What's new

First Timer: 12 Light Coco Multi-feed

RetroGrow

Veteran
posted by Retrogrow
Retro .... Why you would mix canna or any nutes together without water ??? I use canna & yeah their additives are expensive , but they're about the cleanest nutes i've ever used in my rez's besides GH 3 part .
sorry i had to say something cuz they way its worded sounds like canna can't be mixed to sit in a rez or a jug . It can & I do .my veg jugs are all 5 gallons & they set 3 days sometimes . my rez's take 4 days to empty & works out great for the PH swing ,starting out at 5.6 when mixed i hit maybe 6.1 by the time its empty .

[URL=http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b482/skippydan1/whatever/DSCF1650_zps91bc887c.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Bro, you're misinterpreting my remarks, or perhaps I didn't explain it clearly enough. I used Canna nutes for years, and have nothing against them. They work fine.
The point I was trying to make is you cannot take, for example, a pint of Canna Part "A", and mix it with a pint of Canna part "B", and put that mix in a quart bottle to be used later. That mix will make them goo. Of course you can mix them seperately with water, and make your rez any size you want. The reason I switched to Maxibloom was to make it simpler-no mixing, and of course it's much cheaper. By the way, Flora Nova Bloom liquid is the same as Maxibloom. It's just easier to use the powder.....no shaking necessary, and they make large buckets of it which last a long time. I have had better results with Maxibloom & Florilicious+(humic acid & sea kelp) and silica with my tap water, as opposed to Canna. I am not knocking Canna. They make good products. I use only their coco, and I forgot to mention that I also use Canna Boost with the Maxibloom. Of course, Boost is very expensive, and you can buy Triacontanol, the active ingredient in Boost, for pennies @ MBFerts.com. That is one suggestion I would make to OP, regardless of nutes used. Add triacontanol for significant increase in yield. It is a plant growth hormone, and should be used throughout veg & flower.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan, did you use the regular or dirty formula? I see netprophet likes the dirty, I'm just worried about buildup in my drip lines (1/4").
I used the RO version . i did order some of the dirty & mixed one jug of it & gave it to my kid for his promix runs . it isn't as clean , i'm guessing cuz its organic & they're was shit at the botom of the jug . but my main complaint was that when mixed it came out to a perfect for me 5.8 .... but the very next morning was up to 6.5 . so i decided not to use it . i'd suggest the RO formula for your plants you've shown here . & the RO formula works great in 1/4" lines . chris said theres something in the mix to help keep drip lines clean ... i forget what .

netprophet also says he doesn't have the drastic PH swing overnight with the dirty like i did either ..... again this is when my water was fuked up so ..... i dunno . & the reason i'm going to try it again myself :)

Call them & Talk to Chris the owner tomorrow tell him your situation & see what he says . hes a pretty good guy & willing to help anybody that needs it . i've talked to him a few times , just not over the phone , always emails .

Last edited:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The point I was trying to make is you cannot take, for example, a pint of Canna Part "A", and mix it with a pint of Canna part "B", and put that mix in a quart bottle to be used later. That mix will make them goo. Of course you can mix them seperately with water, and make your rez any size you want. The reason I switched to Maxibloom was to make it simpler-no mixing, and of course it's much cheaper. By the way, Flora Nova Bloom liquid is the same as Maxibloom. It's just easier to use the powder.....no shaking necessary, and they make large buckets of it which last a long time.
As I said , the way you worded it it sounded like you couldn't let a jug of it sit . that you HAD to mix & feed right away . thats just not the case .

i knew what you meant about mixing without water too & my question still is .... Why would you ??? why would you mix any 2 or 3 part together in one container to mix with water later ?? i don't get that . i can see doing it with mixing your own salt nutes together , but not with liquid A&B nutes .... i'm not even sure you can do that with any liquid 2 or 3 part nutes .... can you ?? now i'm talking base nutes here not additives .

Last edited:
Im giving the Veg+Bloom Dirty another shot right now. Had to kick it up to 1100ppm just to reduce the yellowing. It would be helpful if we had some way of telling how much of what is in it. I personally think you still need to add CalMag using this stuff, although they say you wont.

Ultimately im disappointed when comparing it to the previous run with Dyna Grow 1 part.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I forgot to mention that I also use Canna Boost with the Maxibloom. Of course, Boost is very expensive, and you can buy Triacontanol, the active ingredient in Boost, for pennies @ MBFerts.com. That is one suggestion I would make to OP, regardless of nutes used. Add triacontanol for significant increase in yield. It is a plant growth hormone, and should be used throughout veg & flower.

Retro, as what concentration (PPM) do you use the triacontanol from MBFerts? Their "how to" mentions 1-25ppm?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Retro, as what concentration (PPM) do you use the triacontanol from MBFerts? Their "how to" mentions 1-25ppm?

They have instructions, and there are a couple of YouTube videos on it. Instructions come with their kit. You need polysorbate 20. Links on their website.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Just ordered a sample of the V&B Dirty, I'll test it out on a couple plants and see how they like it!

papaduc

Veteran
ICOVO & Dans, I've just had a look at the V&B stuff. What are your thoughts on using it through veg and flower? Will you be using any pk adjusters on top?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
ICOVO & Dans, I've just had a look at the V&B stuff. What are your thoughts on using it through veg and flower? Will you be using any pk adjusters on top?

