What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first timer dresser grow

Hey guys! New here never grown before but have been reading allot!i have a dresser already just wondering exactly what i need to do! Was wondering how many watts i need for lighting if using cfls i was also wondering if i could use my shop light? It takes a type t bulb..how do i prep the dresser? How do i get power to it?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20130626_164959.jpg
    20130626_164959.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
You need to do some more research man. CFLs maybe? Heat is going to be a problem I'd imagine. All depends on how you want it to turn out in the end.

sunset limited

Veteran
how much light do you need? depends how much herb you want to cut down. those cfl's don't put out a lot of lumens so you'll want to get as many in there as you can without driving the temps through the roof.

you haven't said anything about your cab really, but consider getting some ventilation if you haven't already.

tube dude

Go to the micro grow forum.There is a sticky, at the top of the first page, named A Library Of Links. You should be able to find the answer to all of your questions there.

I'm only planning on having one good sized plant and maybe a smalker obe? I put a pic of the dresser and yes i am putting someventilation with a carbon scrubber... Thanks tube dude!
Anyone havr a link to show me for getting power to the cab?

sunset limited

Veteran
first of all, WELCOME TO YOUR NEW LIFE!

second of all, you are in the right place. the cats in here who took me under the wing saved my ass on more occasions than i can count. ask questions. wait for answers. all of the information you get on this (or any forum) isn't necessarily good information. if something sounds like a total crock of shit to you, you're probably right. you'll find out real quickly whose opinion is worth a qunt suck. you'd do well to listen to those guys. with me it was vagpuncher and krunch and scrogerman, seamaiden, and the guys in the SDF therad. go find yours. and rives kept me from burning my shit down once or twice.

i applaud your judgment for starting with just one or two plants. absolutely start small. if you stay studious, inquisitive, and true to your craft, you can absolutely master this thing. that's not going to happen on your first go round though. beginners luck is an anomaly in this work. and laziness and inattention are NEVER rewarded. but you may still chop something you can chop down and burn. and it will be fucking awesome.

pop a singe seed. see if you can propagate it successfully. if yes, proceed to pop a few more. otherwise try another single one until you get the hang of it. grow those plants out until they're big enough to take a single clone from. there's a hundred tutorials on how to clone. i don't know that any of them is more right than any of the others. once you've got your clones rooted, go ahead and flower em out.

i'm excited for you homey. truly.

Last edited:
K

kiwi_growa

Couldn't have said it better myself sunset!

Everything sunset said is very true! Welcome to the forums man, you've come to the right place:)

G

gloryoskie

Tell no one else you do this. Here at icmag.com, cool.
Ignore the trolls.
6 23w 2300k screw in cfl swirl household bulbs.
If your place is air conditioned, good.
Don't over water, don't leave grow stuff in plain view.
Extension cord, 16GA, to a fused multi outlet.
All you do now is prep for what you will do in the future.
Keep a room fan in view to give a reason for the hidden fan noise.
Remember to have the plain view fan turned on, natch.
Read as many threads about the grow style you want that you can.
Nothing wrong with making mistakes, gets you more focused
on better results.
Welcome aboard, keep us posted!

sunset limited

Veteran
my first thought is that you're going to run into headroom issues. turning the thing on its side would kind of ruin the stealth element of it too. can you get your hands on an armoire?

K

kiwi_growa

40 watt bulbs will be much better, but will throw out twice the heat. Make sure you install an exhaust fan to help ventilate that hot air out of the box.

P.s make sure the wattage stated on the bulb is the "actual wattage". Sometimes those CFL bulbs only state the equivalent wattage to an incandescent. So a cfl with an "actual wattage" of 23 watts might state on the box that its "100watt equivalent", DON'T take any notice of the equivalent, just focus on the actual watts. And also it pays to learn a bit about the color of the bulb and which color is best for different stages of growth.

I have no doubt that you can grow pot inside that cab, I've grown pot in a speaker box and even a suit case! so don't be put off just because it is a bit on the small side. IF you can get your hands on something bigger then that would help, but if that's all you've got to work with just make sure you get adequate ventilation and lights and you should be sweet. Might pay to read a bit about Low stress training and also SCROG training because you will most likely be using one or the other to keep the plants from outgrowing your cab.

tube dude

When he said headroom he was talking about the height of the cab. With cfl's you won't need much height and will need to train them to keep them short. The light will only reach about the top 8 or ten inches of a thick canopy anyway.

Ok i have one important question. How do i get power to a fan i took out of my computer? Or where can i find one? And where do i learn abot scrogging or low stress

Latest posts

Latest posts