What's new

First vertical donut

Very pretty buds! Try not to use those collapsible dryer vent exhaust things, they are very flow restrictive. If you need a flexible exhaust run, use the more rigid flex ducts.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Thanks for the tip. I've been considering upgrading to a larger fan, but perhaps rigid ducting would help? Might have to try that first.
-gil

meadowman

lookin great dude!!! i just finished my first vert too. temps dropped 7 degrees by losing the hood. what kinda weight did you pull? i hit just over 21 z's with 1 600.....hell yes i'm converted!!!

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Well, only had half of the donut filled, and they were flowering before I put them on the screens. ...so it was more of a half ass trial run. Even so,I got 10 or so of dense colas. Almost no popcorn. This was with the screens only sort of covered. I'm hoping I can get closer to 20-30 with 1200 watts and proper training. I see everyone pull these numbers without even trying, so maybe if I really try I can get closer!

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I just loaded all 4 sides. Once they get going I'll post some pics of the full donut. I'm going to try to fill the screens pretty good. I'll share my efforts so that perhaps someone else might learn from my mistakes (or success!)
-gil

A lot time can be spent on tying and training in this style, selective pruning of branches and fan leaves can make a big difference too.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Starting to fill in. I should probably flip now. I always underestimate the stretch, and way over veg. But I'm new to vertical screens, and I want them nice and full.

...And for fun, here's my horizontal cab:

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
About 3.5 weeks into flower. Filled in pretty good. It's hard to get back far enough to get a good pic. But you can get the idea.

Looks good man. I hear you on trying g to get back for enough haha. Always tricky with these donuts. Keep it up. I am learning the perfect veg now also for these vertical setups. Hard to find d the middle ground but it is out there. I know these setups can dominate once done right.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
It's about 4 feet from the top of the bucket to the top of the screen, and about 3 feet wide. There are 4 screens around the lights.
I tried to get some "better" pics. The one with the hps glow has a tape measure in it, but you have to look close.

-gil

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Somewhere around 4-5 weeks. The top half off the screens is pretty loaded with nice colas, but the bottom half isn't as full. There's a Few random buds down there, but it's not what I was going for. not sure if this strain is the best for vert, or of I just need to prune and train differently? I think I'll get a decent haul, but not the solid wall of colas I see in some of these vert grows.
Thoughts?

-gil

LSWM

Looks like another week of veg may have increased your screen fill. That's been one of my biggest problems is either overestimating stretch or over vegging.

There's always next round!