What's new

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Buckets that looks great. Check those bags of 'tones though buddy, I'm sure they have blood and bone meal already in them.

PNUT, I think we also need a quality compost company like Malibu or Coast of Maine here in FL too. I bet blue crab shells and redfish carcasses would make some excellent compost.

on a side note:
please be careful with rock dusts that are sourced outside of the horticulture industry... like granite counter tops or headstone engravers... the coolant/lubricant that is sometimes used for cutting those rocks is nasty stuff deffo do not want in dirt close to plants.

Last time I made granite dust I bought a bag of little granite rocks from Home Depot and a sledge hammer. I recommend safety glasses and a dust mask if going this route.

i hear ya there,on the tones....with that blood & bone,i use very lightly,espically with all that other stuff i mix in....so yea,if ya not cautious with either of those they will burn the shit out of em....ill use like maybe a 1/4 cup each Blood & bone on say one soild cubic ft of soil..along with all the other stuff mentioned...

haha,on the rocks and.sledge hammer.. :biggrin:, classic shit....i could see me busting rocks,lady would say "you and ya fuckin plants,you are crazy".. :dance013:
that rock.dust is good shit,ill say that much...just wish i didnt have to order offline..would love to get a GIANT bag of the stuff(Shippings a bitch on that shit)..

have ALWAYS heard good things about coastOfmaine products as well....have you tried anything from them???...id be curious to hear what ya thought about em....

well have a good turkeyDay and week everyone... :peacock:

bucketswithsoil

me too ,oops im retired lol:biggrin:

awesome Bugs,no wonder you have some.many crosses coming from dem.der hills...congrats on the retirement.. :tiphat:

Buckets check your pm

pm coming right back at cha chief!! :biggrin:

for clarification on my clones, i scrape the outer layer off the bottom 1/4" of the stem and thats why my clones are sensitive to movement in the first 3 days.

i hear on that buddy....after i nip,ill scrap the outside of stem as well with the scissors just a little bit...seems to work...im hopeing this new.shit i got will do the trick, since the clonex wasnt showing me any love...hopefully the shit just went.south on me,cause i usually fair pretty well clone wise..guess time will tell here shortly.. :tiphat:

Asslover

Veteran
Ill throw in my method...
I use a heat mat and a dome. I also use an insert made to hold rockwool starter plugs.
A little water in the tray, spray the inside of the dome...
I also use Dip-n-Grow.
Buckets' you've seen first hand what my clones look like...

bucketswithsoil

Ill throw in my method...
I use a heat mat and a dome. I also use an insert made to hold rockwool starter plugs.
A little water in the tray, spray the inside of the dome...
I also use Dip-n-Grow.
Buckets' you've seen first hand what my clones look like...

"what cha u talkin bout willis,i aint know no clones" :biggrin:
im pleading the 5th....what clones..???
ohhh wait maybe these.........

cant say thks enough buddy...i blasted ya a pm..??
again thks...

:tiphat: :thank you:

No love for my fudge huh? I see how it is lol. That shit was intense, used 20g of trim and 3/4lb of butter and the 8"x8" dish made approx 50 servings.

Buckets - make sure you are scraping very lightly BEFORE applying the clonex gel. Also after I apply the clonex, I snip the bottom of the stem so it's not suffocated and since i want the roots to come out the sides, not be a taproot.

Side Note : Clean ya damn grow environment!! :)

bucketswithsoil

No love for my fudge huh? I see how it is lol. That shit was intense, used 20g of trim and 3/4lb of butter and the 8"x8" dish made approx 50 servings.

Buckets - make sure you are scraping very lightly BEFORE applying the clonex gel. Also after I apply the clonex, I snip the bottom of the stem so it's not suffocated and since i want the roots to come out the sides, not be a taproot.

Side Note : Clean ya damn grow environment!! :)

note to self.... room is clean...FLOOR,not so much....haha
i was waitin for a motha fucka to say that....LOL :biggrin: :tiphat:

bee good CG..fingers crossed on.my latest cloneing adventure..

ya gotta remember...if plants,strains,gear....can make it here ...THEY CAN MAKE IT MOST ANYWHERES.... :friends:

heck room might look like a tornado went thru,but me ladies get treated with the upMost respect... :dance013:

note to self.... room is clean...FLOOR,not so much....haha
i was waitin for a motha fucka to say that....LOL :biggrin: :tiphat:

bee good CG..fingers crossed on.my latest cloneing adventure..

ya gotta remember...if plants,strains,gear....can make it here ...THEY CAN MAKE IT MOST ANYWHERES.... :friends:

heck room might look like a tornado went thru,but me ladies get treated with the upMost respect... :dance013:

What kind, if any, of pest control do you use? Just curious. Ever had any issues with bugs or diseases?

bucketswithsoil

What kind, if any, of pest control do you use? Just curious. Ever had any issues with bugs or diseases?

whoa whoa...EZ there CG...haHa,just funnin wit cha.....NO PESTS...yes ghetto grow.area,,,,,....HENCE NO PESTS....like i told ya.....shitty area,hence ladies get treated like GOLD..... ill do a regular pest prevention.....if.called for....dont get.my ghetto grow mixed up with those other elementary kids with LH..(lice head),,,,LOL
even thou when i moved down here i did have LH,and moms was pissed.... :biggrin:
that was the end of.wearing other peoples hats....lol. :tiphat:

show some love for the ghetto grows....we all cant afford super.sick sealed rooms,killer co2,air exchange,the sickest lights and what not...like i said if i can grow some chronic in this shitty environment.....SKYS THE FUCKIN LIMIT...no love lost here good buddy...oneLove...

