What's new

First grow white widow

krc

Hi to all ,

Firstly i'm sorry for my english, i don't know well,

This is my first grow , before starting i read too much here and after i bought white widow fem seeds from Nirvana , i planted them into directly to 13 litres pots on May 19,they popped up on May 23.

Where i live in, grow mediums are really limited . I tried for the best i can . I'm growing three plants -which is enough for a newbie- under 400w hps lights , i'm using a soil which is mix of coco,peatmoss also added cal-mag,dolomite and warm guano, and has 6.4 ph.Water i'm using has 6.4ph also.

I'm not feeding them yet, i think 10-15 later it will be.

Today one of the plants surprised me , i saw a second one popped up very close to it.I've never seen it before.What can that be and what should i do,I have no idea.

I have few pics but not in good quality.Hope it helps.

Comments are welcomed .

This is the problem , one seed two plants : )

2nbaceb.jpg

v32bro.jpg

LUDACRIS

Veteran
This often happens when you plant 1 seed sometimes you will have growth under the soil (from the stem) and it pops up as a set of cotyledons (seed leaves) but they will die and wont grow. But your grow looks good and just keep doing what you are doing and all should be fine and its looking like more pure indica on the hybrid strains.

(good luck),

LUDA.

MAD DAWG

I noticed that the blades are turning up. I'm growing nirvana white widow and mine did that same exact thing due to heat. I had to move my light farther away. My plant was a little bit farther along than yours. How close do you have that 400w and are you getting ventilation?

krc

This often happens when you plant 1 seed sometimes you will have growth under the soil (from the stem) and it pops up as a set of cotyledons (seed leaves) but they will die and wont grow. But your grow looks good and just keep doing what you are doing and all should be fine and its looking like more pure indica on the hybrid strains.

(good luck),

LUDA.

Thanks LUDACRIS : )

I noticed that the blades are turning up. I'm growing nirvana white widow and mine did that same exact thing due to heat. I had to move my light farther away. My plant was a little bit farther along than yours. How close do you have that 400w and are you getting ventilation?

Light is about 30 cm far from the plants, i will move it farther so , ventilation is on 24/7 but the growing room is generally hot , with minimum of 23 and maximum 30 degrees celcius.I try to keep it about 26-27 C

Last edited:

krc

First grow is going on with problems and need your help asap,

Today is the 17th day of the plants , i'm watering them every 3 or 4 days not more than 750 ml water.Is it so less ?

I'm waitin for your advices about all the plants ,

Here are the pics ;

#1 the most problem.
124vurr.jpg

21bsxdz.jpg

2h7qgw2.jpg

23u5x5z.jpg

ht8qhx.jpg

68gg2r.jpg

206d2xv.jpg

2vt13ds.jpg

dsc02867g.jpg

dsc02871s.jpg

And all together : )

dsc02906x.jpg

dsc02916s.jpg

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fisrt off mate...its all looking tight in here !!

as for the smaller plant growing in the pot.....it can happen that a seed trows 2 plants,those are called,plain and simple 'twins'.these will grow out of one seed and grow very close together...not even a inch appart. Nway if you don't sepperate these 'twins' one will be dominant over the other and will stay small or die along the way.....
so in this case i don't think its a twin...coz of the big distance between them.....maybe you just dropped a seed without knowing?
Nhow just sharing my :2cents: ;)

krc

Nothing wrong with those, matter of fact they look fantastic. Are you going to top or lst?

Thanks , i'm going to top one or two of them ,and the other one will be lst may be i'm not sure because of inexperince, i don't wanna harm it.
fisrt off mate...its all looking tight in here !!

as for the smaller plant growing in the pot.....it can happen that a seed trows 2 plants,those are called,plain and simple 'twins'.these will grow out of one seed and grow very close together...not even a inch appart. Nway if you don't sepperate these 'twins' one will be dominant over the other and will stay small or die along the way.....
so in this case i don't think its a twin...coz of the big distance between them.....maybe you just dropped a seed without knowing?
Nhow just sharing my

Hi , i'm sure that it's a twin cuz this is my very first grow and i just bought 5 strains , and i've 2 more in my hands right now : )

How should i seperate it ,should i cut or pull it ?

thal

If the twin is still small you can try and dig it out of the soil like a transplant. There are plenty of people who sprout a bunch of seeds in the same pot and then transplant them before they get too big.

Don't worry about hurting your plant with LST. Cannabis is one of the toughest most damage resistant plants on earth. About the only thing you can do to harm the plant is to break the main stem before the first node. Anything else and you could at least clone it out.

I remember reading an article in 2008 or so that talked about how Canadian troops in Afghanistan were trying to eliminate cannabis patches by burning them with diesel. The only problem was that the diesel wouldn't burn the plants down because they held so much water.

Your plants are looking great. During my first grow I topped them at about the same time. I think you may benefit from holding off on topping for a while. They plants are still pretty young. I would let them veg for at least another two weeks. During that time you can cut a branch to use as a clone so you don't lose your genetics.

You are on the right path though. Great work for a first grow. The hard part is being patient for the next 90-100 days while you flower, cut, and cure it.

My last piece of advice is to avoid taking sample buds. The plant will look pretty full a few weeks out from harvest, and after all the time you've spent you'll be eager to taste the. Try to avoid that temptation because once you've cut that first sampler you'll likely want to cut more and you can drastically reduce your overall yield.

krc

If the twin is still small you can try and dig it out of the soil like a transplant. There are plenty of people who sprout a bunch of seeds in the same pot and then transplant them before they get too big.

Don't worry about hurting your plant with LST. Cannabis is one of the toughest most damage resistant plants on earth. About the only thing you can do to harm the plant is to break the main stem before the first node. Anything else and you could at least clone it out.

I remember reading an article in 2008 or so that talked about how Canadian troops in Afghanistan were trying to eliminate cannabis patches by burning them with diesel. The only problem was that the diesel wouldn't burn the plants down because they held so much water.

Your plants are looking great. During my first grow I topped them at about the same time. I think you may benefit from holding off on topping for a while. They plants are still pretty young. I would let them veg for at least another two weeks. During that time you can cut a branch to use as a clone so you don't lose your genetics.

You are on the right path though. Great work for a first grow. The hard part is being patient for the next 90-100 days while you flower, cut, and cure it.

My last piece of advice is to avoid taking sample buds. The plant will look pretty full a few weeks out from harvest, and after all the time you've spent you'll be eager to taste the. Try to avoid that temptation because once you've cut that first sampler you'll likely want to cut more and you can drastically reduce your overall yield.

Thanks so much for your comments and advices, i'm so sorry that i have not more space to take clone or grow more,at the moment i just want to grow these as well as i can.I've been reading for a few days about topping and lst, just hesisating about when to do.

As you said i will let them 2 more weeks for vegging, today i'm starting to fertilize them with biobizz bio heaven and bio grow, topmax and bloom later in flowering.BTW should i feed them seperately, i mean mixing nutes cause any problems ?

Your last piece of advice is the hardest one to cope with but i'll try for the best smoke : )

Last edited:

thal

I don't have a lot of advice with regards to mixing nutes. My concern would be that you would have a hard time measuring the correct dose but I don't know. I am all organic so I use organic teas and those are always a mixture of things.

I would definitely wait to top. Why? As you know topping will allow the side branches of the plant to grow taller and longer than they would have when you didn't top, so you might as well let the plants get as many side branches on it as possible before topping. Topping does cause some stress for the plant so you want to do it before flowering. Top them five days before you put them into flower and the stretch will extend the branches.

krc

Hi to everybody ,

Widows have some problems , i fed them two times with 1 ml biogrow and 1ml bioheaven per one litre water , i also gave each one 1 litre water.Three days after second feeding here are the pics , is it nuteburn ? Additionaly i water and feed them every 4-5 days with a litre of water , i give same amounts all of them .

Need advices asap ,
Here are the pics ;

ipz8xv.jpg

2yn2qtz.jpg

5ev5uq.jpg

153713q.jpg

8yubh2.jpg

2do229.jpg

ossnwk.jpg

v835fa.jpg

2eehcpl.jpg

10xsxhu.jpg

:/

Ca$h

I have a few mexi bagseeds that are doing the same thing on the bottom leaves. they're now 4 weeks into 12/12 with budsites :D :tiphat:

presilia

They look great.
Its natural the a few old leaves will turn yellow. and in the late flower even to fall off.
the plants is sucking them and then get rid of them.

you are in the right direction!

HOZ

IMO if it's only a few lower leaves (like yours) that are yellowing it's not a deficiency or anything to worry about.

Looking nice and healthy man! Good luck

krc

IMO if it's only a few lower leaves (like yours) that are yellowing it's not a deficiency or anything to worry about.

Looking nice and healthy man! Good luck

Yes only the lower leaves yellowed , when i touch them for cutting , they just came down , broken from the main stem , so not the leaves only , the branch was broken down . (so sorry for english , i hope i explained well )

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those pictures are freaking huge - i would like to see them but my screen isnt that big

:tumbleweed: