What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FLASHBACKS ?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I think I had one. I was driving to work and stopped at a light,looked out the window and noticed the sky was so incredibly blue and the clouds were moving like they were trying to take shape. Everything was so incredibly calm Then the guy behind started honking his horn and it was over.I'm not sure if it was a flashback or daydream but it looked like an acid trip. Never happened again.:blowbubbles:

Wild1

LOL, if anyone should be getting flash back, forwards or sideways it should be me. From 1971-72 it was almost all I did. Fresh window pane directly from labs in Berkley, CA. One night did ten hits. (don't try this at home or anywhere) Never had a bad trip, and never had a flash back. Not saying they don't exist, but never met anyone who has had one either.

sutra1

Been thinking about this a bit. I remember doing two hits of Orange Barrel in 1974, and heading to a peak was really scary. I was somewhere not on the earth and wasn't sure I could get back. Then came what I guess is known as ego death. Not a fun trip but not bad either. I never did acid again. Friends & family say I became a different person after that trip.

sutra1

Just an addenda, I wonder if those who have had "flashbacks" are possibly confusing it with a panic attack? Like I said I did hundreds of trips and to this day have never had a flashback.

I have never had a flashback. I have found that the first time you smoke after a trip it gets you really going, it seems to bring it back on. Which is funny, because smoking while tripping does not seem to do much. Sutra, I can appreciate you saying about "heading to a peak that was really scary." Once I had two tabs and for a while, I didnt know who I was anymore, I felt no distinction between me and what was around me. It all became one.
After a while, I realised, this is only a trip, and you will come back. For a while I didnt know where I stopped and everything else began. Just had to go with the flow. I came back.
Just an addenda, isn't it "stopping on the avenue by radio city"?
Anyway, "Be part of the Brotherhood, yes it's, chain lightening, it feels so good!"

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
I did two tabs at the same time, 1971
Big mistake...but, I hoped I would get a flashback, so I would know what happened during those six hours. :chin:

Some of my clearest memories of the past are acid trips. It seems I can remember all the goings on during the trip. I can even relive some of the visuals. :peacock:

mack 10

Veteran
LOL, if anyone should be getting flash back, forwards or sideways it should be me. From 1971-72 it was almost all I did. Fresh window pane directly from labs in Berkley, CA. One night did ten hits. (don't try this at home or anywhere) Never had a bad trip, and never had a flash back. Not saying they don't exist, but never met anyone who has had one either.

Wow 10 hits, that's some trip.. I bet the acid in those days was amazing? Wonder how they would compare ? between the window pane's of the 70's to the blotter that was around from early 90's on. anyone lucky / old enough to of tried both?
I only ever saw micro dots twice. mid 90's, Both times they where little purple things like a lighter flint,they even came in the same packaging.
More common where the blotter type acid tabs, like
Purple ohm's, strawberry's and batman's etc,etc..
~mack~

oldchuck

Veteran
The only bad trip I ever had was on stuff that must have been cut with Draino or something. I spent the whole trip with my arms wrapped around the toilet bowl puking my guts out. I wouldn't want to flash that one back. That was in 1968.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Wow 10 hits, that's some trip.. I bet the acid in those days was amazing? Wonder how they would compare ? between the window pane's of the 70's to the blotter that was around from early 90's on. anyone lucky / old enough to of tried both?
I only ever saw micro dots twice. mid 90's, Both times they where little purple things like a lighter flint,they even came in the same packaging.
More common where the blotter type acid tabs, like
Purple ohm's, strawberry's and batman's etc,etc..
~mack~

I started in the late '70s. It was always blotter with all the different pictures. Really never saw a difference from one blotter to the next. But, this one time and one time only I was given the chance to do some window pane. Dude only gives me half of the pane. I was like shit that is not near enough. It was way more than enough. Actually it was a lot cleaner than blotter ever was, for me. It didn't have that speedy attribute like blotter. Visuals were 10x better. It was a spiritual awakening like state for hours. The only bad part was the girl that took two panes and just wanted off the ride. For her it was real bad. She was no noob either. Window Pane is LSD.

The worst part of tripping is other people freaking the fuck out.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
The worst part of tripping is other people freaking the fuck out.

amen! i've never had a "bad trip" but i have been around people who sure fucked up my trips.

worst one was getting arrested and taken to jail once about 45 minutes after i dropped .......... VERY interesting evening !!!!! pretty happy about not having flashbacks about that one

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Never had any flash backs, but god damn have I had a life time of tracers.:)

Tracers for a few years after getting away from it. Not any more though. I would get shadow images of things superimposed over themselves as I passed the object in question. Esp. doorframes. It was like the second it took me to pass through was broken into 1/10ths and I could see each one. The only frame that was solid was the real one.