Well thats what it is meant for, so thats how I would use it. I won't be adding anything to the trial, just checking it out on its own.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Quick question:

I was seeing something that resembled the very beginning stages of Mg deficiency so I tested my runoff.

I've been feeding at 800-850ppm, 5.5-6.0 ph.

My runoff came out at 450ppm, 5.9 ph. Does the lower ppm of my runoff indicate that I am feeding too lightly or too heavily? I believe the small Mg deficiency was caused by low reservoir temperatures. My tank dipped to the lower 60s for a couple of feedings, so today I bought a res heater and brought it up to 67F.

I just hand flushed each bucket with 1000ml of RO + Clearex ph'd to 5.5 and tomorrow I was planning on feeding at a slightly higher concentration than before (1000ppm) to re-inoculate.

Let me know your thoughts!

RetroGrow

Veteran
All I can say is I feed @ 800 PPM. It's the K.I.S.S. method. I don't think you are feeding too lightly.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used it mainly with no additives except my last run of it , i added PK 13/14 for 1 rez fill (4 days) & i noticed a slight difference in size , but i wouldn't say drastic . it is fine all by itself Pappa . some of the best runs i've ever had were with just V&B RO formula .

papaduc

Veteran
Quick question:

I was seeing something that resembled the very beginning stages of Mg deficiency so I tested my runoff.

My runoff came out at 450ppm, 5.9 ph. Does the lower ppm of my runoff indicate that I am feeding too lightly or too heavily? I believe the small Mg deficiency was caused by low reservoir temperatures. My tank dipped to the lower 60s for a couple of feedings, so today I bought a res heater and brought it up to 67F.

I just hand flushed each bucket with 1000ml of RO + Clearex ph'd to 5.5 and tomorrow I was planning on feeding at a slightly higher concentration than before (1000ppm) to re-inoculate.

With low res temps I would just have raised the temps and put it down as an oversight; a mistake. If it wasn't taking up nutrients due to the cold, flushing with ro and clearex will just compound the problem.

Get it back on 1.2

papaduc

Veteran
I used it mainly with no additives except my last run of it , i added PK 13/14 for 1 rez fill (4 days) & i noticed a slight difference in size , but i wouldn't say drastic . it is fine all by itself Pappa . some of the best runs i've ever had were with just V&B RO formula .

Cool. What ec did you run?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was seeing something that resembled the very beginning stages of Mg deficiency so I tested my runoff.

I have to agree with pappa . by flushing you just made the problem worse . get some nutes back in them buckets . 1 thing ... you never flush coco with plain water . it will throw the cations out of ballance & they'll have to be recharged . always flush with your regular nutes but at a low dosage to keep everything in ballance .

if they're only showing a slight mag def . hit them with an RO & epsom salts spray for a couple days . & up your feeds around 100ppm & see if that helps . but if you EC is lower than what your putting in .... they're hungry & feeding .... give them abit more . your PH was a tad high but not bad .... I'd adjust it down to 5.6 when feeding , it will buffer back after a few feeds .
how much calmag are you using ? you should be giving around 150 to 200ppm of calmag if your using 0 water .you can probably bring the PPMs up with the addition of a couple more ml of calmag instead of A&B .

Cool. What ec did you run?
Pappa , i was feeding 500 to 700tds in veg & 700 to 1000 tds in flower . i very rarely go over 1000 tds 2.0 EC

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks guys, I figured the low PPM runoff was indicative of underfeeding. After flushing I immediately watered with a brand new solution that is a little higher than the previous barrel, they should be great by tomorrow!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I got sick of having ppm confusion (conversion factors) when talking with others, so I switched the Bluelab over to EC. New 100G barrel came out to 1.5EC with:

- 10ml/g BT Grow
- 8ml/g BT Aquashield
- 5ml/g BT CAMG
- 5ml/g BT Silica Blast
- 2ml/g SM-90
- 1ml/g H&G Roots Exc.

Might dilute it down to 1.3-1.4EC but I'm not sure yet, as I am now confused as to what setting my Bluelab was on prior to switching (500 or 700) haha.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use TDS or EC . TDS is 500 scale & what my meter reads in .

1.5 Is 750 on the 500/TDS scale & thats about what i start my flowering in . but i very rarely go over 2.0 /1000 TDS
I'd say try it & if ya get any tip burn , back it down .

where do you set your PH at when mixing ? & how high do you let it drift before adjusting again ?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I use TDS or EC . TDS is 500 scale & what my meter reads in .

1.5 Is 750 on the 500/TDS scale & thats about what i start my flowering in . but i very rarely go over 2.0 /1000 TDS
I'd say try it & if ya get any tip burn , back it down .

where do you set your PH at when mixing ? & how high do you let it drift before adjusting again ?

Always set to 5.5 or 5.6 and I never let it get above 6.0

Latest posts

Latest posts