What's new

Flo & Vietnamese Black/Thai Indoors 2010

C

Capt.Cannabis

is the RR still flowering or did it stop? not quite sure how i feel about autoflowering strains. but the grow is very nice. can u explaine to me what an airpot is tho? thats new tec for me. how is drainage, and does it allow for more air to the soil? sry to bomb u with Q's..

Mr.p
11-15-2010 11:32 AM

road runner is still flowering.. i'll get some pics up tomorrow or the next day. they are still pretty small but i think it is cool because i can have some outdoor plants to look at from my room in the winter.

airpots are found from www.superoots.com and its a new style of pot. the pots seem expensive but they end up paying themselves off. ive noticed a large improvement in my plants if they are in airpots compared to normal style plastic pots.

i've grown 12 gallon airpots and its a fantastic alternative to outdoor growing in the dirt... however if a grower wants to save money growing in the soil is fine because its cheap and it doesn't force a grower to relocate the plants when the roots get rootbound. i've found that the cannabis plants grow faster in airpots than in the soil as long as the amount of room the plants are given to grow in is the same.

however the airpot company is releasing a new airpot soon that's a 40 gallon airpot with a base which is cool because it allows for more airflow than just an airpot wall.

C

Capt.Cannabis

just switched the plants to 12/12... dj shorts flo is far behind ace seeds vietnamese black/thai even though both were started at the same time... i hypothesize that this is because flo is at least f4 and vietnamese black/thai is f1 i believe....

i'm not crossing black thai with flo btw - just crossing together to get my own seed batch to last me years and years.

ive been misting the plants because the lady bugs dig it.

Attachments

• flo.jpg
    flo.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 5
  • vietnameseblack:thai.jpg
    vietnameseblack:thai.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 8
C

Capt.Cannabis

here is an update.

even though i had thought the flo and black thai were started at the same time, i was wrong. the flo were started 2 weeks before the black thai which explains why they look so short and undeveloped right now.
as for the black thais, the females have been pollinated and the males are producing a ton of pollen so it looks to be doing good in there..
i'd say another 5 weeks or so for black thai and more like 2 months for the flo.

cheers.:wave:

Attachments

• blackthaiflower.jpg
    blackthaiflower.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
  • floflower.jpg
    floflower.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
C

Capt.Cannabis

The Vietnamese black/Thai plants from Ace Seeds are flowering out nicely. Even though the plants were induced into an early flower, they have remained vigorous enough to produce compact buds with some seeds forming.

The Flo plants from Dj Shorts seeds are finally starting to show some differentiation between the males and females. These Flo plants were started a little after the Vietnamese black/Thais but were induced into flowering at the same time as the Vietnamese black/Thai plants so that's why the plants seem a little bit on the runty side. However, these plants have begun to get a major growth spurt which I definitely love to see.

Attachments

• flo.jpg
    flo.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 6
  • vietnameseblack:thai.jpg
    vietnameseblack:thai.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7