What's new

Flame Defender - automatic fire extinguisher

A

ak-51

Although they're more expensive, I would strongly recommend going with a residue-free extinguishing agent like FM-200, Novec 1230, Halon, Halotron, or something similar.

Standard dry chemical extinguishers generally contain corrosive chemicals and will ruin any electronics that they get inside. They will likely contaminate your whole crop if they go off.

A residue free extinguisher will just put the fire out and evaporate.

Anything is better than nothing, but I would choose a residue-free extinguishing agent over dry chemical for almost any situation.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
i have mine installed.... bought the big boy... installed it right near the ballasts and breakers/outlets...... gives me more peace of mind.... now i need a device that makes my plants disappear if cops come in the house... HMMMMMMM.......

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Standard dry chemical extinguishers generally contain corrosive chemicals and will ruin any electronics that they get inside. They will likely contaminate your whole crop if they go off.

If my ballast's on fire, I don't think I'll be worrying about the internal electronics.

I get where your coming from, but the reason these things are
so cool is that they are inexpensive and easy to procure and mount.

I can always get more plants and equipment, but would have a harder time replacing my house...