What's new

Florida Growers Thread: Reloaded-ed

B

blue_tick

when i used happy frog it was kinda hot for my seedlings & i got a nute lockup, but once that passed every thing was fine.
i would put my seedling in promix in a small pot then transplant in to HF
if u need more feed ,a tea of some sort [ewc,kelp or something like that] ive got kelp if u need some.

i'm surprised you had a lock up with just h/f. i put a couple in light warrior and a couple in h/f from the paper towels and the h/f did better than the light warrior for me. malawi is a light feeder for sure. h/f is something like .05- .90 - 1. calcium. i left them in cups of the h/f till third set of true leaf and into the h/f ffof mix. what water source do you have?

i'll get pic's of the purple malawi soon

peace

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i wish i could get HF & OF again but the feed store quit selling it, all i can get is promix & such ,well cheep top soil,& maybe a mushroom compost from HD or lows

I grow in pure OF and just recently started mixing in about 30% perlite.

Haven't had any lockout issues.

I'm also adding some pretty heavy nutes and flushing according to this schedule
Screen-Shot-2014-01-18-at-6.55.25-PM-1024x910.png

I have seen a HUGE increase in trichromes/oil/resin/smell since I started feeding with FF nutes. I've never grown anything this dank...

FF is nitrogen rich, but this seems to only affect certain strains. For example, chemdog is sensitive to the high N in FF, but cotton candy and cookies seem to be doing just fine.

Copperfield

picture.php
GRAPE STOMPER BX
picture.php
banana dawgHope everyone on the fl thread is doing well n staying safe!! Here's a couple outdoor pics.....

B

blue_tick

MALAWI 12/12

MALAWI 12/12

here is the purple malawi from 12/12. she is the only one to make it as i started them in wrong time of year (still had all the bad weather)
this is the one in h/f and ffof mix

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Beanzy

Fl. Auto choice info

Fl. Auto choice info

I have a couple of questions about autos in Fl.
What are some good auto choices for our climate? I personally prefer Indica but have read that our climate causes bud rot due to humidity and bud/ leaf density, does this apply to autos as well since they aren't outside as long ?
What about the the times projected seedling to harvest by the vendors? Is that fairly accurate ? Or does the strong sun speed up the process?
on some of the seed bay and other places I see the male and female sign on the description does that just signify regular? Do some people prefer the unfeminized for breeding? Or should I avoid the feminized autos? I know I'm asking a lot but I just want to do it the best way,
Thank you Brothers& sisters

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i don't know anything about auto's but you should be fine with indicas in the fall and winter. it's real dry out there right now.

Wolfshadoe

Yes if it flowers before late july,Which I have had it happen .Its not so much the heat /humity though, Its the damn worms and believe it or not,that pretty butterfly that lands on your plants>>>>THEY crap on your buds. That along with them dewy mornings that wash the crap down into your buds. Causes but rot/mold.

The seed venders may be right as to the time of flower based on their location,but in my own exp? In the 80s plants flowerd naturally in sep and went into nov.I was always rushing hunting wich opened nov 15 then {I think}. Nowadays? I have yet to have any plant from ANY seed go that far naturally planted in spring.I got my own ideas as to the why. .Try to avoid auto strains in breeding imho.Unless you are in controlled environment.
Get your seeds from safe reputable place..All that 30% this and 70%that is abit underated.In my own exp,only 2 months a year.Jan/Feb not good for a grow.

Anyway good and stay safe .Peace<ws>

Wolfshadoe

Wished I could edit::I ment HUNTING season:laughing:

On another note:Fl growers be aware of the PALM berry pickers.I see saw palmettos pickers this year ALL over..My swamp don't grow SP.lol.Saw palmetto likes sand>>I got dirt!!!.Peace<ws>

Beanzy

I have been looking hard at Great Lakes Genetics mainly because I have a feeling that the Dutch seeds are acclimated to higher latitudes. I get inspired by brothers liKe Fl. Boy.
I actually saw GL has some gold Colombian and a double Sat. GC Acapulco Gold but man those flowering times are lengthy. I'm going for it anyway I have to just plant em and try and leave the results to Jah and some TLC. My pain is getting worse and I can not and will not use any opioid or sleep medication because of past experience.

Beanzy

Obtw, thank you Wolfshadoe you actually answered my question. I looked up total darkness times for my Lat. and also the times for central and South America, I was in Costa Rica in the Summer and Winter and it goes from light to full on dark quickly and all of the days are st 12 hours give or take 10 minutes which has always made me wonder what causes the plant to start blooming down there so I Un scientifically concluded that at latitudes say 25- 35 degrees that maybe after the summer equinox may trigger the flowering in the land of the ' almost free'

B

blue_tick

I have been looking hard at Great Lakes Genetics mainly because I have a feeling that the Dutch seeds are acclimated to higher latitudes. I get inspired by brothers liKe Fl. Boy.
I actually saw GL has some gold Colombian and a double Sat. GC Acapulco Gold but man those flowering times are lengthy. I'm going for it anyway I have to just plant em and try and leave the results to Jah and some TLC. My pain is getting worse and I can not and will not use any opioid or sleep medication because of past experience.

get your post up man to 50. go to the tokers den and and sling some post.

peace

Wolfshadoe

Canna Butter...:biggrin:...Bettter than any oppoid ..

True Story..But Quik..My son became A parapaligic in the last year or so.They had him so hooked on MorPhin,demerol,fentinol {sp?} lol,yea I know.My spelling sucks yall.But any way JUST as SOON as I could,,Ol pap made him start My own butter program.Im happy to say we got him off Demerol/Morphin,but them damn patch things are BAD and he does Need Some type of pain management.

Mr M..Lol..I guess over the years these fla growers had a few threads
trashed. There is SO,SO much to catch up on here,and I'm still slow as ever. I am lost in a world Forums and sub forums..Try catching up on a decade!!! Yall stay safe ..Peace! <ws>

Beanzy

has anyone seen the theory in here how if the first node is close to the first leaf it's a female and if it's long it's a male? well i am going to see if this is accurate. i have the 2 acapulco gold up and going one is tighter then the other. if the theory is true this first pix should be female and the other a male. you can clearly see the difference.

peace

FlBoy,
Slightly off the topic of gender but I was looking close at your grow medium. I see little balls on top looks like time release fert. But I doubt that .is this how you propagated ? Right in the pot? What mix is that ?

Latest posts

Latest posts