What's new

First Grow, Any and All Input Welcomed

Eijneb

My man your the first horse out the gate, and you got a strong lead! This is an amazing first grow, and you dont really need any help from where I'm standing... Ohh like everyone else said, molasses plain water feedings from here to chop.

Only advice I could give is to switch to HPS next run, 250 or 400 should rock your world. Heck with a 400 you could do 4 of them bushes, think about it. I cant even believe this was done with cfl's.

One more thing is, in the first pic.... the chicken wire looks like it may have some rust along the edges? Might want to switch to something else next time? Maybe something with a plastic coating? Dunno not the scrog expert here...

Chris420

thanks Eijneb, and yeah that is rust you are seeing. The only chicken wire I could find was outside at my house and got some rain on it. I could be wrong but I dont think having a little rust is too detrimental to the plant, but if anyone knows for sure I would like to know. I should probably give it a good spray painting and that should at least cover it up.

So I can see my plant is shifting from the deeper green in the pictures to more of a lighter, yellowish tinted green. Also still have quite a few green hairs and clear trichs, with the occasional amber ones here and there. It has been about 11 days since I last gave my plant any nutrients. I haven't noticed any major growth.. at least vertically, I am pretty sure they are getting a bit fatter, but I would love to seem them get a bit taller.

Stay tuned ill try to get some pictures in before I chop.

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
If its her last couple of weeks she shouldnt really have any vertical growth left in her. She should fill in and plump up though. Next time feed up until your last week and use a flushing agent such as clearex the last week. That way you can feed em almost to the end and still give em a good flush. Watering to flush the last couple weeks works too but i have noticed better results with feeding the second to last week. Way better trich overage. Dont think the rust should affect anything either. If you do see some on a nug i would remove it though just in case. Keep it green

SuperBudz

Smoke Two Joints In The Morning!
ICMag Donor
Your doing a wonderful job for your first grow, Keep up the good work. Don't pick that girl to early.

Chris420

Well it is day 55 now and I have some picture updates. The colors seem to be fading to yellow, and I have got some yummy purple forming on the buds and the leaves on the colas.

When looking under the microscope, if I look at the leaves on the colas they have probably 1/3 amber, but they are very small trichomes compared to the ones on the actual bud. The ones on the actual buds are about 1/20 amber and mostly cloudy. I was thinking I would give them another 4-5 days and take half and gives the rest about 10 more days. The colas toward the outsides of the plant(I believe they would be considered the "top" of the plant if I didn't use the screen), seem to still have quite a bit of green left in them and they seem to show SLIGHTLY less amber and fully cloudy trichomes. So if I clip a few this weekend I will probably cut the ones in the middle and give the outside ones a few more days to ripen up.

Well, here are the new pictures, starting with my new favorite :)

53470IMG_0131.jpg

53470IMG_0141.jpg

53470IMG_0142.jpg

53470IMG_0143.jpg

53470IMG_0147.jpg

53470IMG_0149.jpg

53470IMG_0150.jpg

53470IMG_0151.jpg

53470IMG_0154.jpg

53470IMG_0156.jpg

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
wow, bad ass. nice grow- do that again with a 400w hid and put your seatbelt on bc u are gonna be in for a ride. I dont think i can train my plant like that you have nice skills. those buds look frosty i bet your yeild is about 4 oz's. ppl say you can't guess yield but im pretty good at it around here. I counted 17 1/4 oz colas. You do the math, and i didn't even see the whole plant. You still have a little bit more time, wait until you get at least 10% amber trichs on the buds themselves. you are doing a good flush just keep doing what your doing. nice work K+

Chris420

I really would like to grow with a higher intensity light but with the setup I have pretty much the only viable upgrade is to a 150watt HPS.

And thanks for the guess on yield NorCal but I think you would adjust your guess if you saw a better reference alongside the colas. The colas range from 2.5 inches to 4.5 inches and even tho its my first time I would be shocked if the colas were more than 4-5 grams each. But I sure hope I am wrong and you are right, my dream goal with this setup would be 2 oz's, maybe a bit more once I get a good pheno and have two plants running in my box instead of just one larger one.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Damn good looking plant man. She is filling in nicely. Onle a lil more time and you will have some fat nuggets to smoke on.