What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Nug is Sun Dried & Harsh - any Remedy besides Time ?

St. Phatty

I cut my first Nug for the 2019 season.

After 3 days on the windowsill, in the sun, it is dry.

bend a flowerette with the stalk, the stalk is brittle it breaks.

Dry, ready to smoke - sort of.

The one thing I hate about quick dried bud ==> it can be Harsh.

I don't really have a remedy. I will put the dry bud in a bag while I pick nugs off it. So the moisture might re-distribute a little. but it's still harsh.

I figure the best cure is, go visit a neighbor who might have harvested a week ago.

Oh well, just got to be patient.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
The cure is real. And I don't mean the band. I found a jar of some Venera Spyder that I forgot about, and it was good smoke when I harvested it, but holy cow it was so super smooth and tasty after 5 months of being jarred up. My biggest problem is getting ahead of the grow curve enough to keep smoking while I have something curing.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
The cure is real. And I don't mean the band. I found a jar of some Venera Spyder that I forgot about, and it was good smoke when I harvested it, but holy cow it was so super smooth and tasty after 5 months of being jarred up. My biggest problem is getting ahead of the grow curve enough to keep smoking while I have something curing.
... that right there :)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
There is a process going on in the green, long after it's been chopped. One that's converting bad taste (nitrites?) to good taste (weed?). It will continue until moisture levels drop to about 60%, then it's over. Putting moisture back won't get it going again.

You might be able to clean it up a bit. Osmosis of sorts. Soak a little spare in clean water, over night. It may taste better. Yellowing water is a good sign.

If you smoke a 7oz crop, then aim to grow 10. The last of that will be quite old when you smoke it. Next you will be smoking the half-crop-old stuff, that was grown while you smoked the first 10. Some of that second 10, might reach 3 crops old.

negative37dBA

Veteran

Yes that can be tough....but once you are there it is a beautiful thing...keep growing buddy. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts