What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FireFox Users: Speed up Mozilla Firefox about 3-30x Faster

Merman

Tried it using Camino with good results... only step 3 r/t to the new integer entry isn't possible as there is no right click menu.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Tried it using Camino with good results... only step 3 r/t to the new integer entry isn't possible as there is no right click menu.

Sorry for the right clck, i don't know much about Camino, nevertheless its working thats great.

OP,

you are amazing. You just saved me so much time in my life. thank you.

Glad to see u like it oohcow, u welcome

Hell yeah man! I am flying around the site like a raped ape! This kicks ass!

SWOOOOOSH!!!!!!

For real this kicks ass!!! lol

Sleepy

Veteran
should be a sticky!!

should be a sticky!!

excellent tweak to firefox!!

thank you!!!:woohoo:

devilgoob

Veteran
Opera 10 with compression.

Opera has been using pipelining in it's browser by default, plus sites visited are loaded to their servers..compressed and then sent back to you smaller. Not only is that a proxy, but youre sending less data, less time. Lower quality pics with that function turned on though.

I'm not taking the cake, but Opera is just fuckin fast using a 30gb ssd. My internet speeds are fine, but my 20GB maxtor seemed like it made way too many seek operations for loading and internet page.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
option 2) quad-core
Actually..... this doesn't do anything for the speed your page loads. CPU speed hasn't mattered in this department for quite some time. 'Course, I remember back when I could type 3-4 times faster than my modem could send data.

Ahhhh.... the good ole days when only geeks like myself could figure out how to get on the internet. So much quieter back then. LOL

devilgoob

Veteran
Hydrosoil, whatca think about opera 10 turbo?

Me using opera..already has pipelining enabled...can deliver webpages faster via compression and decompression later on. It has a torrent downloader. A speed dial page while at first glance you think is stupid, but its a smart feature just to have small thumbnail images of the websites you speed dial with.

switched again and downloaded K-Meleon then pipelined it, better than mozilla pipelined..but there isnt much support for it except for its based off mozilla and tons of addon and crap are compatible.

If you guys really wanna do some secret browsing it can be a stand-alone install on a USB drive.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Quality, nice one for sharing this with the masses lambsbread. For anyone who cares, this won't impact negatively on general browsing.

On sites that have few images, css, javascripts, etc you won't really notice much difference, but for sites with plenty of graphics and other elements, like IC, it should do the job well.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can now find this thread in the stickies at the top of the tokersden.