What's new

First time grower

Respectbeer420

Ive used peat moss 50% and perlite 50% for 15 gallon (3 gallon each)

Should I order worm casting or else to add to the mix?

I also have 4-4-4 all purpose gaia green.

Ive used paper towel method for seeds (rockstar strain) from buds that i bought; then they cracked open. Ive put those into a small pots with this mix and monitoring it with water sprayer to keep humidity steady 60%.

any advice?

RenaissanceBrah

Ive used paper towel method for seeds (rockstar strain) from buds that i bought; then they cracked open. Ive put those into a small pots with this mix and monitoring it with water sprayer to keep humidity steady 60%.

any advice?

Many people have different opinions on ideal soil mix. Depends on what your ultimate goal is. I decided to go with a 30 gallon no-till pot and that way I didn't have to add nutrients.

A good rule I've heard is 40/40/20 (peat/pumice or perlite/compost). For compost I'd recommend Malibu's Bu's Blend. You could sprinkle some worm castings on top (top dress).

I've heard you can add 4-4-4 simply, you could probably do that to your mix, I don't know much about that though. You could ask kronos over at ro11 it up f0rums, he would know.

SamsonsRiddle

any advice?
with peat moss you're going to need some kind of ph buffer (crushed dolomitic limestone is easiest to find and usually cheapest) at 1-2TBS per gallon.

add your fertilizer at 1TBS/gallon.

ewc is a great addition, add it at 25% of the amount of perlite.

i would suggest adding some kelp meal at 1-2 TBS/gallon.

keep your plants in the little pots and mix all of this and dampen it and let it sit for a couple weeks.