What's new

First grow - 250W Stealth Closet, Bagseed, 100% coco

Fattie

nice job with that 250 bro. I didn't expect for them to swell that big like that for a second.

Is that bagseed from some mexibrick or from something better?

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
nice first grow man..the bagseed seems like a good seed.
great work, great buds! and good luck with the lemon haze!
:good:

Taxman

fonzee said:
What size of pot are you using?
I think it's around 3 gallons. It was the biggest one I could find at the Dollar Store and it's being retired after this grow for some 1.5 gallon air pots.

Noobian said:
Looks very nice Tman. Can I offer a word of advice though? If I were you I would lower the light down maybe another 6-8 inches. Your girls really stretched out looking for the light, if you lower it down a bit, instead of them growing so tall from stretching they will be more bushier and the buds will be more dense. Keep it as close as you can without burning the tips and you are good to go. Aside from that minor thing you're doing an excellent job with your closet grow, I love seeing what people are doing with their 250's. Can't wait to see the harvest shots!
Thanks man! Yeah about the light, it's hard to see in the pictures -- there is very little room between the top of the canopy and the light. At least there was... after this swell the buds have started to sag due to the weight and I'm doing my best to keep it tied up and managed (I did lower my light a few notches actually just last night).

I totally agree with you that stretch got outta control. I didn't (successfully) top, FIM, or prune this girl at all -- instead I just tied the main cola down and then the taller branches dominated. The plant itself is a twisted mess, it's taking up way too much space. I'm so stoked to get it out of there and start again, using my space more efficiently this time.
Fattie said:
nice job with that 250 bro. I didn't expect for them to swell that big like that for a second.

Is that bagseed from some mexibrick or from something better?
Thanks man, after seeing all the 250W threads around here I knew I made the right decision for my needs. Now I just need to get a scrog going for my next round.

The bagseed was probably from a fairly good bag. The stuff from my buddy never has a name, but it's consistently good. Once in a while I'll find one or two seeds. I've had a bunch of them just sitting in a tin for a couple years.

tjo said:
nice first grow man..the bagseed seems like a good seed.
great work, great buds! and good luck with the lemon haze!
Thanks! I'm stoked for the lemon haze. I like the look of the bagseed so much that I'm going to keep cloning it. I'll know for sure after I sample some of it. :D

Wish I knew what it was...

Lookin' good man. I'm surprised how much she filled out.

You could'a kept one of the males and harvested pollen from him to pollinate one of the lower popcorn buds to preserve the genetics if you ended up liking it.

Awesome grow ! Just read from front to end, (not very long I know, but...lol), after dropping in off the link in your sig (from visiting your new thread) - this looks killer - like a couple others mentioned: I can't believe the buds filled out so much - they're like spears! "Awesome!" again!

Now I have really high hopes for your SLH & Tangerine Dream, since it is apparent that you know what you are doing there! :)

-SinSe

<edit>K+ for the pics and descriptions, I enjoyed it a lot!</edit>

Last edited:

Taxman

Harvest Report

Well, the numbers are in. I harvested four branches on May 4th and the rest on May 7th and hung them to dry. Trichomes were mostly cloudy, a few amber. Unfortunately I left the May 7th batch hanging too long before putting them into the mason jars for curing (as per the big-ass-thread in the Harvesting and Curing forum here); they're too brittle and likely won't cure properly (humidity in the jars for that batch is 47%, whereas the May 4th batch is currently stable at around 57% RH and smelling much nicer).

Here are some pics of the buds after trimming. They look nice and juicy here but they lost a lot of weight and they're not as dense as I expected:
eMIKwl.jpg

c2aEbl.jpg

Here's the collection. These are 500mL jars and I managed to fill 7 of them with the one plant. Dry weight was 82 grams when it was all said and done.
qvRKLl.jpg

Here are some closer gratuitous bud shots:
i1P9Yl.jpg

d1jcxl.jpg

T9X44l.jpg

That's it! I've got three more of this strain in the flowering tent right now but I'm not going to bother documenting them this time around. Instead I'll just be updating my Tangerine Dream and Super Lemon Haze thread once flowering starts! That's a month or two away still.

As for the smoke report, it tastes pretty good. Not the greatest smoke I've had, but definitely not the worst! It burns completely, leaving normal grey ash. The high is very sativa-like as I expected. After the current three ladies of this strain are done, I won't grow any more of them.

Thanks for reading and for your responses!