What's new

First indoor 46 watt CFL

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Here is a report on my first indoor grow.

Soil: I am using a mixed soil consisting of pro-mix and a cactus blend soil (very good drainage)

Lighting: 2 X 23 watt CFL lamps for veg at 5K

Seed: a Blue Widow freebie

Nutes: home mix of sugars, slight acid (to balance PH of water), and schultz grow 24-8-16 at half mix, liquid calcium / molybdenum / strontium micro's, and an iodine / iron / magnesium / manganese / potassium / chromium / cobalt / lithium / nickel / vanadium / selenium / zinc micro's (kent marine essential elements designed for saltwater tanks) that i have used for years due to my keeping saltwater coral and no hydro shops near where i am located. (I like to buy local) and an essential amino-acid complex with vitamins (again designed for fish tanks but home brewed, I have degrees in Chemistry and Biology).

Time: 3 weeks from start of seed prep

plant is in 2.6 gallon container (10L)

1st pic (quarter is for size)

picture.php

another
picture.php

last one for now.
picture.php

I keep the lights on 18/6 time and always located close to the plant and pointing from a 45deg angle.

this is my first indoor grow and am looking to store my records on this site and to gain some insights into indoor gardening by gathering feedback.

I will try to keep this updated as much as possible
Thanks for looking.
Nice grow.

sorry - no more pics (camera broke)
ended up topping out at a little over 3 feet.
harvested early Oct. dried weight is 8oz. Nice lemon smell with an aftertaste of fruit. very "head" high.
I know this would have yielded better under some more wattage or good old sun power but was wanting to do a CFL indoor grow experiment. It works, better than I would have thought possible. low heat, low noise (no extra fans), low electric bill. no my #1(or#2) grow method but perfect for running some seed stock or for testing new strains before tying-up space in the main grow area for a strain you might not even like.

the box I used was a 2'X2'X3.5' foil lined cement board box. had holes cut in top for exhaust/filter hookup and a row of filter covered 3/4" holes around the bottom for fresh air intake. door was hinged to open upwards. Lights were mounted in "brooder lamp" fixtures mounted on braided wire so as to be adjustable for height as plant grew.
small circulating fan was placed on bottom pointing down the wall so as to make a vortex-like air current.