What's new

first coco grow having major problems!!!! help please

aktattoo

How long has this problem been going on? 2 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) no
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) drip to waste
What STRAIN are you growing? og kush and cheese
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) clone
What is the age of your plants? 6weeks
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) 6 weeks
How tall are the plants? 3'-4'
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? starting 3rd week flower
What Technique are you using? no topping
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) coco
What is the Water temperature? 65 f
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? white
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) canna coco nuts
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* 5ml a+b per gallon 5 ml cal-mag
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) 3 x week
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) 3 x week and flushing at the end of each week
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? nutrients didnt change just increased dosage by 2 ml
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) cal mag,a,then b
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? ppm right now is at 700
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6.1
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? yes
When was your last watering?today
What is your water temps? 65 f
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) last week
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? once every week
What size bulb are you using? 6 1000w hps 2 lights pre 4x8 table
What is the distance to the canopy?12"
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 50-70
What is the canopy temperature?80 f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)10 15 f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)2x 1300 cfm vortex fans
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? exhaust all the time when lights are on and intake every half hour for a half hour 24 hours a day
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
Is your water HARD or SOFT? tap water is at 270 ppm
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? r/o
Are you using water from a water softener? no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no
Are plant's infected with pest's
i saw a couple of fungus gnats in the room but thats it

Attachments

• IMG00020-20110106-1107.jpg
    IMG00020-20110106-1107.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00021-20110106-1108.jpg
    IMG00021-20110106-1108.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00005-20101223-1013.jpg
    IMG00005-20101223-1013.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG00004-20101223-0958.jpg
    IMG00004-20101223-0958.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
T

THC_Decapitator

could you get a picture of the entire plant ?
im sure stitch and others can help u

aktattoo

you can kinda see it in this one but ill have to take some better pics!

Attachments

• P1020646.jpg
    P1020646.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
  • P1020647.jpg
    P1020647.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 15

aktattoo

heres some more pics

heres some more pics

just re did my res today 60 gallon r/0
10 ml a +b
2 ml rhiz
5ml cal-mag
ph 5.9
ppm 970

Attachments

• IMG00023-20110106-1849.jpg
    IMG00023-20110106-1849.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG00024-20110106-1850.jpg
    IMG00024-20110106-1850.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7

quicklikeabunny

Is this the first grow in your room, or just the first grow with coco in the room?

Also, if you can snap a pic using the flash when the lights are off it would help a lot.

C

Capital G

just re did my res today 60 gallon r/0
10 ml a +b
2 ml rhiz
5ml cal-mag
ph 5.9
ppm 970

looks like cal/mag but, i bet the problem is deeper. something that your doing is causing lockout. could be a lot of things. you pretty much covered everything in your first post except if your adding ph up or down. don't add them both to the same solution. it will cause lockout resulting in the type of deficiency being displayed.

greenatik

your not watering enough. those plants at that size could be watered once daily at least... i dont know the canna schedule but is 10ml a+b full strength? if not, bump it up

what ph are you running?

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
aktattoo- Now that you bumped up the nutes,good move,water everyday till runoff. If you have a ppm meter read the runoff. If it reads 970(the ppm you put in) your perfect,plants are eating and drinking at the same rate. If the ppm level is higher than what your putting in cut back the nutes,too much. And of course if the level is lower, then the plant is eating more than drinking, bump up your nutes.

I think you were under feeding,ppm wise,and not feeding often enough. Checkout Truecannabis or ojd grow threads both good growers that use canna...mitsu

aktattoo

looks like cal/mag but, i bet the problem is deeper. something that your doing is causing lockout. could be a lot of things. you pretty much covered everything in your first post except if your adding ph up or down. don't add them both to the same solution. it will cause lockout resulting in the type of deficiency being displayed.
i never add both ph and down to the res I usually mix nutrients let sit for about 2 hours measure and adjust ph to about 5.8-6.1 using just a small amount of ph down

aktattoo

aktattoo- Now that you bumped up the nutes,good move,water everyday till runoff. If you have a ppm meter read the runoff. If it reads 970(the ppm you put in) your perfect,plants are eating and drinking at the same rate. If the ppm level is higher than what your putting in cut back the nutes,too much. And of course if the level is lower, then the plant is eating more than drinking, bump up your nutes.

