What's new

First harvest questions.

BigLaughter

Sorry to bother you again.But I have another question I hope to get some help with.
I been looking at many pictures here for how it should be looking.But what I got doesnt look the same.
Take a look at this....
picture.php

As you can se its all sticky and smells very nice.But it doesnt look anywere near the other pics I seen here.
Is the only way to know if its good to try it?

Also.....Since i want mine to look similar to the ones I seen here I wounder how much leafes I should cut off???
Should I remove all the frosty leaf´s as well (didnt removed the most frosty ones at the picture above)???
picture.php

Kind of tricky to remove some of the leaves since its so sticky.

umm, this thread confuses me. that first pic above of nothing but buds looks nothing like the previous pics or the pic below it. i don't claim to be an expert, but def think those are 2 diff strains or pics of bud entirely. how can you grow bud like this & not know how to cut a few leaves off either???

Norrath

both those pics look super leafy..the bottom one is clearly not close to done ^ . -

a GOOD indicator is the colour of the leaves showing depletion of nutrients...your harvested "buds" are still full with chlorophyll and look like theyre still trying to bloom

wait for them to plump up, they dont look particularly airy, theyre decent looking, but just not done.

i give all the frosty tips i cut from the buds/popcorn buds and trich'd leaves to my friend who turns them into edibles.. tis a good way to recycle trich encrusted tips

BigLaughter

Matanuskan....Im sorry if my lack of knowledge is close to nothing.This is my first grow, so Im learning as I go. All the pics in this thread is from the same plants (I had a few) and they are the same strain.But I had to move and replant them in pots because of risk of frost, so everything turned out different from what i read and seen.Thats why Im confused myself and have to ask.

NorrathNorrath....On the last picture above I allready cut off much of the fanleaves etc...Before I did that it was a bush.Many of them turned or was about to turn yellow.I also watched the pistills and even if it doesnt show on the pic above about 70% is orange.Also used a magnifier x45 and the thrichomes is turning from cloudy to colour. But I wait a bit longer to se how they turn out. Thanks. Just wanted someone elses opinion.