What's new

First Grow

Burnz

Well im planning out my first grow and right now im going to start off with the set up since I hardly know anything. So far I am going to be making a growroom out of wood and it is going to be about 2-3ft in height and im not that sure about depth. Now the help I need is what kind of lighting I should use. Im planning on growing some Lowryder x Blueberry at about 1-3 for my first time as well as what type of soil and setup for the fans I should use. Help would be greatly appreciated!

For lighting use a 150 or 250 watt hps , if hps is not a option use cfls

For ventaltion use pc fans to exhaust the air out of the cabinet and use passive intake.

For soil i recommend fox farms

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Good Luck on your first grow, it is so much fun I have grown lowrider twice, one is 6 weeks in flower now. My have been hearty and easy to grow.

Burnz

Alright Im starting to get the stuff to build the box. Will i need just one box or should i put in some shelves or something? What size should the fans be and how should I place them (im guessing exhaust by the light and intake or w.e by the plants?). And will a 150w HPS be enough for 1-3 plants?

Last edited:
Burnz said:
Alright Im starting to get the stuff to build the box. Will i need just one box or should i put in some shelves or something? What size should the fans be and how should I place them (im guessing exhaust by the light and intake or w.e by the plants?). And will a 150w HPS be enough for 1-3 plants?

One box will work but many people build a small utility chamber in the upper left hand part of their box to house the power strips and light ballast and etc.. i will be doing this just so incase theres a water leak all the electrical stuff is out of the way of the water.

The size of the fan isnt important but what is important is how many cfm's it is rated. Your air in your cabinet needs to be replaced 4 or more times per minute so just do the math. (cubic feet of cabinet x 4) will give you a number to go by when looking at fans. Dont skimp on ventilation its very important for ur plants growth.

150w HPS should grow 3-4 plants fine in my opinion.

Burnz

Thanks im gonna have to check it once i put my cabinet together. This week im going to get all the wood cut and all the other things im gonna need. Now I just gotta find the right soil to use or what to mix with it but im going to talk to one of my older hippy buddies who knows as well (I heard something about adding vitamin b to the soil helps it grow better?)

Im not sure i can get fox farms soil here in Toronto and I read somewhere here that they dont import it into Canada.

Latest posts

Latest posts