1635.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1643.JPG
    DSCF1643.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Image001.JPG
    Image001.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 15
G

Guest 88950

Green Lung

i just picked up the powder cool bloom for finishing, 1/2 tsp per gal for 5 days before the flush.

defenitly simple and Thanks Evl :canabis:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts