What's new

First time grow DIY hydro - 2 litre bottle & container bed.

Hey man wasn't trying to offend or discourage you! Just when you're on forums, and you post questions that are easily answered via a search, or a book, etc people tend to get upset and see you are lazy. As in, you didn't do the research, so you're now lazy and expect other people to do the work to give you the answers instead of searching yourself. Hopefully that makes sense bro! Can't wait to see it in action.

jvt

Hey man wasn't trying to offend or discourage you! Just when you're on forums, and you post questions that are easily answered via a search, or a book, etc people tend to get upset and see you are lazy. As in, you didn't do the research, so you're now lazy and expect other people to do the work to give you the answers instead of searching yourself. Hopefully that makes sense bro! Can't wait to see it in action.

Hay its all good BRo, me was also drunk and stoned. You Chill bro. I know what u mean..now that in senses.;)

jvt

A quick reply. off to home town tonight .but wanna discuss in depth, this are your points that i .wanna research further:

"why don't you just do dwc? What's the point of adding the coco? People have the hydroton in the net pots just to stabilize the plant and hang the roots into the solution. No point in having something surrounding the roots if they'll just drink from the res.

I thought i am doing DWC, in all ways, only thing added extra is the soil// cocopeat grow.

There's a perched water table where the first few inches of the medium that's above the water will be too saturated for optimum plant growth, so that less than 2L you're working with will be even less than that. So the hempy seems similar since they have a 1-2" res at the bottom, but you don't constantly maintain that, so right after you water there's a res at the bottom, but over time it gets smaller and it dries out. So the plant gets water from when you fed but it gets air when it dries out. With your system there's no dry out so the plant has to get the air from the res, which the root will grow down into the res. But if you allow that and just get a bigger res, why don't you just do dwc? What's the point of adding the coco? People have the hydroton in the net pots just to stabilize the plant.

my setup is in such a way, that These are basically self watering pots, which means. The water level of the grow pots will always remain at same level, regardless of If i water or not. Frankly (YES IM LAZY, BUT TECH SMART ) I don't like to water, and like to setup automated, but weed i may cos i smoke. but technically, all my pots, the water level will always be maintained automatically. My entire network of plants are set to auto watering.

Same like my E-com websites;) I build websites for a living, by the way. Tech is all me into.. In my biz Automation is the key!

Just got into Hydro Agri.

Latest posts

Latest posts