But no - ' Aw, shit. I think Im tripping!'

norcal_sourD

Took Microdots, both orange sunshine and purple haze, Black pyramid gels(yum), shroomies galore, blotter of every description from Jerry Garcia's pic to egyptian ankh pics, sugar cubes w/liquid, straight liquid, and NEVER had a single flashback :( Had ONE BAD trip but every other one was a Balls to the wall blast! The Jerry 4way windowpane was some BURLY cid! Took a good 18-24 hours to go to sleep and even then I was fryin balls in my sleep lol. Oh had good mesc trips as well, that's some fun shit too! Orange micros of mesc,mmmmm ;)

Coba

Veteran
I've had some of these same experiences... accidentally mega-dosed myself on slivers, the trimmed edges from sheets of plain white blotter after you cut them up into 1/4" squares, I've eaten dozens of paper hits with all kinds of pictures on them from beavis and butthead to the peace sign to GD Steal your Face, I've dosed something called family L... lavender crystal, amber crystal, heady fluff, all kinds of liquid in sweet breath bottles... galore... one time my roommate owed me $30 for a water bill... I took it out of his vile... i just opened my mouth and puddled myself... that was an interesting night. I've dosed at concerts, I've dosed at home, I've dosed on camping trips, I've dosed at house parties... I used to dose in high school just for kicks... I can honestly say, I've ingested a lot of lsd.

OP, sometimes, if I smoke a lot, I will get some visuals of bright colorful spiral vortexes behind my eyes like I was tripping... but, as far as a true flashback... I haven't pictured myself as an eagle with golden pulsating energy feathers and tried to fly or thought I could speak to the people in the next room telepathically or anything like that...:peacock:

norcal_sourD

Coba, "I haven't pictured myself as an eagle with golden pulsating energy feathers"..that's a trip you would mention that. I vividly remember a trip on Mushies in High school on a rainy day when I clearly saw a Phoenix/Eagle emblazoned on the windshield of the car I was in atm. I'll never forget that image of it as the rain poured down around and thru it. Then I went and saw Stargate in the theatres. U ain't really seen SG till you've seen it shroomin BALLZ lol. Awesome time! Thanks for the reminder dude! Still no flashbacks here tho lol. Kinda wish I would...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've taken acid well over 700 times. I lost count a long time ago. There was even a year of my life when I took 10 micrograms every single day, for 365 days, to experiment using it as a mood-stabilizer. I have also done a 1 milligram dose, but only once in my life. Most of the time, in all of the years I've used it, I took either 100 or 200 micrograms. 99% of this was with with carefully titrated liquid LSD, so I'm not guessing at the doses. Last time I took any was probably about 2 and a half years ago...

Anyway, the point is, I've never had a flashback. I've had plenty of angelic trips as well as demonic ones. But never had an actual flashback. The only thing I will say is that I don't see in the dark very well, because of all the electric flashes all over my periphery. But this is only in dark spaces, not in my general, waking life. Other than that, I feel fine, but my perception of things seems to be much more "meta" than the average human. That can cause some dissonance between me and the average sheep, I mean person. But other than that, I am pretty much a normal person that can function just fine in the world.

FWIW.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
man...I know that feeling...

...trying to walk down a dark hallway..

it's like somebody shinning a flashlight in your face

Coba

Veteran
how was thaat... 10 mikes a day for days

yeah man i bet experimenting with different dosages is how to make it work right for you different effects each dosage is what makes it change

i think sheeples 'd nbr touch th stuff

yeah man norcal sD i just figure its my spirit animal or something i look at birds more now

S

scuba80

my dad used to get window panes in the 70s he tried the blotters of the 90s and reckons they were shit compared to the old days proper felt ripped off

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The Post-LSD Syndrome

Edwin I. Roth
Ratings: 0|Views: 754|Likes: 6
Published by AuthorHouseBooks
The author proposes the recognition of a condition, which he terms The Post-LSD Syndrome, in which patients who have had prior experience with LSD experience a triad of distressing and debilitating symptoms. This triad of unique symptoms consists of a sleep disturbance, anxiety, and forms of mental instability which are described in detail. These symptoms can occur after decades of even only one exposure to LSD. The author describes in detail a variety of case studies which illustrate the various forms of pathology which the condition can manifest. Typical cases which consist of a fairly clear and direct presentation of the basic triad of symptoms are described, as are atyplcal cases in which other symptoms may appear to predominate, such as depression and addictions. Situations in which other conditions may coexist with The LSD-Syndrome and in which they reenforce each other, such as PTSD, are also described. The book is written for the benefit of the general public as well as for professionals, in the hope of helping people obtain proper treatment.
More info:

Publish date: Oct 12, 2011
Added to Scribd: Oct 14, 2011
Copyright:Traditional Copyright: All rights reservedISBN:9781463415693
List Price: $12.99 Buy Now

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68735872/The-Post-LSD-Syndrome