What's new

First Time 3x3 flood tables??Any tips hints tricks bewares??!!

Allsop

Hello I am planning on running a 3x3 table in a secret jardin that barley fits the table in the tent. under a digi 600 watt. This is my first time.What should i expect what is the best plant ratio. i have buckets as well and need a quicker decent harvest inbetween the buckets harvests? any warning or tips?? also are reservoir change outs necessary? could i supply 2 new rows every 4th weeks of flowering to be harvesting 2 rows every 2-4 weeks?? hmmmm also hydroton or coco or a mix of both?? will be unning PBP or AN.with co2:laughing::thank you:

You can probably fit 9-12 ladies in there at least. Depends on the size. You can do perpetual but it's tough in one tray cause you need to flush the last week or two. With PBP i change every month or so but some people change more often. Take it easy with the PBP, they produce more uniform buds when you dont push the ppms so hard.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want to water the plants from different rez buckets, two tables (1.5ft x 3ft, or closest available fit.), and put them in seperate, pots inside your tables you could do the perpetual. That way you can water the flushing plants seperatley. Just run a pump from each rez with feeding tubes to the plants you want. shouldnt be more than 100 bucks upgrade.

Depending on how often you water determines your coco to hydroton rate. The more often you water the better drainage you need. If you water every hour or more then go with all hydroton.

Make sure you wash your hydroton well with plain water in a collinder (bowl with lotts of little wholes for draing pasta.) If you dont it will fuck with your ph and make everything get covered in mud made from hydroton dust.

Also I would upgrade to 1000 watts asap. it is perfect for 3x3. 600 is not enough in my opinion. make sure you are cool tubed for either. otherwise your hut will get like an oven.

Have you done your reading on co2. I hope so cause other wise you can kill your self on accident in about ten different ways.

Allsop

I will flood every 3-4 hours for 5-10 minutes. I havent read much on co2 except [lants can use up to 1500ppm of it effectivley. And a 1000 watt isnt that a little over kill??

and great idea for the tubes to the plants Hash Zepplin!!!!so i will need two reservoirs as well one with h20 the other with nutes??

and i would like to fill the table as much as possible 20-24 to start but i am looking for 30-31 what ever the max is that will fit in the provided space minial veg and shoot for 1-1.5oz a pot?? how much more electricity does a 1000 watt pull compared to a 600 watt??

Allsop

Aright i think ill stick with a 600 see what i can pull. Any input on how frequent and how long to flood??

Also , would leaving the clones in the clone box until they have a sufficient root system then adding to hydroton lead to increased or decreased transplant growth??

M

Mike Seed

If you can keep the space cool, i would use a 1000watt.

It will not be over kill.

Allsop

alright..what do you think about next generation LED 600 and 1000 watts.

Is the an ebb and flow how to any where on this site??

Allsop

Its almost more informative to read other peoples threads than to post your own. Come on people!!

Which of the two ideas is the best for the plants. Putting the hydroton directly into the table then planting the plants into the medium as if it were soil, or placing the hydroton in pots then planting??

dtfsux

perpetual is going to be a PITA because as already mentioned, you need to flush. If somehow you can keep the res'es seperate and not have the nutes mix on the table, great. That really requires two tables and two reses. But maybe you can figure something out.

I have run tables filled with hydroton, and pots with hydroton. Run the pots. You need alot of extra hydroton to fill the table which means more cleaning, work etc. I also got better growth and results by using pots.

Flood long enough to fill the table, then let it drain. Every setup is different based on pump, table size etc. Use a digital timer to get it right. Then flood every 3-4 hours during lights on, once during lights off. If running coco, maybe less floods as I think coco holds more water.

Make sure the tent is sealed with CO2 and use a CO2 monitor. You could easily do more harm to yourself and plants if you fuck this up.

