What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First-time Grower, Needs help in picking the suitable GROW TENT & etc!!!

pkhninni

Hey folks, taking my big step by starting my first indoor grow. I am looking for tips and help to pick my first Grow tent mostly in all in one Grow Tent, soils, nutrients and etc to make it a happy ending and make me learn.

I want to start with just 1-2 plants knowing this is my first grow and many mistakes could happen but it all comes back to me as knowledge.

I am open to even some good auto flower seeds suggestions, I am more of a Sativa guy, so anything on that end would be greatly appreciated.

I will document my entire growth so it becomes back a knowledge material for many new growers in this community.

Stay happy and PEACE. Keep blazing <3<3<3

goingrey

Something like this kit should suit your purpose. It is from ICMag sponsor Mars Hydro which is why I'm posting the link but shop around for something similar if you like.

For nutrients I had good success with the Biobizz line when I still grew in soil indoors (just don't use as much as they recommend, start with half). And while I haven't used it myself Roots Organics soil sounds impressive.

Easy to grow sativa-leaning varieties would be something like Easy Sativa from Female Seeds, Think Fast from Dutch Passion, Nepal Jam from ACE Seeds.

pkhninni

Something like this kit should suit your purpose. It is from ICMag sponsor Mars Hydro which is why I'm posting the link but shop around for something similar if you like.

For nutrients I had good success with the Biobizz line when I still grew in soil indoors (just don't use as much as they recommend, start with half). And while I haven't used it myself Roots Organics soil sounds impressive.

Easy to grow sativa-leaning varieties would be something like Easy Sativa from Female Seeds, Think Fast from Dutch Passion, Nepal Jam from ACE Seeds.
Thank you

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Don't start with an expensive seed friend. If you use bag seed to start with and you won't have anything to lose. Plant one seed in a Dixie cup of quality potting soil and you can learn a lot from there. Plant 10 dixie cups and then up-pot into one-gallon pots when the plants have big leaves.

Heres 12 plants at 15 days old. Using this many plants you can experiment with only one to find the best way to grow.

dixie cup plant.JPG

pkhninni

Thanks, so you mean to say, no matter the seed company, I start all germinating and starting all of them, lets say I have a 3 seed pack, I start all 3 and then decide which one will come out good? am I understanding you right?

pkhninni

Don't start with an expensive seed friend. If you use bag seed to start with and you won't have anything to lose. Plant one seed in a Dixie cup of quality potting soil and you can learn a lot from there. Plant 10 dixie cups and then up-pot into one-gallon pots when the plants have big leaves.

Heres 12 plants at 15 days old. Using this many plants you can experiment with only one to find the best way to grow.

View attachment 18839721
also what would be a quality potting soil, can you suggest me some ?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Fox Farms Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest are good potting mixes. You just add water and no fertilizer for the first 6 weeks.

Roots Organics' original potting mix is another water-only mix and works well.

If you use quality potting soil and clean water (not tap water) your plants should do fine.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks, so you mean to say, no matter the seed company, I start all germinating and starting all of them, lets say I have a 3 seed pack, I start all 3 and then decide which one will come out good? am I understanding you right?
NO, I'm saying start with a seed that is cheap and not expensive because they may fail from inexperience. After you grow a couple of gardens then invest in some quality seed.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I start with 10 dixie cups and when the plants show their sex in 4 weeks, I kill the males and only grow females for their flowers.. I usually end up with 5 or 6 females out of 10 dixie cups. Here's a photo of same plants from above dixie cups I ended up with.

IMG_3977.JPG

MEGA956

Veteran
I built my grow tent setup kinda piece by piece, one week I bought the tent, the following I bought the light then the carbon filter and fan. I did all that until it all came together.

Tent and veg light bought off FB market, fans off Amazon, meters and timer as well. I bought tons of supplies off my local grow shop. I used fox farm ocean forest at the beginning now I use Michigan Magic Mix.

pkhninni

I built my grow tent setup kinda piece by piece, one week I bought the tent, the following I bought the light then the carbon filter and fan. I did all that until it all came together.

Tent and veg light bought off FB market, fans off Amazon, meters and timer as well. I bought tons of supplies off my local grow shop. I used fox farm ocean forest at the beginning now I use Michigan Magic Mix.
Thanks mate

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Fox Farms Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest are good potting mixes. You just add water and no fertilizer for the first 6 weeks.

Roots Organics' original potting mix is another water-only mix and works well.

If you use quality potting soil and clean water (not tap water) your plants should do fine.
I am fortunate to have access to some of the best municipal tap water in the country. I ran organic and the only thing I did for the water was fill up buckets 24 hours before use to allow the chlorine to dissipate. I grew 'em big and healthy.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am fortunate to have access to some of the best municipal tap water in the country. I ran organic and the only thing I did for the water was fill up buckets 24 hours before use to allow the chlorine to dissipate. I grew 'em big and healthy.
You are truly blessed with a good tap friend. Where one lives plays a big role in what percolates over the ground and in the water. If a person lives in an area that has a lot of limestone then the water will be alkaline with a high pH. If one lives where there is mostly sand or stone then the water will be very clean. In the case of hard water, it's best to just use RO or Rainwater fortified with cal-mag.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
You are truly blessed with a good tap friend. Where one lives plays a big role in what percolates over the ground and in the water. If a person lives in an area that has a lot of limestone then the water will be alkaline with a high pH. If one lives where there is mostly sand or stone then the water will be very clean. In the case of hard water, it's best to just use RO or Rainwater fortified with cal-mag.
Right on.. My source is one of the 5 Great Lakes. Low PPM and perfect pH.