I think you were under feeding,ppm wise,and not feeding often enough. Checkout Truecannabis or ojd grow threads both good growers that use canna...mitsu
good stuff i never thought of that now thats the kind of thinkin I need thanx i'll check that today

quicklikeabunny

I have been fighting the exact same issue in my main room for a while now. I have taken a lot of steps to eliminate possible causes...If I moved a plant into my main room, I saw those same symptoms creep up in 7-10 days, no matter what. I changed from rockwool to coco, changed my nutes brand several times over, changed lighting, fans, went to RO water, added co2 generator & controllers, watered more, watered less, dropped/raised humidity/temp, everything I could think of. Nothing seemed to fix it except removing the plant from the environment (it's an outbuilding with a 12x16 working area inside).

I had a bunch of moms in my back room, and 2 were twins in soil only getting water, no nutes. I moved one in and same issue, other one kept on strong. I have since moved it back and it started to take off. I'm convinced my issue (and possibly yours) isn't a nute issue, but more of an environmental thing. I went down the lockout/deficiency road for a long time and never made an impact.

I had a checkerboard stick down tile floor in my area, and I removed that last week, painted over the floor, and I went ahead and increased the airflow dramatically. Now I'm in the early waiting period with my new babies to see if that could have been my culprit.

Keep an open mind, try different things, and good luck!

knna

You have a Ca lock out, due to high ph (combined with the continous add of Cal-Mg).

You need to use a lower Ph range if you grow in coco, or often happen this issua: Ca accumulates on the media, and displaces Mg (first, if lock out continues, K goes after it). The high Ph may cause other problems with some micros, too.

For the moment, the Mg deff is clear. There are signs of initial K deff too.

Ca lock out is not easy to solve. It takes its time to get fixed, as the excess Ca must be retired from the coco. Of course, you need to flush, but Ca is the element that is leached out more difficultly. You need to make your plants transpire as much as possible (Ca is uptaked passively as water is absorbed by roots), so use relatively high temps, in the high 80's, near 90, not to high humidity (35-40% max) and abundant waterings.

But the most important thing is to drop that Ph. Ca is way less uptaked by roots than Mg at ph over 5.8 or so, the two more present elements in coco's colloids, so in order to fiz the problem, you must drop ph. And while fixing the problem, dont add more CalMg. If any, Epsom Salts, meaning add just Mg, not Ca. You dont need more Ca in there.

G

guest1ab

You have a Ca lock out, due to high ph (combined with the continous add of Cal-Mg).

You need to use a lower Ph range if you grow in coco, or often happen this issua: Ca accumulates on the media, and displaces Mg (first, if lock out continues, K goes after it). The high Ph may cause other problems with some micros, too.

Ca lock out is not easy to solve. It takes its time to get fixed, as the excess Ca must be retired from the coco. Of course, you need to flush, but Ca is the element that is leached out more difficultly. You need to make your plants transpire as much as possible (Ca is uptaked passively as water is absorbed by roots), so use relatively high temps, in the high 80's, near 90, not to high humidity (35-40% max) and abundant waterings.

But the most important thing is to drop that Ph. Ca is way less uptaked by roots than Mg at ph over 5.8 or so, the two more present elements in coco's colloids, so in order to fiz the problem, you must drop ph. And while fixing the problem, dont add more CalMg. If any, Epsom Salts, meaning add just Mg, not Ca. You dont need more Ca in there.

damn! :woohoo:

aktattoo

how much lower i was told 5.8 was perfect

greenatik

high ph in the medium can be caused by underwatering

i stand by underwatering... this is not soil, its hydro, water accordingly

Latest posts

Latest posts