What's new

First Grow - 150W hps Cabinet Bagseeds

etncrew

also, are my 12" pots going to big enough, they probably hold 2 gallons of soil....should i repot them? should i worry about doing this in flowering.

both plants look healthier now though i'm going to need to adjust my light asap. i wish i had rewired the ballast so i could just hang it on chains instead of the way i have now where i just move up the entire shelf itself...oh well....

i think i'm just worry about them right now because i'm stoned. haha :joint:

mg00c

lookin good etn. that 4 hour power outage shouldnt affect them too much just try to put as little stress as possible on them so they can make a sort of recovery. Plants are lookin nice though. nice and squat and bushy. keep up the good work.

Peace,
m

green_grow

Veteran
a 12" pot should be plenty big enough . try to avoid transplanting when in flower; in fact, try to have the last transplant done a week or so before flowering, so that it's all settled in, unstressed, and ready to pump out flowers.

Last edited:

etncrew

mg00c said:
lookin good etn. that 4 hour power outage shouldnt affect them too much just try to put as little stress as possible on them so they can make a sort of recovery. Plants are lookin nice though. nice and squat and bushy. keep up the good work.

Peace,
m
hey mg00c!

whoah is that a load off my mind! my fiance came home to find the power out and immediately she went to check on my grow show. she phoned me freaking out so i told her how to put the timer on manual override to get the lights going again. what a great girl she is!

anyway, bought a good ph meter, found one at petsource of all places. runoff today after watering was about 6.4. i just gave them straight up RO water (which has the perfect pH i found out) this time, and i have a batch of feed mixed up for next watering with the pH pre-adjusted. the plants are looking really good actually, no more ripped leaves, and no more spots anywhere :) :)

the taller of the two plants will probably need to be tied down somehow, because the budsites are really starting to stretch to the light. i'm not really sure how to do this so any suggestions/tips/references to threads would be awesome.

lights go off in half an hour, i'm gonna go snap some pics for you folks :rasta:

green_grow

Veteran
looking good from here .
to tie down the branches you can use pieces of string, held in place by a rubber band around the pot. i use steel washers or nuts, tied to the branches with pieces of string . works great !

etncrew

green_grow said:
looking good from here .
to tie down the branches you can use pieces of string, held in place by a rubber band around the pot. i use steel washers or nuts, tied to the branches with pieces of string . works great !
this is a perfect example as to why i users of the devils weed are some of the most ingenious people around. i'm going to use half inch brass pex plumbing fittings, as i am a plumber i have easy access to them, the 90 degree bends will work perfect for tying a knot around and they are about the right weight!

when should i start training? and i should only tie down the budsite shoots right? they probably have a proper name...but these is a bud sight right (grew from internode)?

thanks for the idea green grow! i thought about doing a scrog but i think that i could get better yields with some light trainging/tying things down....plus i like to look at/examine the plants and tying down provides me the perfect opportunity to do that :) some budsite shoots are like 8 inches long especially the lower ones

etncrew

new pics tomorrow as actual buds are forming. going to do some weighing down on the taller plant like you suggested green grow

etncrew

should i trim away light blocking fan leaves? or just tuck them away?

how about trimming away lower shoots that won't have a hope in hell of developing into decent buds?

green_grow

Veteran
just tuck the fan leaves away. i will defer to a more experienced "trimmer" to answer the 2nd question, but i think most people do it during veg.; i do more training than trimming.

etncrew

thanks again for the reply green grow

i used your technique for training them, the taller, skinnier of the two is starting to bend toward the light nicely now, it looks like it'll produce more bud, at least the buds are bigger, sooner.

i'm waiting for the shortier bushier of the two to start flowering full on, but pistil development isn't near as fast as the other.

i was just tucking away the fan leaves on the taller plant and one busted off, oh well.....more light for the buds underneat :)

etncrew

bought some organic blackstrap unsulphered molasses and fed the two girls about a half teaspoon of it per 2L of water....heard that is a great aid in flowering as its pretty much pure carb energy, we'll see how it works

F

FishHead

Trimming lower shoots

Trimming lower shoots

etncrew,

I always trim the lower shoots as soon as I see they will get crowded out. Why let the plant waste time and energy on that, I figure. Seems like they could focus their energy on making bigger buds up top. Looks like it works but then again I've not reached expert status....yet.

Fish

etncrew

that was my logical reasoning too...why should the plant waste energy trying to grow something thats not getting enough light anyway.

in other news my light has to be raised again. the taller of the two plants stretched alot, i hope it settles down soon, because i'm running out of room in my cabinet. from what i've heard most strains are done stretching by the first month of flowering, unless they are pure sativa....which this is obviously not.....i've gotta figure that out soon.....

buds are starting to form on the taller of the two plants and i can already see trichomes on some of the upper bud leaves. the shorter bushier plant is starting to bud nicely now as well, though definetly behind the taller plant.

etncrew

38 posts (most of them being my own updates) and nearly one thousand thread views....i thought reefer made people talk alot

:muahaha: