What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagniKhan

Veteran
magnikhan u might want to try to rehydrate some of your ww with a very small piece of lettuce.
Thanks oldlurker

I don't think that it is to dry at all. With a little over a week in the jars I should not have stopped opening them. I should have been letting them stay open for about 10-15mins for about two weeks or so. Lesson Learned!

Next time I'll hang for a few days to a week, then in to paper bags for a week or so, then in to jars. I did no put them in to paper, if I had I wouldn't have had to burp so much. ( ? )

I'm just coming up on my first year of growing and some of these lessons are hard ones. Months of work can be fucked up in days if not hours ( hell even mins to seconds for that matter). My batches are getting better, plants are healthier and I'm getting my system down better everyday.

Well as far as the batch in the jars, I let them sit all night with the lids open. About an hour ago I put the lids back on and I just check one ......it seems to smell a little better. I think I'll check/burp them again tonight.

Relentless

Veteran
i let dry until big stems break.. usually about a week, some strains more, some less.. then put in jars.. burp once a day for about 20 min for the first week.. 2nd week i burp every couple days.. then once a week thereafter..

G

Guest 18340

Speaking of cure.......

I pulled some White Widow on the 9th and let it air dry for a week, then loosely jarred it and opened it everyday. So for week it was opened and it smelled great, sweat like grape jam with a daily building of a pleasant skunky smell in the background.
I thought the smell and flavor would build more if I stopped opening as often, so I let them sit for two days,...big mistake.

The new smell is something like old dried lawn clippings with a faint smell of sweat grape. Some smell better then others. Now when I break the bud open, then the nice smell is there. Also taste good in a joint.

So I've opened the jars, I guess I'll let them air out for a few.......

Have I humped the bunk, or will the flavor mostly come back?
I've had plenty of "smelly" strains do the same thing. But when I break apart a nug, the room ends up funked up.
Imho, based on your descript of things, you're golden. Go enjoy that WW, thats some nice stoney smoke:)

MagniKhan

Veteran
I've had plenty of "smelly" strains do the same thing. But when I break apart a nug, the room ends up funked up.
Imho, based on your descript of things, you're golden. Go enjoy that WW, thats some nice stoney smoke:)

Thanks for getting back to me guy's!! :tiphat:

I just checked them and the smell is coming back!! Trust me, I'll be burping these like an infant.

Meaty

Damn right it is! Enjoy the dry air folks, humidity returns this weekend. Looks like it's gonna be close to 90.

Anybody watch the news and see the oil spill in the gulf? Looks like it might be heading for us! That would be tragic, all that black oil washing onto the snow white sand!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i was raised in the panhandle..
my family is still there..

it is not looking good for pensacola with the oil coming!

rambone

It's time to hit those beaches for some snook fishing, they're so easy to catch this time of year, catch and release only though

chubba

sprung looks good and way cheaper but do they last,take abuse?> has anyone used em?ive used bubblebags and they held up well

G

Guest 18340

I have a set of Sprung bags given to me by a fellow ICmagger, (his schedule made it too dificult to set aside time to make bubble hash).
He used them a few times and I've used them at least 3 times and can tell you that they hold up extremely well.
Sprungbags are of equal or better quality than bubblebags. The maker of the sprung bags took it upon himself to show Bubble bags that their product could not only be made better but cheaper.
Trust me, they are as quality as Bubblebags.

Milonix420

Hey, whats going on people's :) llong time no see... anyways i have a bag seed plant growing and the buds on it seem really really airy i am using 6 cfl's and i have seen many people grow some nice plants with cfl's i dont know whats going on with him but at this point i dont think the plant is even worth the time... which sucks cuz i have no bud and havent smoked ina long time i dont kow what to do with the plant ill post pics tomorrow of it so you all can see :) i hope all it well with everyone

Be safe

Milonix420

osoloco69

You can go ahead an put them out, but they might try to flower and then reveg. If you look at the sunrise/sunset for your area you should get a good idea of how long your daylight is. That'll give you a good idea of the best time to put 'em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts