What's new

First organic grow, 400W tent

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
It'd feel liberating, to be able to have company and not pretend it doesn't smell like we're in the bowels of a skunk..

Just buy or make a carbon filter. I use a carbon filter and have no smells. Additionally, I have my cab tucked away in a closet in a private part of my house. I can have guest anytime I want without risk.

Pine

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Just buy or make a carbon filter. I use a carbon filter and have no smells. Additionally, I have my cab tucked away in a closet in a private part of my house. I can have guest anytime I want without risk.

Pine

I've got a mondo carbon filter (Probably 16" in diameter, about 2' tall), with my 170 CFM fan cranked at full bore, and it's not quite enough.. Still get hit with that reefer smell when you walk in the front door. I've experimented with dialing the fan speed back a bit, but it doesn't seem to help.

The next step is to get it out the chimney.. That's a project beyond my technical expertise, so I'm at the mercy of getting my buddy out to do it for me.. :)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
very nice... :D AK looks fab cant wait to see what you yield from her...

Hey LL! Great to see you 'round these parts.

I've had a smidgen of a PM issue with the AK, but I think I've addressed it and nipped it in the bud (no pun etc.). I'm thinking she's got another week or so - which would put her at day 70..

:wave:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
70 day AK47 gonna be some strong shit!!! hows she smellin? :D

Very sweet! I'm excited for her, .. I also have a Purple Mr Nice SOG styl-ee that's going, but I think I underfed it at the early flowering stage.. I'd was given a few bottles of Roots Soul Synthetics when I was at the garden center a while back, and I figured I'd experiment on the PMN..

After some experimenting (and minor research - not enough), I'm fairly certain that I'm supposed to use those products WITH some other Roots crap. .. Meh. Once I realized that, I said "Screw that, back to teas for you."

She looks a little runty, .. But my goal with her and the AK was more variety-focused, rather than yield-focused.. The Headband, on the other hand, is one that I KNOW I won't ever have enough of. :D

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Variety is a bitch since they tend to like and dislike different things, keeps ya on your toes tho!

Looking good my friend! :good:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Green Candy smoke report update

Green Candy smoke report update

Just tasted one of the day 64 Green Candy buds. Has been curing for 10 days or so - not long..

I've been smoking lots of the day 62 stuff, no real cure (jar open a few times every day), and it's good..

This last smoke (day 64, sitting sealed in a jar for 10 +/- days) was fanTASTIC. Noticeably sweeter & stronger tasting, .. Buzz seems to be a little heavier..

Now, this could be one of three things: 1) It's the cure 2) It's the 2 extra days on the vine 3) I'm high.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I've got a mondo carbon filter (Probably 16" in diameter, about 2' tall), with my 170 CFM fan cranked at full bore, and it's not quite enough

Could just be that your humidity level is too high for the filter to work properly. Carbon filters work best in low RH environments. You might find that you have better luck with it in fall, winter, and spring.

Pine

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Could just be that your humidity level is too high for the filter to work properly. Carbon filters work best in low RH environments. You might find that you have better luck with it in fall, winter, and spring.

Pine

For SURE! This is another (one the main) reason I'm shutting it down 'til the Fall.. We'll see. I think I'll be able to squirrel enough away to tide me over..

:dance013:

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
For SURE! This is another (one the main) reason I'm shutting it down 'til the Fall.. We'll see. I think I'll be able to squirrel enough away to tide me over..

:dance013:
I thought that same thing last summer, @ the time I was
running some in~line booster fans I had bought @ the DYI
store, 250 cfm or so they claimed, but once I hooked them
up to the carbon filters, I'd bet money they weren't pulling
more than 50 cfm, so I got a duel squirrel cage with metal
fan blades that pulls a true 1000 cfm, and walla no more
problems. totally worth the investment, I never looked back.

Never give up....... never surrender my friend !:whiteflag:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I thought that same thing last summer, @ the time I was
running some in~line booster fans I had bought @ the DYI
store, 250 cfm or so they claimed, but once I hooked them
up to the carbon filters, I'd bet money they weren't pulling
more than 50 cfm, so I got a duel squirrel cage with metal
fan blades that pulls a true 1000 cfm, and walla no more
problems. totally worth the investment, I never looked back.

Never give up....... never surrender my friend !:whiteflag:

Stupid machine says something about spreading rep around before giving it back to lil~etc.

Heh. The fan upgrade may come soon, we'll see. It's getting rerouted into the chimney this weekend. :D Sixty feet into the air, bitches! :moon:

:groupwave:

I figured 170 CFM for 6.25 ft sq. would cover it. :dunno:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Yeah, temps are up around my house, but i'm not gonna let it stop me!

I'm actually quite interested in how it'll effect the different strains,.... might have to adjust what I grow when by the control I have over the temps.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Update-o-rama

Update-o-rama

AK-47, day 70

picture.php

I'm thinking tomorrow is the day, .. Trichs are about 90% cloudy, probably ~10-15% amber..? Heck, just FEELS so damned long to let it go, ..

Headband, day 44

Not the most flattering shot, but hey. Ya'll git watcha git.

picture.php

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
That AK looks like it is still going - churning out new calyxes. If you have something to smoke you might consider letting it go another week or two.

Pine

silver hawaiian

Veteran
f*ck me running

f*ck me running

Came down this morning, .. Spider mites on the big Headband. Sonofabitch.

Found a couple small webs (smaller than my pinky nail) on some of the lower fans, .. Nothing on the buds, that I could see.

6 weeks in on this sonofabitchin' Headband too.

The other plants seem to be unaffected thus far.

Predator mites will be ordered, but can't place that 'til Monday, .. will arrive Tuesday.

At the first sign of any of these fuckers on the AK-47, that will be felled. Even considering chopping it today, ..

:cuss:

We'll see.