What's new

First Time Grower Curious

sandie66

I got a few new pictures. Kinda hard to get in there to photograph. I repotted them into 2 gallon pots on 3/04. They are 20 days from germination today. The little one is my runt, I guess. At first I was freaking out, but they seem to be growing better and a little faster now. They broke their second leaves last week and the third set started yesterday. They still look smaller than other plants I've seen for that age, but they are regular seeds, not autos, so I am happy for now. Only time will tell. I think in the next or so I will add 3 more lights. What I am using now are CFLs "daylight". I think I will add 3 CFLs "soft white". Not sure if it will make a difference or not, but probably can't hurt.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6

HarvestMoon303

I don't know if it has been discussed yet, but what's the temp, RH, is there a photoperiod? What type of lights for veg/flower? Plants need some BRIGHT lights. I veg under 600w HPS and flower under 1600w HPS, and I don't even have very many plants. (Less than 10)

sandie66

What's in there now are beyond bright. I walk in there at 6:00 am when the timer comes on, and it blinds me. Well my set-up is nothing grand as I am only growing for myself and not to make money. The CFLs are 100 watt equilavent and 1600 lumens. There are 3 and 3 plants. Temp in my house is always about 78. And honestly, I do not know what the rest means. I am an old hippie doing this for the first time and like I said it's for me, don't want to spend a fortune. I bought the seeds from Nirvana and I read what I can every day. I have some autos coming and I assume those will grow much faster.

al70

Veteran
Yeah put some more cfls in, they'll love it, a small 6inch fan blowing over the bulbs will keep em cool enough, ye might want to get a small extractor as well, they'll stink like hell when you put them into flower, good luck.

sandie66

Yeah put some more cfls in, they'll love it, a small 6inch fan blowing over the bulbs will keep em cool enough, ye might want to get a small extractor as well, they'll stink like hell when you put them into flower, good luck.

Oh yeah, I have a fan in there too!!! Thanks. I will put more lights in there this weekend!