What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow Ever (L.E.D.)

Hey man I wanted to give insight on those diy/fungus based co2 solutions.

At first I was supplementing with bottles of sugar water + yeast, and with two of those bubbling at once, they'd be about 700ppm max (4x4 tent) for the first few days then drop back to ambient levels give or take. They were constant refilling, pita. We also tried the myko bags. The larger sized ones bring you up to about 850ppm in the same size tent but are also regulated by temp. Which is pretty cool cuz as your plants get hotter and could benefit from the co2, it is delivered somewhat linearly. Stays at about 800 the first couple weeks, then tapers off to 600 by the second month. These could be a solution adding one bag at flip and a second at halfway done with week three, then both would taper back to ambient (prob a Lil higher) by flush or harvest.

So I can recommend them. Good bang for buck. :) although tanks + programmable regulaters with ppm meters built in are the way to go. Much higher investment cost, but gas costs less than sugar and yeast in the quantity needed to be comparable, and costs less than those myko bags. Though not by much. The only issue with the myko bags is they can fluctuate with temp, meaning too much co2 (waste) or not enough co2 (possible problem for plants).

Food for thought.

Also, you mentioned rotating the plants thru the flor/led mix... is this like a daily thing? Or does each plant get a couple under-led hours per day?

I'm thinkin if it's the first, it could be stressing your plants by changing the spectrum so much, and forcing them to adapt. I definitely recommend even spectrum/ let them get used to one and keep it. Your buds just look pretty leafy, which is probably just genetic, or lack of watts. I'm gonna say once again, I do believe you need to get more panels in there. One spectrum, no rotating necessary, no stress, more watts

All this equals more weight. :) I hope this is good conversation and just is what works for me. :) somebody correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Dnice

Hey man I wanted to give insight on those diy/fungus based co2 solutions.

At first I was supplementing with bottles of sugar water + yeast, and with two of those bubbling at once, they'd be about 700ppm max (4x4 tent) for the first few days then drop back to ambient levels give or take. They were constant refilling, pita. We also tried the myko bags. The larger sized ones bring you up to about 850ppm in the same size tent but are also regulated by temp. Which is pretty cool cuz as your plants get hotter and could benefit from the co2, it is delivered somewhat linearly. Stays at about 800 the first couple weeks, then tapers off to 600 by the second month. These could be a solution adding one bag at flip and a second at halfway done with week three, then both would taper back to ambient (prob a Lil higher) by flush or harvest.

So I can recommend them. Good bang for buck. :) although tanks + programmable regulaters with ppm meters built in are the way to go. Much higher investment cost, but gas costs less than sugar and yeast in the quantity needed to be comparable, and costs less than those myko bags. Though not by much. The only issue with the myko bags is they can fluctuate with temp, meaning too much co2 (waste) or not enough co2 (possible problem for plants).

Food for thought.

Also, you mentioned rotating the plants thru the flor/led mix... is this like a daily thing? Or does each plant get a couple under-led hours per day?

I'm thinkin if it's the first, it could be stressing your plants by changing the spectrum so much, and forcing them to adapt. I definitely recommend even spectrum/ let them get used to one and keep it. Your buds just look pretty leafy, which is probably just genetic, or lack of watts. I'm gonna say once again, I do believe you need to get more panels in there. One spectrum, no rotating necessary, no stress, more watts

All this equals more weight. :) I hope this is good conversation and just is what works for me. :) somebody correct me if I'm wrong. :p

I rotate them every 4-7 days... they are more leafy because i didnt start pushing bloom nutes till 30 days but bud density is not a problem as said before plants harvested prematurely all came out with over a ounce dry or atleast... to me theres no failure cause i only needed 16 which i will have more then that if things keep as planned I did decide to push harvest till sunday. Which will make 75 days... i did more plants so i didnt have to worry about max yield the only factor is dank bud:peacock:

Dnice

Day 73 update:

Attachments

• 20150925_122917.jpg
    20150925_122917.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150925_122950.jpg
    20150925_122950.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20150925_123017.jpg
    20150925_123017.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150925_123041.jpg
    20150925_123041.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150925_123135.jpg
    20150925_123135.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 8

Dnice

Day 73:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20150925_123322.jpg
    20150925_123322.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20150925_123303.jpg
    20150925_123303.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20150925_123232.jpg
    20150925_123232.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 9

Dnice

I came back with 1 1/2 dry after harvesting t1 and salvaging t2 due to a situation. (Not grow related)

Attachments

• 20151013_135600.jpg
    20151013_135600.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20151013_135613.jpg
    20151013_135613.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20151013_135625.jpg
    20151013_135625.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 9
Niiiiiiiice 1.5lbs! I had about 1/3 your success rate my first grow.

I'm hoping I got you beat this round. One of my tents is gettin scaaaary lol

Nice fucken gro bro, whens the next round popping?

Gonna try those bovedas myself this round too!

Dnice

Niiiiiiiice 1.5lbs! I had about 1/3 your success rate my first grow.

I'm hoping I got you beat this round. One of my tents is gettin scaaaary lol

Nice fucken gro bro, whens the next round popping?

Gonna try those bovedas myself this round too!

Hopefully soon bro... the bovedas are excellent! Wish i could have finished my second tent would have probably yielded 3lbs... when i do start back up gonna do 12p six per tent i think i could achieve more or the same from less... good luck on your grow let me know how it turned out:biggrin:

Dnice

Will be starting a new grow.... heres the specifics
3 diesel berry auto/ 3 cream manderine auto
7 gallon pots
Promix
2 advanced led xte300
4×4 tent
2 4 inch carbon filters
2 6 inch intakes
Nectar for the gods nutrients full line
will drop beans tonight will keep posted

Will be starting a new grow.... heres the specifics
3 diesel berry auto/ 3 cream manderine auto
7 gallon pots
Promix
2 advanced led xte300
4×4 tent
2 4 inch carbon filters
2 6 inch intakes
Nectar for the gods nutrients full line
will drop beans tonight will keep posted

doubling up the vent should keep your temps more in check :) good plan man. cant wait to see the next one. im almost finished with my second grow, maybe ill post some pics back in my thread... its been like 2 wks since i updated

Dnice

doubling up the vent should keep your temps more in check :) good plan man. cant wait to see the next one. im almost finished with my second grow, maybe ill post some pics back in my thread... its been like 2 wks since i updated

Yea I let everything run for a while temp stays at about 72.... already dropped my beans and i have incorporated 4( 6inch oscillating fans)

Just start a new one, as long as no one else posts here, your thread will get buried with the rest until it's one day stumbled upon by someone searching for something that happens to be in this thread.

72 seems awesome. Should put your leaf temps at about 75-77 with leds I'd imagine

Good plan man feel free to pm me a link to your next thread. :)

Dnice

Just start a new one, as long as no one else posts here, your thread will get buried with the rest until it's one day stumbled upon by someone searching for something that happens to be in this thread.

72 seems awesome. Should put your leaf temps at about 75-77 with leds I'd imagine

Good plan man feel free to pm me a link to your next thread. :)

Most certainly will pm you... always appreciate the good feedback