What's new

First grow, tiny cab w/CFL's

E

eclurker

Woohoo! Whenever I repot I see explosive growth, hope you do too! Hope to see some big girls soon from you! Good luck!

SuperHemp

Thanks eclurker for your uplifting words.. :)

I put in two new seeds just now to see how it goes. Different strain (C99).. this time I'm trying some different things. This means no close lights initially, no early nutes, no crazy amount of hydroton balls mixed into the soil, and I planted them straight in the soil.. I handled the seeds kinda roughly once they cracked the last time, they might not have liked my poorly washed fingers (germinated in a cup of water last time, both seeds cracked). I've not been growing long but still feel I've learned a lot. After some experimenting I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

This time I'm trying soil straight out of the bag which I've worked with my fingers to get as airy as possible, planted seeds around 1/2" in, added a little water, then some more bag soil on top (around 1/2").. because the watering exposed the seed (soil sunk around the seed). So soil directly around the seed is wet, and the soil on top of the seed and around in the pot is bag-moist. I have a good feeling this time.

E

eclurker

Cindy is a great girl, very good choice indeed! Which breeder made your c99? They are a very sought after item. Every grow is a learning experience. Maintain your open mind and positive attitude and you will do fine. Are you still growing out you other plants? Did you transplant them? Id love to see some pics. I just harvested my BUKU f2 yesterday. What a girl she was, I have never flowered anything for so long. I got some mandala hashberry seedlings, and two bag seed plants going atm along with some buku clones. My one bag seed has got some serious crinkle, its wild, and my small hashberry is a trifoliate. Happy growing.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
SuperHemp said:
I put in two new seeds just now to see how it goes. Different strain (C99).

I too am a big fan of C-99. :jump: (Only strain that I just HAD to go looking on the internet for more information.)

Yes, which breeder did you get your beans from? They're in very short supply these days....

Good luck on getting your grow going. It's definitely worth it!

SuperHemp

Hmm they're still not up from the soil, I'm giving them a week before I go back to my old germination method with soaking. The C99's are joey weeds..

The old plants have resumed growing.. not very fast, but last night they appear to have grown a bit. I'm ph'ing the water now a bit, just below 7 or so (my tap ph is 8.2).

Here's the big one

And the retard

Retard looks bigger on the pic than it really is, it looks a lot smaller than the good one IRL.

E

eclurker

Hey superhemp, glad to hear from you again. I have heard good things about joey weed, I hope you have some new ladies soon! Your seedlings look really healthy. It seems like their growth is slowed, but remember this is your first go round. You have learned, and next time during this early and critical stage you will be better equipped to take care of them. Which should hasten their growth. Congrats seriously, you are doing great. Happy growing!

Last edited:

SuperHemp

eclurker said:
Hey superhemp, glad to hear from you again. I have heard good things about joey weed, I hope you have some new ladies soon! Your seedlings look really healthy. It seems like there growth is slowed, but remember this is your first go round. You have learned, and next time during this early and critical stage you will be better equipped to take care of them. Which should hasten their growth. Congrats seriously, you are doing great. Happy growing!

Thanks again eclurker! :jump:

Look at her today! Compare to yesterdays pic. She's growing like a weed.. I think she'll be allright. Her burnt cousin is looking good too.

SuperHemp

One more pair of leaves today.. yay. No pics ATM..

Anyway they really smell, and not the kind of cannabis smell I'm used to. I'm used to moroccan hash which kind of smells like pine or pine-y, earthy.. the plants has a stinging smell, kind of like spice herbs.. lemongrass maybe, or more like stinging nettles with a lemon hint. They started smelling yesterday just a little and i could really smell it if i rubbed the leaves a bit, but today the cabinet really reeks (on the inside!).

The ghetto carbon filter is working great though, can hardly get a whiff of the stingy smell with my noise right up against the fan outlet. The smell is so faint I'm wondering if it's just psyhcological.

Also, my dog seems to love the plants, always tries to sniff them.. I won't let him though, he might carry pests.

I have four or five nodes now, wish me luck

SDOG

SuperHemp said:
One more pair of leaves today.. yay. No pics ATM..

Anyway they really smell, and not the kind of cannabis smell I'm used to. I'm used to moroccan hash which kind of smells like pine or pine-y, earthy.. the plants has a stinging smell, kind of like spice herbs.. lemongrass maybe, or more like stinging nettles with a lemon hint. They started smelling yesterday just a little and i could really smell it if i rubbed the leaves a bit, but today the cabinet really reeks (on the inside!).

The ghetto carbon filter is working great though, can hardly get a whiff of the stingy smell with my noise right up against the fan outlet. The smell is so faint I'm wondering if it's just psyhcological.

Also, my dog seems to love the plants, always tries to sniff them.. I won't let him though, he might carry pests.

I have four or five nodes now, wish me luck

Good job man. Brings back memories of my first time. I think your doing better then i did to be honest. So far reading over the thread the only thing i would stress is to make sure you have you ph down from 8.2 to atleast 6.5. This is most likely what stalled your growth and burnt your leaves. Seems like you have figured it out though so just keep doing what your doing. :rasta:

SuperHemp

Alright.. some new pics.. :rasta:

This is the biggest..

This is the one i burnt with light..

New seedlings.. these look great

Here's a problem..

I dunno.. yesterday temps were down to 65 degrees at lights on and the plants looked sad and droopy. This discoloration happened overnight. I have not fed nutes for god knows how long. I'm wondering if i could have fed a little low ph water yesterday. Or the nutrients in the soil is used up. They have reasonably good roots now, I am gonna repot them but i have some beneficial fungi coming in the mail so i hoped i could wait till i get them (rootgrow).

Also, they really reek. The CF can't handle it too well anymore.

Last edited:
E

eclurker

Hey SH! Been damn busy with the holidays and what not. Glad to see you progressing along. Are you using a heat mat or a reptile mat at night? I use one if my night temps are low. You dont need to keep it on at all times you can just heat a big jug -o- water. What fertilizer are you going to be using, and what is your application process like (how much per gallon etc.)? Keep it up and happy growing!

Last edited:

SuperHemp

More pics! Been a while.. sorry.

Some LST has been going on.. it's awesome really.

Here are the C99 babies.. they've gone without water for too long twice now.. they take drought rather well though

I tried to shoot some pics to see sex.. didn't work too well, good thing i don't earn a living photographing genitals

Here's the other big one

So blurry..

E

eclurker

Whats up superhemp? Hope things are good. If you are still around id love to see some updates.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
hey buddy that rust looks like calcium. If your root zone is a little chilly the plants can have a hard time absorbing calcium. Good luck