What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow finished

mrjim5000

Currently curing my first grow! Had 2 girls, both Nirvana NLxShiva.

I have one of them currently jar'd up, and one of them waiting for me to buy a jar :)

The smoke is very sweet, and gives you a nice gentle high that creeps up on you them, wham, you are stoned :) Made some space cake with the lower buds and trim, and i dont think i've been that stoned since my first year at uni :D :D

I was quite suprised how much the buds shrank when i dried them, but some of them are still pretty beefy. I had to chop up my main colas to fit them in the jar :(

Pics are abit blurrey unfortunatly, because i just have a cheap digicamera, so i cant get up close budshots...

Anyway, heres the shots:

Heres the 2 girls they came from:

Creeptic

congrats on your first harvest :woohoo:

cant wait til my first one is done (about 2 weeks)

how'd you find the whole manicuring process? what u expected? more tedious then u expected?

that reminds me, i have to go buy some fiskars today..

happy smoking :joint:

mrjim5000

The manicuring was abit annoying, but it only took anout half an hour for each plant, i didnt trim them down too close to the bud as alot of the leaves had tricomes on them.

They were grown under 250w HPS start to finish, vegged for 1 month, and flowered for 8 weeks. Could of probably done with another week or so of flowering to be honest...

i got some nlxshiva beans and was wondering your ratio of female to male and also the odor? was it stinky? just curious if i should start these next or try another? looks awesome tho!!!! i can't wait!!!

mrjim5000

I only germinated 4 plants, and got 2 girls. They were grown with AD nutes. Tbh, i didnt really measure the nutes or water, i just mixed some in with 2L of water in a cider bottle and poured it on.

The cure is really making a difference, i'm smoking it as i cure it, and i can definatly notice the odour and sweetness changing. one of the jars stank horribly for ages, but is getting nice now...

The plants didnt smell at all when growing. I chose a low odour strain, but wish i had chosen something with at least some nice skunky smell :)

good to kno i just planted bubblicious now i got nl x shiva and white rhino and k2. i wish i knew earlier today i would of went with the nl x shiva i wanted a low odor strain.
i heard the nl x shiva tastes like coffee? is that true? oh well soon enough i will start again lol

mrjim5000

Got a decent camera for the weekend, so i thought id put up my final pictures from my first grow.

These are the buds from my 2 girls (minus 3 batches of cannabutter, and a fair bit of smoking), after 2 weeks of curing....

The smoke is sweet, it leaves a bubblegummy flavour in the back of your mouth, and the smell is getting nicer and more skunky by the day...

I've just germed my next grow (another 4 nl x shiva seeds), which will hopefully be even better with everything i've learnt from this grow.

Just a final thing; Smoking your own is amazing. Peace.

medicaluser420

mrjim5000 said:
Just a final thing; Smoking your own is amazing.

:woohoo: You said it once you have have tasted sweet success you never want to go back to buying all though it is needed sometimes. great harverst enjoy those sweet buds.

bloodshot

Were you growing those beside your bed? Now thats a thing to wake up to, nice harvest from two plants though it looks like you should have gotten more, unless you smoked some before you posted.

Latest posts

Latest posts