What's new

First Indoor Landrace Grow

RenaissanceBrah

What's up guys, hope all is well.

Just wanted to create a thread to document [the tail end] of my first landrace grow, and seek help to make sure I don't screw it up (unless I already have 😅)

Seems to be going OK, but just wanted to check in if there's anything I should look out for.

To me the Michoacan x Zacatecas seems to foxtailing? Not sure. I harvested half of the plant as it was ready, and left the other half for seeds to mature (though not sure I even got much seeds...)

(They look kind of rough because they had heat stress while I was away for a few weeks and a friend was helping me take care of them).

Details:
- They are on day 113 of flower
- Growing in organic super soil
- Water with RO water, no nutes ever added
- 480W of 4000K Kingbrites
- 80F and 40% RH currently on average
- Seeds are all from Snowhigh

Panama Red:
panama1.jpg panama2.jpg

Punta Roja:
puntaroja1.jpg puntaroja2.jpg

Michoacan x Zacatecas:
mich1.jpg mich2.jpg mich3.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

grayeyes

Did you buy the michoacan x zacatecas as a cross? I would really like to find some michoacan that hasn't been polluted.

RenaissanceBrah

Did you buy the michoacan x zacatecas as a cross? I would really like to find some michoacan that hasn't been polluted.

I did, from Snowhigh.

I also got unaltered Michoacan seeds from Snow as well though, hoping to grow those out and make seeds next harvest.

Though I bought 10 seeds and sent 5 via mail to myself in Mexico (I live here and grow indoor here for myself), and looks like those seeds along with some others got lost in the mail and didn't make it :( ... Was real uncomfortable taking them on the plane with me across the border, but might be the only option next time, only got 5 of those seeds left. Gonna grow out the Michoacan and also maybe Chocolate Thai, maybe make a cross and preserve seeds as well.

BobChronic6505

I struggle with organic with regular 8 week strains, I couldn't imagine flowering for 6 months. Have you smoked these before? Curious to what the buzz is like

rolandomota

Veteran
They look hungry I think organic flowering teas at the end of flower are recommended with super soil but also it's made for fast flower hybrids 2 months flower so I think adding teas will help

grayeyes

My next to last grow outside was RSC Malawi Gold. I allowed it 21 weeks to mature. It still wasn't but I chopped it anyway. I can tell you I won't take 3 tokes and drive.

With indicas, greedy gets what greedy deserves. I have some 17 week Durban Poison I may grow next season. It is not the crap the seed sellers sell.

RenaissanceBrah

I struggle with organic with regular 8 week strains, I couldn't imagine flowering for 6 months. Have you smoked these before? Curious to what the buzz is like

I tried the Michoacan x Zacatecas so far, I should do a smoke report.

Happy, euphoric, uplifting, then later on after an hour or two feel the Zacatecas, more relaxed feeling.

With sativa landraces in general, you get a superb effect from what I hear, why I decided to try to start growing them out.

RenaissanceBrah

Btw guys, how is the grow looking, besides foxtailing?

Do you think they're near completion? I just have to wait for the white pistils to disappear, no? Then check trichomes

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi RB,

Give them two weeks more and with 10/14 ;)
(Pure sat indoor need switch 12/12 to 11/13 after preflower and 10/14 after stretch)

RenaissanceBrah

Some buds on the Panama Red look like they are drying up, I feel like maybe it is bud rot, and wanted to ask you guys.

Can you guys tell from these pics? Some of the buds look discolored (drying up?) compared to the rest of the plant. Not sure if perhaps it's something else.

Whole plant with lighter buds circled in red:

7.jpg

More pics:

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg

PS - Thanks Roms I will switch up light schedule, I think I'm 10.5/13.5 right now

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 55

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Your plant is simply too dry, severe stress by lack of water and too hot climat i think. Pure sativa needs serious watering in the last months, thirsty proportional to the quantity of stems and flowers, cheers! :)

TazTheBear

Some buds on the Panama Red look like they are drying up, I feel like maybe it is bud rot, and wanted to ask you guys.

Can you guys tell from these pics? Some of the buds look discolored (drying up?) compared to the rest of the plant. Not sure if perhaps it's something else.

Whole plant with lighter buds circled in red:

More pics:

PS - Thanks Roms I will switch up light schedule, I think I'm 10.5/13.5 right now

hey what’s up RenaissanceBrah how did your smoke off of this turn out?
did you ever make any crosses of the chocolate Thai??

RenaissanceBrah

hey what’s up RenaissanceBrah how did your smoke off of this turn out?
did you ever make any crosses of the chocolate Thai??

Smoked all 3, here's a summary:

Michoacan x Zacatecas (smaller plant): Fun, happy high, after an hour or two more relaxing. Christmas tree like smell, I liked it a lot. I think this one leaned more to the Michoacan side.

Michoacan x Zacatecas (larger plant): More on the relaxing side, I think this leans more Zacatecas. Decent smoke but not my favorite.

Punta Roja: Uplifting yet balanced, positive, easy to stay centered and clear headed, fun, I liked this one a lot. Only tried it once or twice, right after cutting, need to try more after curing.

Panama Red: Seemed a bit stoney for me, only tried it a few times though.

So far I liked the Punta Roja and Michoacan x Zacatecas (smaller pheno), for the next grow I'm thinking of growing a bunch of Michoacan seeds out, I only have 5 left (other 5 got lost in the mail trying to mail them to myself), so thinking of just growing them all out to preserve them. Maybe sprout one Chocolate Thai in there and try to make a cross with it. Still need to figure out how to manage my space, and the smallest feasible pots I can use to grow in.

Latest posts

Latest posts