From what I read, LED still needs work. A while back my local store did a side by side, and the LED plant never grew.

it doesnt cost much more to run a 1000, and I think you will like the results better. I have run 1000 and 600's, I didnt like the 600's

Not sure what you mean about the clone question. IMO its best to have them well rooted before transplanting. I have never seen much transplant shock

E&F tables, are the easiest, and most bulletproof setup IMO. You should do well.

Allsop

thank you for the advice. I think i will grab a 1000 then and i may try to squeezetwo 2x4 tables in the tent and run it perpetually like that. fill one table 2-4 weeks before the other.harvest the first table 2-4 weeks before the second table.

but then again what are yeilds like comming from a 2x4 table??

dtfsux

If I told you a yield, I would be lying to you. Strain, your skill, nutes, lighting,environment, etc affect yield.

Weed stays fresh for a long time, any reason you want to do perpetual? Thats two reses you have to maintain, two tables that need to be trimmed, maintained, etc at different times. Its alot of work.

Oh and one more issue we all forgot. One light over two different stages of growth is not ideal. You will always be further away from the younger plants because the older plants will be taller.

And dont forget the tables have a flange around the edge that takes up space. The white botanicare tables are 2x4 inside (meaning they are larger than 2x4) and the black ones are 2x4 outside, (meaning they are smaller inside).

Just some tidbits when trying to plan and cramming all your gear in

Allsop

to pay the bills lol.But i will just go with a 3x3 and see how that works. The first round i will use advanced use i have used pbp in buckets and would like to try something different.

so how long should i veg for lets say 24-27 plants in a 3x3 table. 1 week or straight to 12/12 im undecided at the moment but i do not want big plants, i have buckets for that. just a shorter time period inbetween harvests is what i am looking for.

and if i do veg for one week should i cut the side shoots off to attempt to have a single cola on each plant? or just let them grow??

Appreciate the help dtfsux!!:jump:

dtfsux

If you have enough clones to fill the table now, perpetual isnt going to help get anything faster. It would actually put you behind by waiting 4 weeks to start the next batch.

24-27 clones in a 3x3 wont need much veg time, a few days max. It really depends on strain. I had strains that just loved the single cola design, and others that just loved to branch out.

a true SOG is 4 plants per sq foot. 3x3=9 9x4=36. so you are close. I would put 15-20 of those in 6x6 pots, 4 per square foot. then spread the rest out over the remaining area, and let them branch out. The SOG plants will need to be lollipopped, where you cut everything off but the top 1-2 nodes. This is done around day 14

The remaining plants can be trimmed, bent,trained to maximize bud exposure.

BudBunker

you can check my threads for more info, but i flood every 4 hours for 15 mins(every 6 hours for first week after x-plant) Ive done everything from huge bushes with 3 per light, up to 40 plants packed tight in 6" netpots in a 3x3. 12 plants is a good mid point for fast turn arounds.

Allsop

alright, nutrients will be AN,strain D39, lumatek 600watt.do cool tubes dispurse light better than horizontal reflectors??

Allsop

bud bunker, what wattage light where you using and how much did you yeild with the 12 plants 3x3 and 40 plants 3x3

dtfsux

from what I have read, cool tubes are great at heat removal but not as good at reflecting light as a regular hood like a SS2 or Radiant

HanSolo

I use a similar tent but it holds two 3x3 foot trays. I use two 600 lights in a 60" cooltube. I would recommend a 600 in a cooltube for you because 1000 or reflector will generate a lot of heat in your tent. My guess is that my tent is the double size version of your tent:

I fit 36 pots in each tray, 6" pots with hydroton. hydro trays seem to be made with pot sizes in mind. from my experience 3x3 trays imply 6" pots, 4x4 trays imply 8" pots. Both hold 36 plants. I flood for 5 minutes at a time, once in the middle of lights out, hour before lights on and every four hours while lights are on. You could do nine at a time every two weeks if you have an eight week flower. I decided on every 18 days for 72 days to flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts