What's new

First grow...Where did I go wrong?

fishwater

I use pint jars, dry buds until they seem dry, but the stem still bends.. Dry in a dark cool place, sometimes for 2 weeks.

But here is the secret. Once you jar them, open up everyday for a week, and blow in them to exchange the air. The carbon dioxide and moisture in your breath helps bring on the cure.

If things dont change in a week, keep doing it. I can make alfalfa smell good doing that.......

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
should have given plain PH'd water for last 14 days 1 wk plain water isnt enough even for all organic grow. only time my buds see a jar is
1. i'm driven to a friends house

outside of that they only see zip lock freezer bags
if they get to dry before i bag them i place them into a oven roaster bag and a humidor tab from smoke shop.

all mine have very distinct tastes and smells right off the plant a cure only brings out the taste and smells mucho more.

i cut most strains i keep and run at 50 days some would say wow thats early. 10 days off the plant in the bags you would never know it was taken 2 wks early

taste is in the genitics and amount of time in flush
i take a fan leaf and chew the stem if it's bitter then needs to go longer on plain water. but if it's sweet tastes like water and ready to eat then it's ready to be choped

señorsloth

Veteran
i cut most strains i keep and run at 50 days some would say wow thats early. 10 days off the plant in the bags you would never know it was taken 2 wks early
would you say a lot of indoor blackmarket growers do this? i just wonder because it's rare that you see ripe street weed around here in my state, and i suppose what people call beasters are crops picked even earlier than 7 weeks?

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
would you say a lot of indoor blackmarket growers do this? i just wonder because it's rare that you see ripe street weed around here in my state, and i suppose what people call beasters are crops picked even earlier than 7 weeks?
personally i wouldnt know i'm registered mmj patient in my state but dont grow for the illeagel dispensarys. few members on this forum have smoked my goods and cant believe how good it is.

heres a kicker i dont hang or jar i trim all large water leaves off into 1 pile. all large fans with trics into another pile cut buds to almost size and place into large brown paper bag. after 3 days i flip the pile in the bag 2-3 more days im manicuren it and place into large freezer ziploc bag. 10 days total off plant nitriates have purged and ya wouldnt know it was cut @ 50 days

i do this every singel time i chop

now it's in a large brown paper bag

OGShush

High heat may have had something to do with it, mine has only gotten to 87F at the absolute hottest so I've never experience this problem, but maybe a lack of sulfur? Sulfur is said to be a key component in terpine synthesis, so maybe a diet lacking in sulfur could be to blame?

I've seen many-a-bag of some hay smellin' shit (also baled a lot of hay, so good amount of knowledge to cross reference) and every time it was speed dried/early bud and it always had that dullard look to match. I have incredibly low humidity, if the humidifier runs dry I'm under 20% in five hours. I had one branch I took early dry crispy in about two days because I wasn't around to refill the humidifier and after a month in the jar it seems no worse for the wear.

greenops

personally i wouldnt know i'm registered mmj patient in my state but dont grow for the illeagel dispensarys. few members on this forum have smoked my goods and cant believe how good it is.

heres a kicker i dont hang or jar i trim all large water leaves off into 1 pile. all large fans with trics into another pile cut buds to almost size and place into large brown paper bag. after 3 days i flip the pile in the bag 2-3 more days im manicuren it and place into large freezer ziploc bag. 10 days total off plant nitriates have purged and ya wouldnt know it was cut @ 50 days

i do this every singel time i chop

now it's in a large brown paper bag

thats really interesting. You prove that picking too early doesnt effect the flavor as much as other factors.
So u paper bag the buds right after the chop? doesnt it increase the risk of mold? do u cut the whole plant or the individual branches?

High heat may have had something to do with it, mine has only gotten to 87F at the absolute hottest so I've never experience this problem, but maybe a lack of sulfur? Sulfur is said to be a key component in terpine synthesis, so maybe a diet lacking in sulfur could be to blame?

I've seen many-a-bag of some hay smellin' shit (also baled a lot of hay, so good amount of knowledge to cross reference) and every time it was speed dried/early bud and it always had that dullard look to match. I have incredibly low humidity, if the humidifier runs dry I'm under 20% in five hours. I had one branch I took early dry crispy in about two days because I wasn't around to refill the humidifier and after a month in the jar it seems no worse for the wear.

hmmm good info about sulfur. I think i do use well balanced nutrients. Plagron Grow as my basic, and I add some green sensation and molasses.

LOw humidity is also my problem, now that its winter the humidity can be 20-30%.

Latest posts

Latest posts