What's new

First time seed buyer

American Grower

Hi icmaggers.
I could use a little help with the seed market, if you please.
First, the price spread among breeders is pretty wide. I'm sure the adage 'you get what you pay for' applies, I'm looking for some help delineating where the lines lie. It seems like the majority of seeds I've shopped goes for $50 - $75 for 10 beans. This is stuff like NL and NL crosses, Afghans, White Widow...stuff I consider to be above average. So, is it safe to say that strains in the $25 range are middies at best, and strains in the $100+ range are maybe twice as good as NL, Afghans, Colombian, etc? ?

I could also use help picking a strain. (I've grown Cannabis before but it was a long long time ago)
With that in mind, I've been looking at the NL line. Any suggestions as to which breeder to go with?
Any suggestions on another strain that might fit the bill?
I'd like it to be at least a moderate yielder, but delivery of a strong, balanced head/body buzz and tolerant growth characteristics are more important to me.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
NL lines have gotten diluted over the years, finding and old school NL is tougher than you would think. you can end up with some good bud, but they all have a more pronounced "dutch" taste to me than what it use to be. maybe now is a good time to branch out to some of the newer strains, some of them are really fine herb.
cindy 99 crosses, chem crosses, ssh, maybe some mexican lines there is some great stuff out there
if you really want old NL I've seen some nice stuff in/from British Colombia

this board is run by seedbay.com and seedboutique.com
the bay uses money orders, the boo uses either money orders or credit cards. I haven't lost an order from either one yet.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Mosca Negra seeds is having a drop on Tuesday 2pm uk time. I would check that out if I were you. Some good Cindy99 bx seeds and C99 hybrids. Easy to grow and fast flowering times, just like NL. I would skip the NL if I were you. I had a hook up in Humboldt about 10 years ago that would bring down NL and it was super bomb. However I never was able to find good NL since then.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
Cannabiogen mix #4 or Chimera Ultmix on seedboutique
people LOVE them some Dutchgrown although I have yet to pop any
Mosca as Bullfrog mentioned
right now there is some fantastic stuff to be had cheap on seedbay in the server fund section. roll the dice on some $35 bomb Kabookie or House of Love Sour Dog for $30 ?!? shit
$30 Angel4us AK47XSour strawberry kush, the list goes on and on

RetroGrow

Veteran
I think it's important to note that there isn't necessarily a correlation between quality & price, ie, $200 seeds are not always twice as good as $100 seeds. In fact, IMO,, $200 seeds are priced outrageously no matter the quality, and you can find equivalent quality for much less.
You've already gotten some good suggestions.
I would also add BOG and Mr. Nice.
Shop around and check Seedbay server fund auction, as already suggested.

I

Iron_Lion

Stick to some newb friendly shit till you get some skills. Money doesn't always = the best. Nor does lots of money = easy to grow, some high dollar strains can be fussy and hard to grow.
I've gotten some great plants in $35 or less packs of seeds.

Female Seeds White Widow $21/4 feminized seeds

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at Mandala Seeds, nice selection of buzz types, very affordable, and people frequently have good things to say about them. Mandala has a subforum with all the other breeders...its located toward the bottom, gotta do some scrolling. I've personally never grown them, this is based on what I have read here.

They're getting their genetics from non-standard regions of the world as well, so they will also have new genes for the pool.

kaneboy

female seeds northern lights,very nice easy plant to grow $30-40 bucks mosca negra cinderella 99bx around $70 ,pure pineapple madness with a hell of a kick,dont like sativas much but i like her :jump:

growhi

the best nl out there is sensi's period !!!

nivana's is ok as is female seeds !!

but you can find stella examples in any line really !!

the best nl out there is sensi's period !!!

nivana's is ok as is female seeds !!

but you can find stella examples in any line really !!
But can you find NL seeds that germinate from Sensi? :bump:

Try anything(except outdoors and BW) from Female seeds. Not been disappointed their warez so far.

growhi

But can you find NL seeds that germinate from Sensi? :bump:

Try anything(except outdoors and BW) from Female seeds. Not been disappointed their warez so far.

lol yeah course u can, ............... dont forget they have the oringinal genetics from neville its just logical that theres is goin to be the best !!

that said, there is pheno differnce !! but thats coz its rumoured to be nl5xnl2

Hack

for a new grower Nirvana Power plant is very forgiving for the new grower and produces high quality smoke. I have spent thousands on seeds over the years price doesn't always equal quality, sometimes its stability for example nirvana has always been affordable but have not seen alot of stability usually many different phenotypes, whereas sensi seeds varietys and dutch passion are known for stabilized strains in alot of cases, if you can afford them serious seeds selections are always high quality but expensive, ak, bubblegum and easy to grow. you don't want to start with some fussy pure haze on your first try

lol yeah course u can, ............... dont forget they have the oringinal genetics from neville its just logical that theres is goin to be the best !!

that said, there is pheno differnce !! but thats coz its rumoured to be nl5xnl2
Have you really read threads around here? I would not touch Sensi stuff until reports say other. :comfort:

I know I would be very pissed off, and as newbie might quit hobby at start, if my over 100€ seeds won't germinate. That is why it is better try something more stable and cheaper before going risky.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
If you are lookin for strong Medicine give grindhouse a peek. Lots of great bean benders here...kinda like a candy store

F

Fluffy Clouds

I'd like it to be at least a moderate yielder, but delivery of a strong, balanced head/body buzz and tolerant growth characteristics are more important to me.

nl is good choice, really easy to grow, frosty nuggs, good buzz... if you can find sour-soda pheno youll be more than happy, i think that female seeds have that sour pheno there in their beans, their nl is based on old school positronics nl...

but when i read your requirements... i would say.. you need cheese!
ultra sonja from grindhouse or jack cheddar from karma i suggest... i assure you will not be dissapointed with these...

good luck with growing, its such fun! yeah!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GDS MIX by GrowDoc Seeds is most forgiving, reliable, low cost indica dominant option. The genetics have been grown by 100s of medi growers all over the globe with positive results. Hope this helps :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts