What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grow; 1 sqft, 136 Watt CFL, 12/12 from seed

Day 50; You can see the bushiness in the top view. The buds in the middle are all part of the BM. Also, I got a close up of the NL top bud with a good sample of the trichomes. It's new to me, but I see maybe 10% clear, 85% cloudy, and 5% amber/turning amber. Anyone else have any thoughts?

smilley

Veteran
I'm no expert on micro grows, but I'd like to see half the pistils changing color before I'd think about harvesting. Things are looking good dude. If you posted larger format pics the thread would be even better, just sayin'..... :peacock:

Yeah I agree. I don't know why the pictures are so small, the size when I upload them is 1280x800px.

Any idea why they are getting re-sized?

Everything else I've seen always said ignore the pistils, it's all about the trichomes, so I've been focusing on those. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, that's just what I've been reading. I definitely appreciate the feedback! I'd say the NL is getting close to 50% of the pistils changing color anyway though.

smilley

Veteran
I don't even look at the trics till I see 50% red hairs. Regardless, take another look at the trics, it seems too early to harvest to me. I like to see abouut 15% amber trics, I generally don't try to differentiate between cloudy and clear as I have difficulty telling the difference sometimes. I'd hate to see you chop too soon and lose out on some yield. Many strains will add significant weight in the last couple of weeks. I don't have any experience with autos or with going 12/12 from day 1 but others here should be able to give you a rough idea on the expected harvest window.

Try going to forum albums, select the picture and cut and paste the bb code into your post. I think you're just using the insert image button which only inserts thumbnails. I hope that helps....

Let me know if these pictures are any better.

Day 51; The close ups as follows, top bud, top bud (different area), lower bud, lower bud.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Good job man, your now a pro.......

I can't judge the trics from the pics, except they do look mostly cloudy. What do you think?

Nanos

Hey! if you use imgur to uploade your images you can get them in full size :) just remember to copy the link that are ment for forum :)

Murdakaii

If you upload your pictures in a personal album on ic mag first, and then view the picture, there will be a link to the bb code for that image underneath it that starts with "

smilley

Veteran
They're really shaping up for you Mike. Watch the water consumption, when it starts to drop off, they'll be getting close. Looking at the pistils, they look like they want to go another week or more. Don't get too anxious, the harvest window is a wide time span. Me, I like to maximize yield so I try and let them go until they stop bulking up and then a few more days to ripen. It's not an exact science. You could harvest now and the weed will be top notch, but if you wait a bit you'll get more of it.

Regardless man, you've done an excellent job for your first run. Props dude...................

al70

Veteran
be patient mike, get yourself a 30x scope and check the trichs, they should be cloudy, the plants look lovely, goodluck.

Thanks everyone.

Smilley - it's tough to judge by water consumption in this case because I have three plants in one container and the auto finishes much faster, but that's a good tip for next time.

I actually harvested the Northern Lights today but I'm a couple days behind in pictures, so I'll post those first.

Day 55; heavy defoliation of Northern Lights in prep for cutting.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts