What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fitzera does things

Fitzera

got a good feeling about this one. it's got the "freddy-krueger-spreading-his-fingers-super-wide" thing from the NL. nice-looking plant overall man....

View Image

Yes I'm excited to see how this turns out and very curious how much influence the Northern berry has! Thanks for stopping in

Fitzera

I thought I would make a post to highlight the NGBz and where she came from..

So here she is as she stands (same pic as posted the other day).
picture.php

Here is the mother, Barneys Gorilla Zkittlez.
picture.php

picture.php

And here is the sister of the father, Peaks Northern Berry.
picture.php

picture.php

Early on it mostly resembled the mother but I feel it's begun to take on more of the fathers traits in appearance. Can't wait to see how she ends up!

Unfortunately not many seeds were produced in any of the NB crosses. I need to decide whether to make f2s from the non selection male i have flowering out or try to recreate it with new similar parents. Probably makes sense to do both!

Last edited:
G

I'm out of rep but ..
Is the Northernberry inbred? You might see some dominant traits (hard to say from one seed

Fitzera

I'm out of rep but ..
Is the Northernberry inbred? You might see some dominant traits (hard to say from one seed

Northern Berry is an F1 hybrid from his inbred lines.

Newest write up off Peaks website lists this for his NL and BB:

"Blueberry
I started with a clone of Blueberry in the 1990s from a rich source of clones at the time.

Between 2000-2004 I purchased Dutch Passion, DJ Short and Sagarmatha Blueberry.

In 2006, a fellow breeder from Oregon sent me a nice example of his Blueberry which I bred in.

I consider this to be mostly Indica in appearance and effect."

"Northern Lights
I grew the famous NL#5 from British Columbia Seed Company beginning in the late 1990’s.

By 2007, I felt the need to freshen the genetics. I landed on a Northern Lights from Hemcy in 2007.

In-breeding since then.

I consider this to be mostly Indica in appearance and effect."

AND (I like this part alot!) "Known for its desirable low odour, I am now trying to entice the terpenes out through selection."

He also states for his inbred lines "Each successive generation is reproduced from seedling plants, chosen from large samples. Selection for desirable characteristics is constant and continual. Stability is sought while diversity is appreciated."

There's a reason his lines are so good! Excellent breeding material.

Fitzera

About a week and a half of 12/12 here, little update. Gave them a bit of tea the other day to give a little microbial boost and boost it did. Going to be another tight run! Branches are getting right thick on a bunch of these girls, should handle some weight!

Overall shot
picture.php

Medicine Man
picture.php

SSxHaze pheno 2
picture.php

SSxHaze pheno 3
picture.php

NGBz
picture.php

Fitzera

Stunted NGBz left, Mountain Temple right
picture.php

Mountain Temple
picture.php

LA Chocolate
picture.php

Medicine Man male has started dropping pollen. I'll grab a couple more shakes worth and that will be plenty for some time. Mountain temple should be dropping soon, then NGBz. SsxHaze male clone is in flowering as is a female clone and a clone of LA Chocolat...gave them a couple drops of sts and will apply once more 2 weeks after the first. That should be enough.

Fitzera

I'm sad...I have pictures I'm itching to upload but nothing is working. 🥺

Actually I think I'm just going to bow out for now. Might check back in a few days to see if it's been rectified, we'll see.

Last edited:

Fitzera

Ok....I think I've got it figured but it's a process...fingers crossed this works...

2 week flower update

Medicine Man beast
yibqvo.jpg

Medicine Man that was stunted
95hgvx.jpg

NGBz
z0up00.jpg

NGBz that was also stunted
5hmuh7.jpg

LA Chocolat
723eub.jpg

Mountain Temple
huh064.jpg

Other Mountain Temple
tn34w2.jpg

Sweet Skunk x Haze pheno 1
jddxv9.jpg

Sweet Skunk x Haze pheno 2
5v8cnj.jpg

Sweet Skunk x Haze pheno 3
cefyeb.jpg

Fitzera

It is...but I never used urls before...maybe it was possible before as well using urls? It took a bit of looking around until I found a hosting site I felt comfortable with. I guess that's the trade off, more of a process to get them in my post, but many more can be posted.

I can get an handle on the rest of the update, the picture part was going to be the deal breaker for me. In my mind whats the point of even allowing picture hosting on the server if you have to delete alot of them...thats what makes older threads suck, when the pictures are missing because they were deleted.

eyesdownchronic

It is...but I never used urls before...maybe it was possible before as well using urls? It took a bit of looking around until I found a hosting site I felt comfortable with. I guess that's the trade off, more of a process to get them in my post, but many more can be posted.

I can get an handle on the rest of the update, the picture part was going to be the deal breaker for me. In my mind whats the point of even allowing picture hosting on the server if you have to delete alot of them...thats what makes older threads suck, when the pictures are missing because they were deleted.

oh what, you had to upload them onto another site?
what changed with picture upload?

Fitzera

It keeps giving me an error that I'm over the usergroups limits. It seems the old version there wasn't a cap but now there is...im almost double what I'm allotted and like I said, it's silly to me to delete older pictures...might as well delete the threads that go with them.

So yeah I did some digging for hosting sites that offer me more security/privacy compared to the mainstream ones.

eyesdownchronic

It keeps giving me an error that I'm over the usergroups limits. It seems the old version there wasn't a cap but now there is...im almost double what I'm allotted and like I said, it's silly to me to delete older pictures...might as well delete the threads that go with them.

So yeah I did some digging for hosting sites that offer me more security/privacy compared to the mainstream ones.

gotcha, ive been trying to find a way to upload from my albums as I think i still have some space. but dont think i can find a way...do you mind me asking what site your using? ill prob have to figure that out too...

Fitzera

eyesdownchronic I would suggest lensdump or catbox. Lensdump requires registration and has 100mb limit. Catbox does not require registration but I think its required if you want to get back to your pictures. It also has a 200mb limit and allows more than just images.
Definitely do some searching about them to decide if they suit your needs, don't take my word for it...im just a dummy haha

gizmo666

Plants are looking superb fitzera

Because of the picture and albums issue I don't think I'll bother with another diary now
I used another upload site before and the dam thing crashed and I lost a shed load of pics
Unless this site changes for me it's not worth the hassle
Good luck with your grow mate

Fitzera

gizmo666 thanks brother.

If you do feel like giving it another chance, like I said to eyesdown, those two hosting options seem pretty good. The first will be 4 years old in May and the second one I think has been around for some time as well. They may be long term options. Personally I'm using the catbox one. The only thing is when using the url, where you enter it you need to uncheck the box right below it. And you'll want to resize it in the options...ive been using 800xwhatever it chooses.

Fitzera

A couple studs doing their thing. Once they're done and I've taken care of stray pollen, I'll be moving the 2 clones I'm trying to reverse into this area so they don't contaminate the tent.

NGBz
m19x4x.jpg

Mountain Temple
97m9kg.jpg