What's new

Fire Extinguisher Balls - What do you guys think?

RenaissanceBrah

They seem like a good fire-protection solution, for when you have to leave your apartment for a few days. Like the balls they sell on Alibaba.

Just wondering what your thoughts on them are.

Tynehead Tom

I dunno if I would trust that to a grow room
my thoughts were , everyone should be running high temp shut offs on thier grow room power sources.
Then I was thinking a bank of C02 tanks generally used to supplement C02 in the grow room would be tied in to a high temp sensor and the solenoids would open wide open and flood the rooms with C02..... suffocating any fire and potentially saving a valuable crop or valuable genetics from being destroyed by fire "or" fire extinguishing chemicals.
Labratories often use inert gas dumps to contain and extinguish fires. Halon gas is quite common I have read but I think C02 would be easier to source and set up for the grower.

RenaissanceBrah

I dunno if I would trust that to a grow room
my thoughts were , everyone should be running high temp shut offs on thier grow room power sources.
Then I was thinking a bank of C02 tanks generally used to supplement C02 in the grow room would be tied in to a high temp sensor and the solenoids would open wide open and flood the rooms with C02..... suffocating any fire and potentially saving a valuable crop or valuable genetics from being destroyed by fire "or" fire extinguishing chemicals.
Labratories often use inert gas dumps to contain and extinguish fires. Halon gas is quite common I have read but I think C02 would be easier to source and set up for the grower.

That does sound like a much better solution. My setup had a much lower budget though - I agree though not sure if I trust the ball, but couldn't afford the CO2 system.

oldmaninbc

This is my fire protection. It is a mini fire retardant powder spray. High DSC02073.JPG heat causes a response.

I was also trying the attach file for the first time.

Cactus Squatter

I have the fire balls everywhere around anything that could light up. Timers, lights, ballast, on top of the tent and near any power strips.

I’ve tested them and they work really well.

Latest posts

Latest posts