Nah man didn't mean any disrespect, I was honestly curious. I figure with soil and stuff, it has bugs and is a breeding ground for pests. I don't have any sealed room, c02, or anything like that, I'm just OCD clean with my environments. The plus being I've never had to spray any kind of pesticide or anything on any of my plants, not even Neem, just soil water and nutes. More worried about bringing something into my room that isn't wanted :) Stay safe good buddy.

bucketswithsoil

Nah man didn't mean any disrespect, I was honestly curious. I figure with soil and stuff, it has bugs and is a breeding ground for pests. I don't have any sealed room, c02, or anything like that, I'm just OCD clean with my environments. The plus being I've never had to spray any kind of pesticide or anything on any of my plants, not even Neem, just soil water and nutes. More worried about bringing something into my room that isn't wanted :) Stay safe good buddy.

no worries bud....yeap ive been lucky with no pests....ive sprayed plants before,when i THOUGHT ive might of had something...cant ever be to sure... be ez and stay safe... :tiphat:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
DP in the house!

awe man this rain this year was horrible. It rained in my neck seemed like for the entire two months of Aug and Sept. Mold resistance was definitely being tested to the max on the outside flowers.

good to see you posting.
Good to be back, wish I was around more but life gets in the way more often than not. This year has definitely made me question my skills at times, but there are enough external factors to make me believe I still know what I'm doing :biggrin: nature just decided to fuck with me as much as possible

Cool stuff. Nice pics.

:tiphat:

whats up DP,been a while since you popped in,hope all has been.good wit cha...im in the TRIANGLE family now my self(Super stoked to say the least)...love the "coma"reference...well just wanted to say whats up ....fronts are a coming,time to go whack some flounders..,

Chances are you'll love TT, I have no real tolerance for anything so it just kicks my ass! Been so hot the Kings are barely in the neighborhood, hopefully December is better. Wish I was retired like Bugman and could fish when i want to instead of just when I can :biggrin:

You are one of the people who I will definitely hit up in the future for testing. You did a most excellent job documenting them and even did a little pollenating using that killer purple traited male. I would love to get some of those beans off you eventually too if you got enough. I look forward to seeing what your next runs with her are like. Keep up the great work brotha!!!

-G/O:tiphat:

You are the Man!!! All hail the creator - I got you!!!!

Now where the hell is Hugh???? hopefully not stuck in the shitter....

It's 1AM and I have to be up at 7. I have more pics to post but it's not gonna happen tonight and given all the holiday commitments it may not be til next week.

Here's wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!! Love your family and friends, give thanks for your blessings then eat til you can't eat any more!

bucketswithsoil

Good to be back, wish I was around more but life gets in the way more often than not. This year has definitely made me question my skills at times, but there are enough external factors to make me believe I still know what I'm doing :biggrin: nature just decided to fuck with me as much as possible

:tiphat:

Chances are you'll love TT, I have no real tolerance for anything so it just kicks my ass! Been so hot the Kings are barely in the neighborhood, hopefully December is better. Wish I was retired like Bugman and could fish when i want to instead of just when I can :biggrin:

You are the Man!!! All hail the creator - I got you!!!!

Now where the hell is Hugh???? hopefully not stuck in the shitter....

It's 1AM and I have to be up at 7. I have more pics to post but it's not gonna happen tonight and given all the holiday commitments it may not be til next week.

Here's wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!! Love your family and friends, give thanks for your blessings then eat til you can't eat any more!

i hear ya on this fishing good buddy,bounced finger mullet around for a soild three hours...not one fucking knock,doink,whack....NOTHING.... i was let down... :comfort:

RockinRobot

Well here's my current grow at 6 weeks 12/12. Buds are really bulking up now. This was almost 12/12 from seed. Not even 2 weeks under 18/6 lighting before I flipped. Was running out of stash and didn't have time to veg. Even the lower buds are getting big and fat. This strain always claws in flower. Can't feed it light enough. Don't know the lineage was bag seed. From the bud structure and leaves though it is mostly sativa.

Floridian

Veteran
Its redfish time here around the gandy.Man I wish my fishing partner didn't work lol.I fish alone but its not the same.Be too cold pretty soon,interested fisherpersons just shoot me a PM and we can go from there.Im in a marina so its cake.Its a Key West 186 Bay/Reef with a 115 YamahaAny.Man I can get in the skinniest water.I don't post a lot but do read the forum it seems like so many of you are from south Fla.I'm in west central.Anyway good growin all,I have I think 5 different Paradise strains at 30 daya flower,I've never had this many strains at one flowering.Kept a couple clones of each, Paradise really Shot me some non viable seeds at the beginning and middle of the year.I love the company and the strains,but I got 11 plants out of about 80 seeds.Nothing close to this has happened since I started in 01

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Its redfish time here around the gandy.Man I wish my fishing partner didn't work lol.I fish alone but its not the same.Be too cold pretty soon,interested fisherpersons just shoot me a PM and we can go from there.Im in a marina so its cake.Its a Key West 186 Bay/Reef with a 115 YamahaAny.Man I can get in the skinniest water.I don't post a lot but do read the forum it seems like so many of you are from south Fla.I'm in west central.Anyway good growin all,I have I think 5 different Paradise strains at 30 daya flower,I've never had this many strains at one flowering.Kept a couple clones of each, Paradise really Shot me some non viable seeds at the beginning and middle of the year.I love the company and the strains,but I got 11 plants out of about 80 seeds.Nothing close to this has happened since I started in 01
11 out of 80 thats not real good odds.
Man ide love to go fishing...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.